Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

And that is relevant to Bang's hypothetical kid in his hypothetical sweatshirt how exactly?

(why do i think the answer to the question was 'no'?)

i kinda feel like this -

"I will find a psychologist to build my bull**** case by describing how isolated and stigmatized his shirt ban made him feel, especially since the Buffalo Bills fan kid is still walking around with an homage to a genocidal maniac and human exploiter on his shirt."

is another way of saying 'negative psychological impact'

(why do i think the answer to the question was 'no'?)

i kinda feel like this -

"I will find a psychologist to build my bull**** case by describing how isolated and stigmatized his shirt ban made him feel, especially since the Buffalo Bills fan kid is still walking around with an homage to a genocidal maniac and human exploiter on his shirt."

is another way of saying 'negative psychological impact'

That's a dumb argument and does not create a legal cause of action even in the alternative universe where it is a smart argument.

Whether it's a dumb argument would be up to who has to hear it.

And as is evidenced rather frequently, some dumb arguments gain lots of traction, even in front of judges and other assorted smartified guv'mnt officials.

(Like trademark hearing boards who can make rulings on "evidence" that is 20 years old and has already been dismissed in a half dozen other cases by real courts for trying to say the exact same thing and being unable to prove it.)

Or how a tiny % of people can claim to speak for a whole lot of people, even though it's clear to anyone who looks that they do not.

Why do we give every kid a trophy? Because we don't want any of them to feel bad, even if they failed miserably.

Why do we hear stories of school systems banning the use of red markers when correcting papers becuse it sends a negative image to kids?

the world may not work like n ABC sitcom, but it sure as hell works like a trashy Ignorance is Bliss reality show often enough.

~Bang

Schwanbeck:  " And if there is anything more beautiful than a 45-yard Brady-to-Gronkowski touchdown pass..."

Pretty much says it all.

Teachers - "Ok, all you Patriots and Cowboys student fans are welcome and... enter. Sorry, but the Redskins student fans must go back home and change their attire."

Sorry, it's either all or nothing.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11574381/cleveland-indians-say-goodbye-chief-wahoo

Change is happening in Cleveland

THAT TOOTHY GRIN stretching out his cheeks. Those triangular eyes, the bulbous nose. And the ear, pointing to the big red feather on his head.

ESPN The Magazine

I know his features well. But this isn't about me, though it kind of is.

This is about one of the most popular and talked-about figures in Cleveland sports history. He was there when Jim Brown was bowling over tacklers and long before LeBron James was born. Hall of Famers such as Bob Feller, Satchel Paige and Roberto Alomar have kept him close to their hearts and minds. He has starred in Major League and Major League II. Without saying a word, he has spoken to and for the good people of the Forest City, promising a swell time -- and maybe even a win -- if they go to the ballpark. He is Chief Wahoo, of course. Since 1947, he has withstood a 40-year postseason drought (1955-94), a relocation when the team moved downtown from Municipal Stadium in 1994 and annual protests by Native American groups on Opening Day.

And he's still smiling.

But a growing number of people want to wipe that smile off the face of the franchise. They see Wahoo not as the jolly old soul of Cleveland but, as attorney Peter Pattakos of ClevelandFrowns.com puts it, "the only professional sports logo in the Western world that caricaturizes a race of people." They have come to agree with a Feb. 28 editorial in The Plain Dealer that called for his removal because "Wahoo contributes nothing to the performance of the Indians on the field and makes the team hopelessly backward in the eyes of the world."

I say go ahead and ban it, it won't happen here in VA and I doubt THAT many people in other states are wearing Redskins gear. I don't understand why we're going so far out of our way to appease people who aren't fans, don't watch our games and don't buy Redskins merchandise.

Anyways, kids aren't stupid. If they ban this in schools, it will only spark interest as to why they can't wear it at school. It reminds me of D.A.R.E., they told us if you did drugs, you were going to hell/jail/hospital/homeless shelter. Many kids later found out that smoking weed doesn't mean you're going to die in a ditch and D.A.R.E. became a joke. This will soon become a joke as well.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized and forgot about any articles written in the Washington Crap.

but found it here:

http://www.csnbaltimore.com/article/dc-council-consider-banning-indian-nicknames

Another reason not to bother building the new stadium in DC. They want to ban the word 'Warriors' also (3 schools). Looks like 'Warriors' is out of the question for a new name.

The logo is alive and well on MLB.SHOP.com and google sports. That article may have a time stamp of 9/14/14, however the same exact piece was published in the Spring of 2013 by ESPN.

In fact, the Atlanta Braves Screaming Savage Logo is back at Lids in Leesburg:

BxcUzAtIYAA0HQv.jpg

BxcUfwEIQAAZl55.jpg

Archived