Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

Anyone watching this outside the lines on the redskins name? They asked Amanda Blackhorse about the numbers offended (small minority) and she was not prepared. She was all over the place and looked weak.

The guy supporting the name is really doing well. Amanda responded by accusing him of being paid by the team which looked bad (for her).

Won't watch it because of how it was promoted on twitter, go to his page, it is clear he is going in against the name. 

Mortensen just said on OTL that Dan Snyder removed the #Redskins from DC b/c he was tired of dealing with lawmakers. That's actually false.

Anyone watching this outside the lines on the redskins name? They asked Amanda Blackhorse about the numbers offended (small minority) and she was not prepared. She was all over the place and looked weak.

The guy supporting the name is really doing well. Amanda responded by accusing him of being paid by the team which looked bad (for her).

She did look bad when she accused him of being paid.  Saw that coming a mile away, of course anyone who opposes her that's NA is getting paid, which is insulting.

The guy brought up real things that they should be concerned about.  I wish someone would ask Blackhorse what would change for Native Americans on reservations that are dealing with alcoholism, drug abuse, etc, what would change for them if the name changed tomorrow.  

Oohhhhhh, so the people that want the change have more education and income! The rest of us are just slackjawed yokels.  

snyder removed the redskins from DC?

no. but he SHOULD remove the redskins from DC because he is tired of dealing with the ****roaches lawmakers.

In "Washington Redskins" the first word is the most important.

... and it's not like Richmond isn't a bunch if leeches either. If he builds in Va I bet we'll need EZ Passes just to drive there.

In "Washington Redskins" the first word is the most important.

maybe to you. 

not to me.

and, btw, i'm a DC sports fan. i dont even like hockey? but, go caps! i could never sit through a baseball game. til the nats came to town. now, i dont miss a game. basketball is almost as boring as hockey, but i root for the wizards. 

same with football. til the 91 team made me a believer. 

the redskins will always be the redskins. meanwhile, the district is doing everything they can do to distance and alienate themselves from the football team. its obvious DC only wants the team for whatever financial benefit it can reap from them. DC doesnt want the redskins- they want a professional football team. 

forget that. 

potomac redskins. that works just fine for me. DC doesnt deserve the redskins. 

i'd rather be where i'm wanted.

Been watching OTL and noticed a few things...

1.) ESPN wants to create the allusion that they are biased.

2.) Amanda Blackhorse is smuckering her lips together like someone who has done cocaine in the past two hours.  She also has the IQ of a cactus.

3.) The guy who Blackhorse accused of getting paid by the Redskins to stand up for the name is definitely getting paid.  He's an idiot too.

4.) Bob Costas Vs. Chris Cooley……. Holy ****.  Talk about pitting Muhammad Ali vs. Reggie Strickland on the main stage.  What made this even more ridiculous was Costas with his goldencrisp Shana-Tan and city-skyline against a sickly Cooley in some weird library with no lighting/no make-up looking like Interview With a Vampire.  Not fair.

Bottom line:  Blackhorse had an opportunity to bury us tonight and she dropped the hatchet.  Synder seemed OK.  His wife is a fembot.  Polls are still on our side.  Goodell and the owners are still riding with us.  Thank God for shared revenue. 

Topic came up (predictably) on Inside the NFL. Boy does that show suck now! I used to love it back when Len Dawson was the host, but now it's just recycling all the guys from CBS' pregame show. It was awful -hadn't seen it in several years so maybe it's been this bad for a while. Boomer said he would continue to use the name, whilst all the other PC douches said they would not. Some blatant manipulation/obfuscation of facts-"Dan Snyder (no mention of actual polling data) claims that 90 percent of NAs support the name, but Goodell said if even one person is offended we must look at it." Then when the panelists admit they've had NAs write to tell them they support the name, they dismissed it as "well....there's never 100 percent agreement on anything."

So....the 90% are the outliers and the handful of outspoken opportunists feeding off libera guilt are the norm.

In the preceding segment, by the way, one of the guys commenting on domestic violence blurted out that there are a lot of minorities in the NFL and where they come from couples "fight." Wonderful social commentary fellas...

Me thinks once this topic is buried, again, this time it'll be buried for good. Those opposing the name are rapidly falling apart.

I hope so, I'm really getting sick of it and just want to talk football, not this.  I think fatigue is definitely setting in.

The only way I think the name should ever change is if ALL sports teams change from NA logos.  So no more Seminoles, no more Indians, no more Redskins, no more Braves, no more Blackhawks, no more Chiefs, etc...If the Redskins name must go, then they ALL better go.  Otherwise, STFU already.

I was listening to the Junkies this morning. They did a segment talking about the show last night. They opened it up to callers, then never went to one. I wonder if they even got any. Perhaps a sign of name change fatigue. 

Or just none that were slanderous enough to air. Sucks when you are looking for a fight and there is none. 

So I'm in my truck listing to Mike & Mike (big mistake) and they run a promo about the NFL's Dilemma. Hmmm, interesting I thought, maybe this is about excessive penalty flags or head injuries...NOPE.

Next thing I hear is dramatic music with Bob Costas saying "it's a racial slur, it's in the dictionary...and I've consulted with several dictionaries" then a woman cries out "You can never call me that word Dan Snyder!"

NEXT ON MIKE AND MIKE.

Implied-Facepalm.jpg

Kevin Blackistone was on Any Pollin this AM on 570.  He was saying that he's making a documentary about why the name should be changed and about trying to disprove Chris Cooley saying that all of the NA reservations he's visited are not offended by the name.  He was hating on Chris Cooley, and saying that polls are biased.  The R-Word is equal to the N-Word (Blackhorse said it's our word, and we can use it but you can't in regards to Red Mesa Redskins).  So Blackistone was like "The R-Word is absolutely just like the N-Word".

Ugh.  Never ending BS.

Kevin Blackistone was on Any Pollin this AM on 570.  He was saying that he's making a documentary about why the name should be changed and about trying to disprove Chris Cooley saying that all of the NA reservations he's visited are not offended by the name.  He was hating on Chris Cooley, and saying that polls are biased.  The R-Word is equal to the N-Word (Blackhorse said it's our word, and we can use it but you can't in regards to Red Mesa Redskins).  So Blackistone was like "The R-Word is absolutely just like the N-Word".

Ugh.  Never ending BS.

im sure blackistone (yes, im offended by his name) will do a thorough job getting to his version of  the truth. its always sensible and totally unbiased to automatically dismiss someones word when they tell you about their first hand experience, especially when you have none. 

n word is the r word, indeed. 

if blackhorse is pulling the 'its our word' card, then shes changed her tune (shocker). last year she was saying, essentially, that native americans who use the word as their school mascots are ignorant, uneducated and unenlightened. 

but, blackistone/horse have to subscribe to the "its our word" defense. its the only way they can explain NAs use of the word.

Or just none that were slanderous enough to air. Sucks when you are looking for a fight and there is none. 

Actually Cakes and EB are pro name, JP is a name changer. Not sure where Lurch stands on it, he was out. So it was 2-1 for the name in the studio. I just think people are burnt out and sick of talking about it. Especially this close to the season starting. 

Ugh.  Never ending BS.

Well, that sounds like a fair and balanced investigation of the situation. No agenda there. What he won't tell anyone will be how many people he has to interview to find enough people willing to go on camera against the name.

Say it isn't so...Lindsey Czarniak has joined the name changer crusade. 

"If it is offensive to someone and if we know that, that’s all we need to know.”

i'm assuming i can expect lindsey to walk around covered in a burqa, not driving a car, etc, since those people over there cutting our citizens heads off are offended at such displays. 

its only right, considering we know someone is offended and all, right?

As someone who's not from the beltway, the name "Redskins" means a lot more to me then "Washington".

It's often said that Liberals are tolerant; while Republicans are the intolerant....yet; when you disagree with Liberals; they accuse you of being racist, sexist, homophobic, etc......they are truly the intolerant ones.    If you don't agree with them, you will feel their wrath.

Archived