stoney26

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

Recommended Posts

The Blacklist got a renewal for a Season 7. If you've been watching this season, you thought it was heading towards a conclusion this year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My GF watches the bachelor, and I’m here to tell you it’s the WORST **** I’ve ever seen on television. I’m not ashamed to say I watched an episode but my god how people take that show serious is dumbfounding. Seriously all you see is a grown man cry and French kiss 7 women a night. I’m ****in pissed 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rewatching the Expanse in 4k.  New TV (woo hoo).  It really is a good show and worth the second go round.  Picking up a few things I missed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 11, 2019 at 7:46 PM, max21 said:

My GF watches the bachelor, and I’m here to tell you it’s the WORST **** I’ve ever seen on television. I’m not ashamed to say I watched an episode but my god how people take that show serious is dumbfounding. Seriously all you see is a grown man cry and French kiss 7 women a night. I’m ****in pissed 

 

Never seen the bachelor, but I disagree that it is the worst.  My wife watches Hollywood Medium... That is the WORST.  The dude pretends that he has never heard of the D list celebs that he gives readings to.  Then he proves his psychic abilities by telling them things about themselves that you can find on their Wikipedia and Facebook pages.  The "celebrities" show their shock and amazement.  Finally, the Hollywood Medium tells them some dead family member is happy in the afterlife and wants them to know how much they love them.  Celeb then cries and tells the medium how greatful they are to know their dead relative is at peace.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nerm said:

 

Never seen the bachelor, but I disagree that it is the worst.  My wife watches Hollywood Medium... That is the WORST.  The dude pretends that he has never heard of the D list celebs that he gives readings to.  Then he proves his psychic abilities by telling them things about themselves that you can find on their Wikipedia and Facebook pages.  The "celebrities" show their shock and amazement.  Finally, the Hollywood Medium tells them some dead family member is happy in the afterlife and wants them to know how much they love them.  Celeb then cries and tells the medium how greatful they are to know their dead relative is at peace.

Idk about that. My wife watched one where he met with Alan Thicke and told him a relative is telling him he needs to get his heart checked out or something like that. Then a few months later he dies of a heart attack.

 

I usually never believe in any kinda stuff like that but this kid is kinda freaky. He brings up some obscure stuff.

Edited by Fight4RGIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

Idk about that. My wife watched one where he met with Alan Thicke and told him a relative is telling him he needs to get his heart checked out or something like that. Then a few months later he dies of a heart attack.

 

I usually never believe in any kinda stuff like that but this kid is kinda freaky. He brings up some obscure stuff.

 

I would explain why I think that is a very naive way to look at the act of cold readings... which is a centuries old practice.  But I have learned the hard way, through conversations with my wife, that it will just make people angry with me.  So, I will say you might be right, and I may be wrong.

 

The most bizarre aspect of my discussions with my wife is that she does not believe there is an afterlife... but if I tell her that it is bull**** that the guy is talking to someone who is in the afterlife, she gets mad at me and explains why there is no other way he could have known that stuff.  If I point this contradiction out to her, she gets very, very mad at me.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm....my kids have me watching an anime series...DeathNote.  Nine episodes in.  So far, so good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 5:22 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I finally finished The Punisher . I liked it, but I think all these shows ending was overall for the best. The overwhelming similarity in how they they tell their stories, and the simplistic, rugged take was starting to get a bit old.

 

DD is really the only one that will be truly missed

 

This is a solid take on my concern with the Netflix marvel thing going on.  I don't like using the word oversaturated, but I'm telling you, it's huge reason why I felt so meh about captain marvel.  Maybe in a vacuum without the rest of mcu I like it better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2019 at 6:11 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

The Blacklist got a renewal for a Season 7. If you've been watching this season, you thought it was heading towards a conclusion this year.

 

Watching it right now. I usually wait 3 weeks so I can watch them back to back. And I was just thinking about how this is season 6 and it doesn't even seem like it. No way they could it end it in 6 seasons. Glad to know there is another season. :)

 

 

Edited by zskins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 episodes into the Netflix Original Love, Death, & Robots that just dropped on Friday.  Loving it so far.  Animated anthology series about the future, with each episode only 12-20 minutes long. 

 

Wide range of content, from dark comedy, suspense thriller, revenge, and all out alien invasion action.  

 

One episode is about robots on a tourist trip in a post-apocalyptic city on earth, taking selfies with skeletons of people who committed suicide while talking about how much humans sucked.  :rofl89:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 1:11 AM, Renegade7 said:

 

This is a solid take on my concern with the Netflix marvel thing going on.  I don't like using the word oversaturated, but I'm telling you, it's huge reason why I felt so meh about captain marvel.  Maybe in a vacuum without the rest of mcu I like it better.

 

Yeah, though I  agree with your assessment on CM. Wakanda and the Snap is a tough act to follow. That may be the apex of the MCU, and I remember saying as much last summer.

 

But yeah, done with the Netflix stuff. Always two villains  (one slightly overshadowing the other). Everyone is either mentally ill or somehow involved with the military (which is why I thoroughly enjoyed S1 of Jessica Jones , incorporating less of that than the other shows. It all just kinda got repetitive. 

........

 

@Chew you should check out Castlevania while you're at it. Deep, for a videogame adaptation,  and surprisingly brutal in it's delivery.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

@Chew you should check out Castlevania while you're at it. Deep, for a videogame adaptation,  and surprisingly brutal in it's delivery.

 

Nice, man.  I'll check it out. Was scrolling through the 'Flix yesterday and didn't see it...but then again I wasn't looking for it.

Sin -- Love, Death, & Robots is mandatory viewing.  It's awesome. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goliath on amazon prime.  It's Billy Bob Thornton doing a light Bad Santa routine mixed with a storyline like Erin Brockovich.  It's great.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Chew said:

4 episodes into the Netflix Original Love, Death, & Robots that just dropped on Friday.  Loving it so far.  Animated anthology series about the future, with each episode only 12-20 minutes long. 

 

Wide range of content, from dark comedy, suspense thriller, revenge, and all out alien invasion action.  

 

One episode is about robots on a tourist trip in a post-apocalyptic city on earth, taking selfies with skeletons of people who committed suicide while talking about how much humans sucked.  :rofl89:

 

I'm also four episodes in.  The episode with the three robots was my favorite so far.  Very funny.  I really liked three of the four that I have seen so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nerm said:

 

I'm also four episodes in.  The episode with the three robots was my favorite so far.  Very funny.  I really liked three of the four that I have seen so far.

 

Watched a bunch of these last night. Would totally recommend them to anyone interested. Reminded me of the Animatrix which I love. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@visionary Finally finished S3 of Into The Badlands. Crazy finale.

 

Feels like this show just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to see how S3.5 turns out.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

@visionary Finally finished S3 of Into The Badlands. Crazy finale.

 

Feels like this show just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to see how S3.5 turns out.

 

 

I haven't heard anything about the show in a while. Any idea when the next season is out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

@visionary Finally finished S3 of Into The Badlands. Crazy finale.

 

Feels like this show just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to see how S3.5 turns out.

 

 

3.5? This post just took me down a rabbit hole of despair. They ending the show and the final 8 episodes coming out starting March 24. **** AMC.

 

https://deadline.com/2019/02/into-the-badlands-the-son-canceled-end-runs-amc-final-season-premiere-1202553597/

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn... I just thought this coming season was the finale. All my shows get cancelled or end, smh. I hate television

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, visionary said:

I haven't heard anything about the show in a while. Any idea when the next season is out?

 

Within the next couple weeks iirc.

 

Nope. This Sunday. Can't believe they're axing this when complete and utter crap like TWD is still allowed to persist long past its expiration date

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2019 at 5:50 PM, The Evil Genius said:

S2 coming April 5th.

 

 

 

 

 

 

This kept my curiosity and reminds me that this is a character that's been around for a while.  I like how the dark tone of the show can break through and take over.

 

I miss the Salem in the last rendition of Sabrina, but he woulda got murdered first episode in this version. Still one of my favorite TV characters of all time : )

 

 

 

 

tumblr_mwrue7rXFS1sg3kfpo2_500.gif

tenor (13).gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 6:26 PM, Chew said:

One episode is about robots on a tourist trip in a post-apocalyptic city on earth, taking selfies with skeletons of people who committed suicide while talking about how much humans sucked.  :rofl89:

 

that episode had me dying laughing.

 

I need a movie or series just about those 3 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.