Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I am on the last episode of Your Honor season 2.  I have really enjoyed this season and show as it goes into what redemption can look like, and how does one atone for one's past.  The relationship between the judge and the mobster was superbly written and acted.

On 7/14/2024 at 11:25 AM, TK said:

Just finished up Receiver on Netflix & one thing is for sure Gus. Kittle married himself a Goonie Goo Goo

I'm confused, I thought a goonie goo goo was a Bigfoot.

Cause she sure don't look like no Bigfoot to me gus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

Well you probably didn't see the the part after the credits where she was pulling fish out of the ocean with her mouth.

On 7/22/2024 at 9:39 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Watched 2 episodes of Blue Eye Samurai last night.

Holy ****. Kicking myself now for not watching it sooner. 

Ok finished the season. What the hell did I just watch? This show is 100% balls out badassery. Definitely NSFW but worth the watch. Can't wait for S2. 

On 7/22/2024 at 9:57 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Cobra Kai, final season...It got bad and over the top awhile ago, but I feel like I've gotta finish it.

Johnny Lawrence carries this show.  I actually don't care about LaRusso.  In fact, they made the Karate Kid an actual heel. I can't figure why his wife doesn't split from him.  He literally is obsessed with Karate. 

I think it was some point between Season 4 and 5 that it jumpes the shark. 

My wife is so pissed they used Korean master and daughter and call it Karate.  "Do they not  know that Tae Kwon Do is the Korean national sport?" I guess they do use something called "Korean Karate".

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2024 at 10:57 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Cobra Kai, final season...It got bad and over the top awhile ago, but I feel like I've gotta finish it.

you-stay-focused-mr-miyagi.gif

I feel you, it's getting ridiculous.  But we gotsta see it through.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 7/22/2024 at 10:19 AM, redskinss said:

It's the unibrow

13 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Presumed Innocent with Jake G. on AppleTV - Highly recommend.

Finished it last night. Phenomenal.

• Like 1

I am watching fauda. It is amazing. I can see people not liking subtitles, but it treats terrorism the way the first 2 seasons of the wire treated drugs. It humanizes both sides of a middle eastern terrorism and counter terrorism struggle.

• Like 1

Probably belongs in the Trek thread but I needed some PG stuff to watch on my flights so started the animated Star Trek Progeny Prodigy and am about 2/3 done with S1.

Tbh, I like it a lot more than expected. We'll see what direction it takes but seeing some other series characters show up has been fun. 

Also watched some of the first season of Harley Quinn (not on the plane) and dear lord that show is so wrong (in a good way). 

Edited by The Evil Genius
Fixed title name

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Probably belongs in the Trek thread but I needed some PG stuff to watch on my flights so started the animated Star Trek Progeny and am about 2/3 done with S1.

Tbh, I like it a lot more than expected. We'll see what direction it takes but seeing some other series characters show up has been fun. 

Also watched some of the first season of Harley Quinn (not on the plane) and dear lord that show is so wrong (in a good way). 

Prodigy

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2024 at 12:53 AM, Fergasun said:

Johnny Lawrence carries this show.  I actually don't care about LaRusso.  In fact, they made the Karate Kid an actual heel. I can't figure why his wife doesn't split from him.  He literally is obsessed with Karate. 

I think it was some point between Season 4 and 5 that it jumpes the shark. 

My wife is so pissed they used Korean master and daughter and call it Karate.  "Do they not  know that Tae Kwon Do is the Korean national sport?" I guess they do use something called "Korean Karate".

Cobra Kai jumped the shark way back in season 2 lol.  

From what I've heard about it, I'm glad I stopped after that dumbass season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Cobra Kai jumped the shark way back in season 2 lol.  

From what I've heard about it, I'm glad I stopped after that dumbass season.

The entire series was a shark-jump. But, I think it's very self-aware and that's what makes it fun. If you're watching it expecting it to be a dramatic event or not cheesy/predictable, then it's probably best to move on to something else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The entire series was a shark-jump. But, I think it's very self-aware and that's what makes it fun. If you're watching it expecting it to be a dramatic event or not cheesy/predictable, then it's probably best to move on to something else. 

Oh I did move on to something else long ago.

And I never expected it to be drama or anything.  The first season was fun but that was it.

• Like 1