Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Mrs. Sisko started watching White Lotus before me, then pulled me in for season 2. It's actually pretty good. It is a bit of a slow burn, though. I'm going to go back and check out season 1 when I have time. However, the best and funniest new show I've seen in some time is Shrinking with Jason Segal on Apple TV.

5 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

My wife and I have been watching “the morning show.” It’s a good show, but my problem is they brought to much real life into season 2. I want to get away from real life. Instead they bring up Trump, Covid and other racial issues. I probably won’t watch the next season. 

I want entertainment, not reality.

It’s quite good.  We watched both seasons. I’ve been a Billy Crudup since Almost Famous. Greta Lee who plays Stella was also good in Russian Doll.

49 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

It’s quite good.  We watched both seasons. I’ve been a Billy Crudup since Almost Famous. Greta Lee who plays Stella was also good in Russian Doll.

it is.  Billy Crudup is fantastic in the show. I love his character, no homo. But, he is one of the main reasons I watch. I never realized that Greta Lee was also in Russian Doll, another fantastic show I watch. 

On 2/14/2023 at 8:19 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Here we go

Shock Ted Lasso GIF by Apple TV+

On 2/22/2023 at 4:30 PM, Fergasun said:

Outer Banks Season 3!!! 

Talk about taking forever to release. Felt like this was going to be the end of it, the way it wraps up everything then the ending sets it for more. :) 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 6:48 PM, The Sisko said:

Mrs. Sisko started watching White Lotus before me, then pulled me in for season 2. It's actually pretty good. It is a bit of a slow burn, though. I'm going to go back and check out season 1 when I have time. However, the best and funniest new show I've seen in some time is Shrinking with Jason Segal on Apple TV.

White Lotus is absolutely a slow burn.

And I’m glad to hear that endorsement… looking forward to watching it when we start our Apple TV sub shortly.

• Like 1

So I just finished watching "The Watcher" on Netflix.
What in the living hell was that?
It was intriguing, it was mysterious, it was layered, and in the end..  well, just what the hell was that?

~Bang

• Like 1

'Jared from Subway: Catching a Monster' Docuseries Is Appropriately Hard to Stomach

Whatever joy people derive from true crime—theories on the reasons for said thrill vary—will likely be absent when they watch the limited docuseries Jared from Subway: Catching a Monster. All who have the stomach to enter may not have the endurance to finish the three-part “event,” which airs Monday on ID and hits the Discovery+ streaming service on the same day. In chronicling the downfall of former Subway spokesperson Jared Fogle, who in 2015 pleaded guilty to possessing child sex abuse material and traveling to have sex with a minor, Monster contains, per a title card that opens every segment, “graphic discussions and actual audio recordings of a child predator that are disturbing in nature.” That downplays the can’t-unsee (slash -unhear) nature of much of what’s presented.

This isn’t to say that Jared from Subway: Catching a Monster is bad or ineffective. It’s just relentlessly unpleasant. Given its subject matter, this is tragically appropriate. While there is palpable sensationalism at times—especially in the pre-commercial break teases of more explicit stories of abuse, accompanied by jarring music cues, all designed to keep you watching—this is a well-told account of one of the most shocking falls from grace in recent pop culture history.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 8:37 PM, China said:

I watched it.

I don't think I paid enough attention to this scandal when it was happening because I had no idea the lengths to which Jared would go to abuse children and the things he would say to people that he thought would enable his efforts.

What a sick, horrible, truly evil man disguised as an inspirational celebrity. 

I watched that Jared special too and the worst part was hearing the actual tapes.  It was just so disgusting to hear a grown man talk about that stuff and you could tell how excited he was about it and how he gets off.  Especially when you heard him talking about "pounding an 8 year old boy" or something along those lines.  I remember he used the word "pounded" though, and was telling the one chick how he wanted her to watch him pound a little boy.  Disgusting.

On 3/15/2023 at 8:00 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Does anyone watch yellowjackets? Thoughts? 

My wife and I finished watching season 1 about a month ago. Only 1 season so far… season 2 coming out soon.

We really enjoyed it… I’d recommend. Not a must see (highly recommend like a Ted Lasso) but a tier below.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I am on episode 3 of 5 on the 2nd half of season 4 of You and this show is starting to get really stupid.  I'll finish this season but I doubt I'll watch anymore, if they even do another season.

Spoiler

The way they ended it I highly doubt there will be anymore. 

Edited by zCommander