Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 5/14/2022 at 9:30 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Horrible choice, imo.  

Let's wait until we see him in the role. He may be great or he may suck. Thing about Doctor Who, you wait 3 seasons and you get a new Doc.

If you liked David Tennant , He's been confirmed for The 60th anniversary special/s airing next year.

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Let's wait until we see him in the role. He may be great or he may suck. Thing about Doctor Who, you wait 3 seasons and you get a new Doc.

If you liked David Tennant , He's been confirmed for The 60th anniversary special/s airing next year.

I'm always going to see him as Eric from Sex Education.  He is great in that role, but I just don't see him as Doctor Who right now, because of that and because that's been his only major role in his acting career.  I'll give him a chance and wait until I see actual episodes with him, maybe he will crush it. 

I'm rooting for the guy, but I hope they don't make his doctor goofy like Matt Smith, I literally cannot stand Matt Smith and stopped watching it until he left.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

What in the absolute hell were the producers of the new Halo TV series thinking???

What a disgrace.

Master Chief has his ****ing helmet off all the time, is a skinny emo bamma, and he's involved in a love story with an enemy spy.

Messing with the wrong nerds.  Wouldn't be surprised if the real hardcores fire up the death threats again.  Think they did it for Halo 5, if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

What in the absolute hell were the producers of the new Halo TV series thinking???

What a disgrace.

Master Chief has his ****ing helmet off all the time, is a skinny emo bamma, and he's involved in a love story with an enemy spy.

Messing with the wrong nerds.  Wouldn't be surprised if the real hardcores fire up the death threats again.  Think they did it for Halo 5, if I remember correctly.

meh. I like it. It’s not the best version of Chief yet but you have to think the Chief we get in Halo 1-3 isn’t a real character and wouldn’t work as a lead in a TV show. So we need some way to connect with Chief and know who he is. This is setting that up as we get to the fall of Reach and then to Halo where we will see a Chief and Cortana dynamic we recognize a lot more. The time we spend with Chief now will make the Chief we get later better and we will be more connected and engaged. 

they could have done that several different ways obviously and I’m not crazy in love with the way thru chose to do it, but ultimately I think this will all be character development to the Chief we will get in season 2 and beyond that has his helmet on more (especially due to fan feedback) and is more in line with the character we know in Halo 1-3. 

8 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

What a disgrace.

It's a Secret Hideout production.  These are the same people ruining Star Trek.  They get off on ruining things nerds love.

Glad I was wrong about this weeks BCS being the mid season finale, because if it was left on that, I woulda been heated.  But next week is the mid season finale and hopefully we get some sort of resolution.  The past 2-3 episodes been kinda weak.

3 hours ago, gbear said:

On Amazon Prime, there is a series called Solos which is a fun sci-fi mini series about time travel.  I have watched the first 2 episodes, and it is very well written and acted.

Gotta look into this. I have a serious time travel fetish, which is why I loved DARK (Netflix) so much. Have you ever seen DARK?

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 1:34 PM, Chachie said:

Gotta look into this. I have a serious time travel fetish, which is why I loved DARK (Netflix) so much. Have you ever seen DARK?

Either of them as good as SyFy's version of 12 Monkeys? 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 5/18/2022 at 9:46 AM, gbear said:

On Amazon Prime, there is a series called Solos which is a fun sci-fi mini series about time travel.  I have watched the first 2 episodes, and it is very well written and acted.

I'm on episode 6 but I don't think it's a time travel series.  Only episode 1 had time travel elements.   Will see what 6 & 7 does. I don't consider episodes 2-5 time travel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bloodytusk said:

So if I enjoyed the original will I enjoy the series. Do they try to catch the spirit of it?

I liked both. Some of the same characters show up in bith but totally different interpretations of them. The show also affords more time to develop new stories. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I liked both. Some of the same characters show up in bith but totally different interpretations of them. The show also affords more time to develop new stories. 

Sounds like a fun watch I expect ,

and hope someone in it tried to channel Mr. pitts crazy.

13 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I'm on episode 6 but I don't think it's a time travel series.  Only episode 1 had time travel elements.   Will see what 6 & 7 does. I don't consider episodes 2-5 time travel.

Okay, I watched the final 2 episodes.  It was definitely something different but other than episode 1; not time travel.

• Sad 1

Sorry, I had only watched the first 2 at the time, and the second one had a lot of look I,g back, but as I am through the first 4, I agree on,lack of time travel. I have still enjoyed them though they have been odd. I liked the first one the most.

4 hours ago, gbear said:

Sorry, I had only watched the first 2 at the time, and the second one had a lot of look I,g back, but as I am through the first 4, I agree on,lack of time travel. I have still enjoyed them though they have been odd. I liked the first one the most.

I hated the one where the with the lady who ended up killing the kid.