Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

56 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Meh, whatever. They've kinda killed my interest with this "Every two years" stuff. I honestly don't care anymore.

It was good, but not that good

Plus theyre working with kids. Gotta be weird now, 4-5 years later, trying to play it like theyre the same age, especially  the older ones who are probably like halfway to 30 by now.

S3 (Summer '85) is set almost an entire year later from S2 (fall '84)

The same concept they used between S1 (fall/winter  '83) and S2.

Also we finished s1 of Veronica Mars last night. I know it was a CWish (before the merger) show but damn it was well written and very edgy for it's time.

• Like 1

Has anyone watched "The Widow" on Amazon Prime?  It has Kate Beckensale in it, and I started it, but couldn't get into it.  Her husband supposedly dies in a plane crash but then she sees him on the news in during an uprising, and he might be a spy?

I'm just wondering if I should give it another chance.

36 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You gonna be watching The Witcher? Seems like Netflix execs are pumped about it.

Probably.  I haven't been keeping up with the updates, but I played all the games and read a bunch of the books, so I'll likely watch at least some of the show.  I heard mixed thing about it earlier though.

• Like 1

Started "Good Omens" on Prime. I love Neil Gaiman. Probably the most imaginative writer i have ever read. So far the series does not disappoint. 

I have been on a bit of a Brit kick lately.. never saw "the IT Crowd" before. Some of it is downright hilarious. And of course, The Mighty Boosh is on Prime and it is one of the goofiest / oddest things I've seen. Tony Harrison for president of the Shaman's Guild!

~Bang

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Finished Stranger Things 3.  A+.  Can't wait until the next one.  I'm assuming two years from now so it'll be in '87.

Yeah I loved it. It’s the most intense season yet. Everyone had something worthwhile to do and got plenty of shine. 

Spoiler

I’m glad that the others had to save 11 this time. I called that after last season. She can’t always just show up and save them every time so it was a nice reversal. I’m assuming she will get her powers back

Also, I like how they leaned into the red scare stuff of the 80s and Cold War. 

Billy was a great villain and avatar for the mindflay. I like that we got to understand  what made him such a piece of garbage and he had a moment of redemption. That was well done. 

The move changes a lot. They could go several directions next season and it will be interesting to see if they keep them separate like they did for much of this season of find a reason to bring them all back. 

Im assuming the American in the gulag at the end is either Hopper or 11s dad. Hopper is a pretty important character that dies off screen and he doesn’t leave a puddle of goo on the walkway like the others that died in the room. I’m sure he’s still alive either in the gulag or he jumped into the upside down portal before it closed. 

• Like 3

Just finished season 1 of The Order.   It was a lot of fun, though the ending is intriguing but also kind of annoying.

Spoiler

I was thinking it was almost perfect before the ending.  It seems like a really short-sighted decision on Vera’s part.  Now the werewolves will be much more dangerous and a lot of people could die (especially Order members) and they will never trust her or the Order. 

Also kind of disappointing that Alyssa would go along with it after everything they went through and seeing other people abuse magic.  Oh and it’s kind of crazy that Gabrielle gets to keep her memory still after all she’s done.  I loved the show though for the most part and I am excited to see what happens next.

Edited by visionary

11 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Finished Stranger Things 3.  A+.  Can't wait until the next one.  I'm assuming two years from now so it'll be in '87.

Same here, just finished it up and me and my wife both think this was the best season so far.  If not the best, tied with season 1 for the best.  So much better than season 2, imo.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah I loved it. It’s the most intense season yet. Everyone had something worthwhile to do and got plenty of shine. 

Hide contents

I’m glad that the others had to save 11 this time. I called that after last season. She can’t always just show up and save them every time so it was a nice reversal. I’m assuming she will get her powers back

Billy was a great villain and avatar for the mindflay. I like that we got to understand  what made him such a piece of garbage and he had a moment of redemption. That was well done. 

The move changes a lot. They could go several directions next season and it will be interesting to see if they keep them separate like they did for much of this season of find a reason to bring them all back. 

Im assuming the American in the gulag at the end is either Hopper or 11s dad. Hopper is a pretty important character that dies off screen and he doesn’t leave a puddle of goo on the walkway like the others that died in the room. I’m sure he’s still alive either in the gulag or he jumped into the upside down portal before it closed. 

Just finished it.

Spoiler

The whole "Not the American" bit makes me think he's in that gulag somehow.

I was under the assumption that this was the last season. Glad they arent done, though it's hard to tell what angle they'll be working from. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think next season should be it’s last. The kids are getting older fast and I don’t want to stretch the story out too far 

Yeah I hope we don't have to wait another 2 years for 8 episodes. Thats the only real problem I have with the show

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 1:13 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Agreed on all points, though I am not sure who that is in the gulag.  I can see where it'd be Hopper but it didn't look like him even though you are right, he does die off screen.  I'd have to go back and watch it.  But I don't think it's Hopper only based on that long drawn out voiceover they had of him writing the letter to 11.  I don't think they have that scene to bring him back in the next season.  11s dad is an interesting take.  I would bet on that, or at least someone that knows how 11 got started.

Went back and started Season 1, haven't watched it since it first came out and..damn it's so good.  I think it's better than season 3, just by a bit.  Only because I like how it's only the kids that know what's up.  Something I like about the kids figuring this stuff out with the grownups in the dark that makes it a little better for me.  

I think we're in for a two year wait, which is unfortunate.

19 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Reveal hidden contents

Agreed on all points, though I am not sure who that is in the gulag.  I can see where it'd be Hopper but it didn't look like him even though you are right, he does die off screen.  I'd have to go back and watch it.  But I don't think it's Hopper only based on that long drawn out voiceover they had of him writing the letter to 11.  I don't think they have that scene to bring him back in the next season.  11s dad is an interesting take.  I would bet on that, or at least someone that knows how 11 got started.

Went back and started Season 1, haven't watched it since it first came out and..damn it's so good.  I think it's better than season 3, just by a bit.  Only because I like how it's only the kids that know what's up.  Something I like about the kids figuring this stuff out with the grownups in the dark that makes it a little better for me.  

I think we're in for a two year wait, which is unfortunate.

My thinking is that 

Spoiler

It is Hopper because that is why they made 11 lose her powers. If Hopper dies and his body is never found dont you think 11 tries to find him if she keeps her powers? At least once and if she did she would find him. Now she can’t look for him and won’t be able to know 

This way they can keep him being alive a secret from everyone and it makes sense in-universe too. 

• Like 1

I was rewatching Dark Matter with a friend (just episode 1 so far) and looked up the show on reddit and saw this.

Apparently the creator of the show wrote up some outlines of what would happen in season 4.  (I only just started looking at it, so I'm not sure yet)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My thinking is that 

Hide contents

It is Hopper because that is why they made 11 lose her powers. If Hopper dies and his body is never found dont you think 11 tries to find him if she keeps her powers? At least once and if she did she would find him. Now she can’t look for him and won’t be able to know 

This way they can keep him being alive a secret from everyone and it makes sense in-universe too. 

Gotcha, that all makes sense.  Certainly possible.