Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Record Winning Streaks in the NHL and NBA

Sticksboi05

Blackhawks...Hockey is such a crazy sport, you can lose a game by having a puck take a weird bounce a couple times. Granted their team is super stacked (Even though they've been bit by the injury bug recently)

Plus, LeBron is a genetically-perfect cyborg clone from DNA of Bo Jackson, Wayne Gretzky, Willie Mays, and some armpit hair from Jordan...sent from 2089.

So I expect this from them.

Blackhawks, no matter what the likes of Stephen A. Smith say.

As many have already said, hockey is a game where the best team can easily lose. That puck can do weird things and the bounces don't always go your way. The streak the Blackhawks are on right now, especially with the way they won on Wednesday, is remarkable.

The Heat, because the Blackhawks have actually lost games during their streak. They just haven't lost in regulation.

Except the overtime rules for each sport are completely different. I'm pretty sure the Heat had at least one OT game during their streak. Who scored first then?

The Heat, because the Blackhawks have actually lost games during their streak. They just haven't lost in regulation.

I have everything about the blackhawks, but if you want to be technical, they've only lost in a shootout.

If hockey still had ties like back in the day, they would still be 21-0-3.....

Except the overtime rules for each sport are completely different. I'm pretty sure the Heat had at least one OT game during their streak. Who scored first then?

They just had a DOUBLE OVERTIME game against THE KINGS. Then yesterday they almost lost to THE MAGIC!!! But with that being said they still won both games. Both streaks are impressive, the Blackhawks gets the edge as more impressive...

Blackhawks. The NHL has much more parity. And like people already said, you couldn't run into a hot goalie or the puck could just bounce the wrong way.

On the flipside, the Heat's streak is a good indicator they will roll into the NBA finals. In hockey, a hot goalie or some good breaks could get you past the Blackhawks in the playoffs.

• 3 weeks later...

Now we have two teams, the Heat and Penguins aiming to break their respective league's record for consecutive wins. The Heat are at 27 and need to get to 34. The Pittsburgh Penguins are at 13 and need to get to 18. Which team, if either gets there.

It should be noted that the gap between LeBron/Crosby and the other players in their leagues is enormous.

Now we have two teams, the Heat and Penguins aiming to break their respective league's record for consecutive wins. The Heat are at 27 and need to get to 34. The Pittsburgh Penguins are at 13 and need to get to 18. Which team, if either gets there.

It should be noted that the gap between LeBron/Crosby and the other players in their leagues is enormous.

I think the Heat have a better chance, but I think neither make it.

Archived