Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Manti Te'o's supposedly dead girlfriend is a hoax - Deadspin

GameWinner

I married a girl I met online, who lived a thousand miles from me. We've been married almost two years now and I honestly can't imagine a day going by without seeing her in some capacity through Skype or whatever, nor could I have imagined that scenario four years ago when we first started dating. She traveled out to see me within two months and I did the same three months later. Between that we webcammed all the time, and I can't imagine why they couldn't have done the same many years later, when Skype is truly mainstream. It just seems ludicrous to me to not want to add some tangible quality to the relationship, but maybe it's a Mormon thing, I dunno.

Or it's a total con.

Is this a pic of wifey?

psycho-mother.jpg

I find it disturbing that people seem to find a guy who they think made up, killed, and accepted sympathy for the death of a girlfriend is simply an ******* or a bad guy. You have to be incredibly mentally disturbed to do something like this. To me, this is way more than just a prank or cover up gone wrong.

Does anyone actually believe what ND is saying? Seems awfully shady to me. Nothing they say makes sense.

Speculation is T'eo might be gay, and if he comes clean and has the courage to say that, then he's a brave man. Otherwise, I don't think this will end well. Just a mark on his career

Does anyone actually believe what ND is saying? Seems awfully shady to me. Nothing they say makes sense.

Speculation is T'eo might be gay, and if he comes clean and has the courage to say that, then he's a brave man. Otherwise, I don't think this will end well. Just a mark on his career

How is that brave and not just bat**** crazy?

If that is what is confirmed in the end, I have no problem accepting it. Until then, I'm going to reserve judgement and not make claims that he is gay.

I don't think anyone has claimed he's gay. Just a possibility. And one that makes sense.

I have no idea if he is or isn't. But I'd say its one of the best possibilities. And for the record, no matter what way you go with this, it IS a conspiracy theory...

---------- Post added January-17th-2013 at 06:55 AM ----------

KDawg, it's not elaborate? Really?

I love that you went on a long diatribe about that comment when all I meant by not being "elaborate" was that he was in a tough spot, trying to hide something an tangled himself in lies. It didn't take a genius to come up with that story. It took someone that was scared and off his rocker to begin with.

And besides that, I think it's a bit more difficult, IF he is in fact gay... IF... to come out when you're a part of a Catholic University, from a Mormon Church and in a football locker room than you're letting on.

I feel compelled to say, it bothers me that this story is getting so much traction, and the Notre Dame rape case where the girl killed herself ten days later, and the accused player is still on the team - not even interviewed by campus police, got almost none. I'm glad Alabama curb stomped them on national TV, though it will never bring that girl back to her parents.

Yeah, this is the most damning evidence for me too. If ND's private investigators had it all figured out, why wait until he took the fall to say something? Why settle for damage control instead? ND's story is BS.

Maybe they were trying to do him a favor. If he is gay, they knew his draft stock would drop. They surely didn't know deadspin was in front of the story, or else ND may have released findings sooner. Once again, assuming Te'o is gay, it may have all come out sometime after the draft.

Maybe they were trying to do him a favor. If he is gay, they knew his draft stock would drop. They surely didn't know deadspin was in front of the story, or else ND may have released findings sooner. Once again, assuming Te'o is gay, it may have all come out sometime after the draft.

Only to somewhere between 29-32. San Francisco would take him in a heartbeat ;).

I feel compelled to say, it bothers me that this story is getting so much traction, and the Notre Dame rape case where the girl killed herself ten days later, and the accused player is still on the team - not even interviewed by campus police, got almost none. I'm glad Alabama curb stomped them on national TV, though it will never bring that girl back to her parents.

Wait... What?

BTW, I don't know what to think at this point in time. This sure is a fascinating story though.

I feel the same way. I don't know who or what to believe, but it sure is interesting.

---------- Post added January-17th-2013 at 08:34 AM ----------

Yeah, this is the most damning evidence for me too. If ND's private investigators had it all figured out, why wait until he took the fall to say something? Why settle for damage control instead? ND's story is BS.

Only thing I can think of is they didn't want this to come out before the BCS Title game to limit distraction.

My immediate response to this was "there's no way he ISN'T in on it."

Then, I thought back to when I was 17. A couple buddies and I "pranked" one of our best friends. We made an online profile on a message board we all frequented back then and started flirting hard. It wasn't long at all before our friend was getting serious with "Nixie." About the 3 week point was when we all realized we were in serious trouble. It had honestly been a fun prank, but the whole thing had turned quite real and our friend was definitely beyond the point of laughing it off. In the end, we ended up getting all our parents together and telling them first, because we knew it was the sort of thing that was going to really hurt him if we just dropped it on him.

The whole thing sounds preposterous, especially to those over 30. But I'd venture to guess that most people under 25 had, at one point, a similar thing happen that just never went quite as far.

This is very true. People are being too harsh in this guy. I think we should award the prankster with the Prank of the Year Award.

As for people saying, "how do you date a girl for a year without meeting her", my older brother is still heartbroken about a girl he met online and dated for around 5 years on and off and never met. Weird absolutely, but it does happen more often than you would think.

I once made a fake FB account and got obe of my buddies to send me nudie pix! Classic!

Archived