Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Manti Te'o's supposedly dead girlfriend is a hoax - Deadspin

GameWinner

So the story is:

Assumed closeted homosexual Twitter/Facebook stalker fools nationally recognized star football player into believing he is a girl for 3 years, spends hours on the phone with him, making him the "love of his live".

and the alternate story is:

Closeted homosexual football player has secret relationship for two years, under the guise of a long distance relationship with a female. They "break up" (temporarily or permanently?) by killing off the fake girlfriend, but football player keeps mentioning her because he doesn't want the "love of his life" to think that he forgot about him.

Honestly, they both seem sensational yet plausible to me. For instance, is Manti Te'o going to file a lawsuit and is he really pissed off about it? It seems like there's tons of emotional distress that has been inflicted if this is true... yet he seems pretty cool about it. I would have filed a lawsuit ASAP, because I think he has a pretty strong case. Although, if this was a relationship that Manti kept up; pretty hard to file a lawsuit for emotional distress.

Did either Couric or ESPN ask him about the closeted homosexual angle to this story?

There are four possibilities here:

1. Heterosexual liar

2. Heterosexual idiot

3. Heterosexual idiot and liar

4. Homosexual liar

We should attach a poll.

Personally, I think it would look far better to be #4 than any of the others. There's a built-in reasoning for it.

... I guess the other most plausible explanation is that she wasn't really his "girlfriend" and their relationship got overblown.... by him, for sympathy, publicity, and to improve his Heisman chances. Why doesn't he just come out and say thoat however...

Hahahahahahahahahaha

This might be my favorite turn the story has taken so far.

https://twitpic.com/show/iphone/bxxr0m

DAWG, ON THE KINSEY SCALE I AM LIKE A DUDE I TOTALLY JUST NAILED YOUR MOM/10

REALLY

I PROMISE

It was so overly defensive it does make you wonder. Hell I was half expecting him to pull a George Costanze and scream at Katie "You want to have sex right now? Come on, let's do it! Right now!!!".

It was so overly defensive it does make you wonder. Hell I was half expecting him to pull a George Costanze and scream at Katie "You want to have sex right now? Come on, let's do it! Right now!!!".
Exactly. He answered that like a gay man. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

That hug lasted a bit long, no?

The TMZ guys are right... Manti went in for the one-armed bro hug but Tuiasisopo countered with the double-armed death clinch. Then he wouldn't let go despite Manti's double back-slap signaling "this hug is over."

Awkward.

There are four possibilities here:

1. Heterosexual liar

2. Heterosexual idiot

3. Heterosexual idiot and liar

4. Homosexual liar

We should attach a poll.

Personally, I think it would look far better to be #4 than any of the others. There's a built-in reasoning for it.

My .02 as a ND fan: he was a sheltered kid who did stupid things (who hasn't) for a female.

Though him not visiting her after she passed (10-11 days) or when she was sick (although he tried) still sits weird with me.

My .02 as an outsider and taking out being a ND fan:

He is a heterosexual idiot and liar (fair or not, embarassed or not, he should or just come out and admitted he was hoaxed)

I think in a weird way it would have been better if it came out he was having a same sex relationship.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/25/manti-teo-fake-girlfriend-lennay-kekua-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-tino-tuiasosopo/1863869/

Apparently, its was dudes female cousin on the voice mail recordings.

Manti Te'o was speaking to a women on the phone after all.

The architect of the hoax, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo , used his cousin Tino to play the part of Lennay Kekua during conversations with Te'o.

"Tino is the girl that Manti has been talking to all these months," a cousin of Tuiasosopo told the New York Post.

capture-4_3_r541_c540.jpg?729ef1a5e3c69f5da0197e57e2bd3dd3fdfcd35f

Not really sure what to believe. If that is the case, why didn't they just use her photo instead of randomly jacking someone's photo online?

ESPN: Manti Te'o girlfriend voice at issue

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8880021/ronaiah-tuiasosopo-cousin-was-voice-talking-manti-teo-report

Hollywood couldn't make this up. One day after a report that the voice of Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend belonged to the man who masterminded the hoax, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, another voice has emerged -- that of his female cousin.

Relatives of Tino Tuiasosopo, a woman in her mid-20s who lives in Pago Pago, American Samoa, told the New York Post that Te'o has been speaking to her.

"Tino is the girl that Manti has been talking to all these months," said a Tuiasosopo cousin, according to the Post.

[a few paragraphs down]

A person identified as Tino Tuiasosopo's cousin said: "There is no doubt whatsoever that it's Tino."

After listening to the tape of "Kekua" hysterically accusing Te'o of having another girl in his room, one of the Post's sources said: "That's the way [Tino] cries when she's feeling sorry for herself. Its her, that's the voice."

So, were the phone calls going to American Samoa?

Also, if Te'o wasn't in on this, why hasn't he sued Ronaiah Tuiasosopo & his cousin?

Because can't get blood from a stone

Plus he probably just wants it to all go away, not show up in the headlines again.

Just my guess.....

---------- Post added January-25th-2013 at 12:47 PM ----------

I wonder what Te'o's Awareness rating will be on Madden 14

Will he be the first with a negative score?

Archived