Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear Seahawks Fans. Read this before you post. No exceptions

zoony

They are calling Russell Wilson RW3 here.... lol. They think he's much better than Griff..... comedy.

[/url]

All they're doing in that thread is arguing about how cheesy the RW3 nickname is and how it makes them seem like wannabe's LOL

OMG... they're like a bunch of whiny PMSing women!

No reason to link their boards I'm sure people can find them if they want.

Ultimately who cares what they say as long as its not on ES I'm happy

---------- Post added January-1st-2013 at 10:05 PM ----------

No reason to link their boards I'm sure people can find them if they want.

Ultimately who cares what they say as long as its not on ES I'm happy

Is it just me or are these Seahawks fans the most obnoxious we've had all year? I've seen it here, on Twitter, on Bleacher Report, on just about every sports site comment section. They think they're on the fast track to the super bowl.

They are far and away the most obnoxious... I'm not shocked though because they were the same exact way back in 2007.

Is it just me or are these Seahawks fans the most obnoxious we've had all year? I've seen it here, on Twitter, on Bleacher Report, on just about every sports site comment section. They think they're on the fast track to the super bowl.

Check out the yahoo articles about the game. 99.5% of comments are Seahawk fans trying to convince everyone they are the greatest ever. It's caused Packers and Viking fans to side with the Redskins on the comments section LOL. (Like no Redskin fans have commented because they get attacked by the Hawk fans soon as they do. They are swarming every sports site. It's like they have to demand respect because they feel they don't get it.

Check out the yahoo articles about the game. 99.5% of comments are Seahawk fans trying to convince everyone they are the greatest ever. It's caused Packers and Viking fans to side with the Redskins on the comments section LOL. (Like no Redskin fans have commented because they get attacked by the Hawk fans soon as they do. They are swarming every sports site. It's like they have to demand respect because they feel they don't get it.

LOL...you should check out the 49ers boards!

to be clear, I'm not interested in having this thread devolve into a he said she said between rival boards. So, lets not go there

1. Who cares what they think of our board? Really. They mean nothing to this site.

2. They spent all their capital in 2005 and 2007. Anyone that was around then knows just how much vitriol was being spewed by that fanbase both on this board and in person. We are not going to have a repeat of that. That is the decision we can and will make as moderators. Dallas fans and Eagle fans have tons more capital on this board than Seahawks fans ever will. If that means a few cool ones get swept up, fine. At the end of the day it's an Internet message board. We aren't affecting lives here. I think they'll get over it. At least I hope they will

3. There are at least half a dozen quality Redskins Message Boards that, as far as I know, they are welcome to post prolifically on in an attempt to win hearts and minds. Again though, this just won't be one of them

That's exactly it. I think Jumbo and zoony both talked about that yesterday. It's their birth rite.

Almost like they feel they play the games via their keyboard during the week prior, hahaha.

I lived up there during the late Gibbs II and early Zorn years... let me tell you... they blamed us for ruining Jim Zorn, hahaha. That's all you need to know about what we are dealing with. Now, in their defense, I'd say that Dan didn't help... but Zorn made his own bed. Right after going 6-2.

That's exactly it. I think Jumbo and zoony both talked about that yesterday. It's their birth rite.

Almost like they feel they play the games via their keyboard during the week prior, hahaha.

I lived up there during the late Gibbs II and early Zorn years... let me tell you... they blamed us for ruining Jim Zorn, hahaha. That's all you need to know about what we are dealing with. Now, in their defense, I'd say that Dan didn't help... but Zorn made his own bed. Right after going 6-2.

The dude was over his head and sent our franchise further spiraling into the ground. And we ruined him?!

to be clear, I'm not interested in having this thread devolve into a he said she said between rival boards. So, lets not go there

1. Who cares what they think of our board? Really. ...

2. They spent all their capital in 2005 and 2007. Anyone that was around then knows just how much vitriol was being spewed by that fanbase both on this board and in person. We are not going to have a repeat of that. That is the decision we can and will make as moderators. ...

3. There are at least half a dozen quality Redskins Message Boards that, as far as I know, they are welcome to post prolifically on in an attempt to win hearts and minds. Again though, this just won't be one of them ...

Obviously this was a group decision made by the mods to set the tone this week. As a long standing member of this board, it's extrememly disappointing you guys chose this approach. You've tarnished us as a fan base as a result, and I still don't know why. Because of a few jerk Seahawk fans? Why climb into the dumpster with them?

Not that you care what I think, but it's just a baffling choice this week, fellas.

I've never once even thought about Seahawk fans except for that period after the Super Bowl where they simply would not shut up about the refs. And then they went away again.

Honestly' date=' I have no opinion on the Seahawks aside from the fact that I still think it's weird that they are in the NFC.[/quote']

I'm right there w/ you. We haven't won or loss a game on this mag board. It'll all get played out Sunday afternoon at FedEX. I still can't get Steve Largent out of my head. I remember the game when he picked up the reception record. Seahawks are still an AFC team to me. It's like calling the Bullets the Wizards. It's forever ingrained in my memory.

I saw zoony's response, here's mine.

Obviously this was a group decision made by the mods to set the tone this week. As a long standing member of this board, it's extrememly disappointing you guys chose this approach. You've tarnished us as a fan base as a result, and I still don't know why. Because of a few jerk Seahawk fans? Why climb into the dumpster with them?

Not that you care what I think, but it's just a baffling choice this week, fellas.

We do care what you and other ESers think. :)

But folks shouldn't make assumptions Dan, though I can see this one being made. The truth is, it's still incorrect. More is yet to happen.

Honestly, this is usually the case when people opine on staff matters with even the best of intentions---they really don't know everything that's going on. That's one reason rule 18 had a piece introduced years ago that if you have an opinion on board management, unless such was openly solicited in a thread by staff, you make it in the feedback forum (there's usually a week off for violation).

This is so regardless of what your opinion is--pro or con. I think a sticky thread like this appears to invite opinions on the matter, though, unless folks or told otherwise by staff, so it's all good. I'm just musing this as an opportunity to remind. :)

Anyway, sometimes with everyone being busy with non-ES stuff, it takes time to get 5 guys all in communication and up-to-date on a matter that "springs" into being. :)

Like I said, here your assumptions are not correct and matters under still under discussion. Some dialogs were done in PM by me yesterday with the others after zoony sort of "took the lead" on this stuff.

For instance, I more agree with your view than not ( I see much flaw on "both sides") and that's just where I stand on the matter (and expressed it many of my posts) but support the group as much as I can. We often voluntarily go by group consensus. And TK and I talked this morning and he is trying to find time to weigh in, also.

As I say, I have posted quite a bit on the matter, speaking what I see as truth to all relevant subjects, no matter what people think of me in the process. I'm sure to some it seems like I'm annoyingly "seahawk" friendly and to seahawk fans i'm just "another one of them." I'm good with myself either way.

The one thing no one better ever be so stupid to do with me, however, in person or here, is question anything about me and my commitment to the Redskins, or this site, or regarding ST, or the seriousness of my views regarding genuine wrongs done to genuine people.

Archived