Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear Seahawks Fans. Read this before you post. No exceptions

zoony

Obviously this was a group decision made by the mods to set the tone this week. As a long standing member of this board, it's extrememly disappointing you guys chose this approach. You've tarnished us as a fan base as a result, and I still don't know why. Because of a few jerk Seahawk fans? Why climb into the dumpster with them?

Not that you care what I think, but it's just a baffling choice this week, fellas.

Seahawk fans coming here sealed their fate long ago. One has our respect because he has earrned it through his time here. It's just a fact that Seahawk fans flocked the internet to every dang sports related thing to talk about thesmelves. Take a look if you don't believe me. They are all over the place especially the last few days. If you dare speak against them you'll get attacked by the a group. They do this because they demand respect because they don't feel they get enough. So they come over here and we're suppose to stroke their ego? They didn't come here for discussion. They came here to hear how awesome they are. It's insecure as heck. Just like they couldn't bare to hear how fellow fans completely embarrassed themselves 05 or 07. They can't accept it. Any negative against them is grounds for a war of words. Yeah maybe some of the ones coming over are different but Redskin fans have had enough experiences with Hawk fans to suspicious of their intentions.

Brillant. The NFL just slammed a team for bounties and one of them is gonna suggest their team has a bounty set for opposing player.

People like that are usually scum. I edited a post right in this thread (and think I issued a ban) where an ESer was encouraging retribution to seahwaks fans attending the game. And then the dude sends us a hater e-mail about how we're all "fat fags" among other things. He was a member of this board since 2004 (and had other violations). :)

What would have really pissed me off is if the thread had been allowed to live there. I (often enough) have had to do the same over the years in ATN where some posters will call for injuries to opponents--soemthing we have always been against (but people still do it).

In the playoffs a couple years ago, after they beat us, I decided to show the colors and walk the streets. I put on full uniform stuff and headed out. I did this in Philly too, but, no one did or said anything. So I was surprised when a Seahawk fan shouted to me that I must be quite brave wearing that out in Seattle. I went at him and offered to fight and he backed down and ran off. All I needed to know about Seattle fans came from that. Open mouth, but, when it comes to action, they sissy out.

2. They spent all their capital in 2005 and 2007. Anyone that was around then knows just how much vitriol was being spewed by that fanbase both on this board and in person. We are not going to have a repeat of that. That is the decision we can and will make as moderators. Dallas fans and Eagle fans have tons more capital on this board than Seahawks fans ever will. If that means a few cool ones get swept up, fine. At the end of the day it's an Internet message board. We aren't affecting lives here. I think they'll get over it. At least I hope they will

This I agree with 100%. From past experience I expect the worst from Seahawk fans and am surprised to find otherwise. Some are ok (BlueTalon) but there are a lot that would put Philly fans to shame.

In the playoffs a couple years ago, after they beat us, I decided to show the colors and walk the streets. I put on full uniform stuff and headed out. I did this in Philly too, but, no one did or said anything. So I was surprised when a Seahawk fan shouted to me that I must be quite brave wearing that out in Seattle. I went at him and offered to fight and he backed down and ran off. All I needed to know about Seattle fans came from that. Open mouth, but, when it comes to action, they sissy out.

If this were from any other poster, I might not believe it :)

Full uniform? Helmet and shoulder pads?

I wouldn't fight you either. :)

Estimated 2012 population, Seattle Metropolitan Statistical Area = 3,500,026

Number of Seattle residents involved in your testosterone-laced encounter = 1

You might need a larger sample size before drawing any definitive conclusions.

I have a few rules for signing up and posting on opposing forums:

1) Have an open mind

2) Understand you're going to get hit with some smack. Don't sweat it. Part of the territory.

3) Represent ES well.

Rule that would be laudable for me and other Redskins fans posting on this forum to follow. :)

You guys are classy

Hi pot, meet kettle! I was in your stadium in 2007 for the Playoffs, the same year Sean Taylor was murdered. The disparaging remarks that were made about ST and his family truly showed us how miserable it must be to be a Seahawks fan. I remember two of your fans putting their hands on me when I was trying to get to my seat. Next thing I know they were on the ground. Please take a guess at who put them there ;) You guys like to talk a big game, but never know how to back it up. If you want to talk about our apparent "lack" of class, you guys should look in the mirror! I honestly have more respect for Eagle fans than you all after my experience.

BTW, Have fun watching what a REAL Rookie QB can do when RG3 lights up your so-called stellar Defense! They won't have the advantage of crowd noise being pumped through the speakers like in 07 while they are on the field, but your QB will have a splitting migraine by the time were done with him!

Have a nice day :)

Personally I think some of it has been a little over the top this week, but then my choice is to refrain, not complain. The fact that the extremity of it is a topic for thoughtful conversation kinda balances out most of it anyway.

I'd have to echo KDawg, whatever floats your boat but realize you represent your fanbase to others. There are 'Hawks fans firmly convinced that this is troll cave as much as we think they are, and the vast majority have had someone from the other side help them form those opinions. Those things will last long after the game has been decided.

Personally I think some of it has been a little over the top this week, but then my choice is to refrain, not complain. The fact that the extremity of it is a topic for thoughtful conversation kinda balances out most of it anyway.

I'd have to echo KDawg, whatever floats your boat but realize you represent your fanbase to others. There are 'Hawks fans firmly convinced that this is troll cave as much as we think they are, and the vast majority have had someone from the other side help them form those opinions. Those things will last long after the game has been decided.

They have some pretty goofy slams on us. One being against Jumbo. No one asked for my opinion, but I think we may be a bit too strigent in our anti-Seahawk fan campaign. That said, there have been plenty of Hawk fans that wore out their welcome that prompted that strict no nonsense policy. So I can't totally fault the idea. My issue, however, stems from the fact that Jumbo, a guy their slamming, has also defended them.

But then you read some of the slams our fans have on them, and it's actually embarassing. I cringe sometimes reading some of the stuff we say, especially on their forums. Know where you are and know who you represent. If you're going to be an asshat, don't go anywhere and tell them you represent Extremeskins, because you certainly don't represent me.

There are a lot of cool Hawks fans. I have a thread up with them, and sure, some of them are total homers, some of them are realistic, and some of them don't give a damn what any opposing team fan has to say. Sounds very similar to our fanbase.

This website is a lot better than people give it credit for. Represent us well when you go elsewhere. And their fans, specifically on Seahawks.net are welcoming and fun to engage. I have no issues with them. But, to each their own.

On the mark as usual, but then again you do realize that the people that need to heed you the most are the very ones least likely to listen, right?

Sure. But what kind of man would I be if I just gave up trying? It's not in my DNA :)

Archived