Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Much do you Pay for a Haircut?

truskinsfan18

I'm 27 and have never paid for a haircut in my life. Grand-dad was a barber when I was growing up, after he passed I stopped getting haircuts for over a year then donated it to locks of love & since then I just cut it myself. Keep it buzzed at 1/8".

Cut my own hair. Great set of clippers.Usually shaved at 6 on top, 4 on sides and in back. The hardest part was learning to trim a straight line in the back on the neck. Have to use two mirrors for that and get used to it. Sometimes I'll let the hair grow out a bit and just use scissors up top and I do what barbers do and use fingers and comb to keep a consistent length. Plus I use hair gel when my hair is longer, which can make up for any length mistakes/inconsistencies. Really though practice makes perfect and I've been cutting my own hair for 6 years now, and can cut it very well now and have even had friends pay me to cut their hair. Unless you have a complicated hair cut, i say save yourself money and cut it yourself.

I will never let a man cut my hair. I have never had a good experience from a Barber shop. They just seem like a bunch of older guys that know how to do military cuts and classic 60s style hair trims but nothing modern.I have a salon that takes care of me and also gives a glass of wine with my cut and a shampoo. $25 including tip.

I can't grow facial hair so never have any need for a hot lather either.

Happiness.

From experience is the cut a lot better than a standard one?

I can tell when I get a good haircut. It's like the "craftsmanship" that goes into the fade. I've had barbers who know their craft explain it over the years. My best haircuts have never cost more than $20 (not including tip). So I'd say that no, the cut isn't much better. But my hair is short, longer hair might make more of a difference but I can't speak to that.

I get my hair cut on a quarterly basis - fade with size 1 on the side and back and blend and really short on top. Spend about $14 with tips - $8 if they send me a coupon in the mail. So I am really spending about $60 or less a year on hair cut. :)

That's crazy, my hair grows so fast I have to get it cut every 2 weeks. I can't stand long hair only neck either.

Archived