Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A part of RGIII already in the Hall of Fame

21MadFan

RGIII’s jersey, cleats headed to Hall of Fame

The jersey and cleats worn Monday night by Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III are headed to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Griffin set the NFL’s single-season rushing record for a rookie quarterback during the Redskins’ 17-16 triumph over the New York Giants.

“Everyone wants to be in the Hall of Fame,” Griffin said.

A Hall of Fame representative made the announcement during Griffin’s weekly news conference at Redskins Park.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/12/05/rgiiis-jersey-cleats-headed-to-hall-of-fame/

That's pretty sweet. It's just amazing watching him. Seriously, after the Minnesota game, everyone was talking about how even when he's in 3rd gear he's still faster than everyone on the field.

It's great to see he's already getting solid recognition.

The nice thing is, if he plays to his potential, by the time he's done they're going to have a lot more than just his cleats in there. Heck, they might just need to freeze him in carbonite and display him to save space.

He cannot and I hope it would never come to that.

Yeah and he cannot beat three NFCE teams in a row either, cannot is not in his vocabulary. I also hope it would not come to that, but whatever it takes to win. Can you imagine teams being tired of RGIII beating them on deep passes only to give up long runs by him and a back?

So, did they send Cam's to the HOF last year? If so, was it removed and incinerated?

hahahah! I was wondering the same thing. What do they do with the prior things that were in there. What's amazing is there is still 4 games to play. Really awesome!

Random question, has a rookie qb ever won the super bowl? Not that I'm saying we are necessarily even getting there or the playoffs. But I'm curious

Just read the article on B/R. The kids already making history. Hopefully he'll tack on a lot more maybe even hit that 1,000 yd mark. We'll see but its a background issue. Playoffs are our goal. Watching NFLN, their beat reporter is politicing for Luck as ROTY. He made sure to make note that RGIII is dinking and donking SS opposed to Luck being asked to throw bombs all game. I don't remember anyone criticising Montana or Young when they ran a WCO. Amazing how the hypocrites lay in wait like crocs on the Nile. I love it.

hahahah! I was wondering the same thing. What do they do with the prior things that were in there. What's amazing is there is still 4 games to play. Really awesome!

Random question, has a rookie qb ever won the super bowl? Not that I'm saying we are necessarily even getting there or the playoffs. But I'm curious

Ben Rothelesraper won, googling now to see if anyone else did? Okay I am confused, Warners first year in the NFL but not a pro-rookie, and I thought Ben did it. OH well that's wiki for ya.

Has a rookie quarterback ever gone to the Super Bowl

wiki.answers.com › ... › National Football League (NFL)Kurt Warner is the ONLY quarter back to win a Super Bowl in his rookie (or first) season as a starting quarterback in the NFL. There is some confusion as to Kurt ...

Ben Roethlisberger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_RoethlisbergerHe became the youngest Super Bowl-winning quarterback in NFL history, .... As a rookie, he went 13-0 in the regular season (14–1 including playoffs) as a ...

Early years - College career - Professional career - Records

Warner did not win any Super Bowl his first year as a pro (rookie). He was on the Packers practice squad in '94 (won't count that), but he took over for Trent Green as the Rams starting QB in '99 when Green tore his ACL in preseason. The only rookie QB to ever win an NFL championship his first year is Sammy Baugh.

Archived