Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want Haslet to stay

sabbath1981

He does seem to confuse Eli and give him problems in the last four games against the Giants. His playcalling is horrible sometimes and I understand the lack of talent he has had this season. If the Skins can finish this playoff run, he would have earned another shot, but please get better safeties

Someone needs to teach our dline a spin move or spin or something. The Oline just plants their feet and holds them. The edge rushers get pushed past or rear naked choked every play. Need some new moves. Haz is apparently not teaching them anything new....maybe someone else will.

On a side note, our secondary stepped up BIG TIME in that second half....I'm so proud of them!!!

I don't agre. Haslett hasn't been good here and should be replaced if better options are made available,

... And not with Raheem Morris.

Agreed. Fresh blood is definitely needed on the defensive staff. This "3-4" is a joke and needs to be gotten rid of. With the exception of the safeties, the personnel isn't that bad, but needs the correct scheme to maximize their potential.

Haslett has earned a consideration for the job again. That is all. But I think Romeo Krennel or, heck, maybe even Raheem beat him out. Should be interesting.

Oh, and to the thread starter... It's hard to take your desire too seriously for him to stay when you can't even spell his name right. :pfft:

I can see the arguments on both sides. He's had literally nothing to work with this year, so its hard to say its his fault but thats the way the NFL works most of the time. I think if Tanard & Merriweather were around they'd help quite a bit in not getting gashed so bad each week.

Injuries happen to every team, but them, plus the lack of depth in our secondary and pass rush and it kills this defense.

how do we know it was Haz that made or even came up with the adjustments?? He didn't show a knack for adjusting last year an this year I still believe raheem has more to do with the improvement we have seen from the D then we know about, yet...imo

Yeah I saw Raheem on the sidelines pat someone on the back. He is clearly running things and everyone but Haslett knows. They probably ignore Haslett's defensive calls and communicate with Raheem through morse code blinking.

Come on man, give credit where it is due.

Yeah I saw Raheem on the sidelines pat someone on the back. He is clearly running things and everyone but Haslett k OSS. They probably ignore Haslett's defensive calls and communicate with Raheem through morse code blinking.

Come on man, give credit where it is due.

Could it be possible that the rumored fighting of coaches was more a result of RM and his potential taking over. Et tu Brute?

I will say this: Haslett has called much better games the last few weeks than he has a bit earlier in the year. We're utilizing guys a little bit better.

I don't want him back next year, but if he can keep calling games like this I'm not sure I'd mutiny, either. But that's a big "if".

I agree, Haslett hasn't been the problem.

Historically his defenses have under-performed. Haslett has been the problem. And why did it take until the bye to make a difference and appropriate changes? The team should be 8-4 if the D had done it's part and the time for excuses or second chance have passed.

If it was simply just this game that made you want Haslett to stay than you must've been drinking whatever Kool-Aid Gruden was pounding during the game.

The movement on defense that we saw last night is the exact same thing we've been doing all year. The personnel we have in the secondary don't quite fit the scheme we have in place but we are managing to win games.

Like I said after the game, I don't know why the Giants insisted on running the ball because it just was not going to work against our front seven. Only unexpected run plays (read draws) really gain any yards on our D in the run game. But the big passing plays will always be there as long as we have the overall crap secondary we do.

However, credit to Cedric Griffin for what I thought was a hell of a game.

Receivers are consistently wide, wide open in Haslett's scheming. Have ever seen a team give up more 3rd and 20's than the Redskins? Even in this good game of his, we routinely were giving up big easy plays. In the first half the Giants controlled the clock and the game for 20 plus minutes, right?

Not remotely satisfied.

Is this a joke? Haslet not the problem? Hasn't gotten a fair shake? We have won three divisional games by holding on defensively and the offense performing very well. If you watched the same game I did last night, you saw a defense give up a field goal at the end of the half when there was 40 seconds left on the clock. No pass rush and soft coverage. You can see that D.Hall can't run or cover Victor Cruz one on one when he is running a go route. Haslet has no answer for good offensive minds and good QB's. Eli sat back in the pocket and surveyed the field and had all the time in the world to find a reciever. Haslet has to go because he will continue to make poor coaching decisions that will cost them games. Why do you think this is his 4th or 5th team?

Our D was once again very suspect last night, anyone that thinks otherwise is crazy. Most of our stops in the second half were because of missed balls on the part of the midgets. So nope can't agree with the OP this guy needs to go once our season is done.

And not only no but **** no to brining in that cancer known as rex ryan. Just look at how disfunctional the jets are. Do you really want to add something like that to our team just when we are starting to see some progression? I vote no and would rather see Fletcher take over DC after the season.

I don't know what games some of you have been watching. But Haz is GARB-AGE!! He doesn't have a feel for the game, nor does he place his players in a position to be successful. He's one of the worst coordinators in the league. And it would be highway robbery if he lands a job in the NFL next year.

Archived