Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you go shopping on Thanksgiving, you are a ****ing *******

zoony

I'm just on the bandwagon that it sucks that people suck this much that stores can make money this way. You have nothing better to do than stand in line at Wal-Mart at 5 PM on Thanksgiving for an iPad or TV or toy or whatever? Really? At least a decade ago Black Friday took some sacrifice of waking up from a turkey coma at 2 AM to go stand in line outside in the elements. Now, you just stumble over to Target after gorging yourself, wait in the nice, clean, warm store for a few hours, and screw everybody else.

I have to really agree with you 100%. I really hate the holidays anymore. Retailers and businesses have taken all of the fun out of it. From seeing X-mas decorations for sale in September, thousands of commercials showing that the only thing that matters during the holidays is you get that "must have gadge", to driving to my parents house and not only seeing stores open on Thanksgiving and X-mas, but seeing actual jerkoffs with nothing better to do, shopping there.

I loathe the holidays anymore. I only decorate because my wife wants me to. I really don't want to do any x-mas shopping this year, not becasue I'm cheap, but because all anyone cares about is "what they get." I've already told my family, I don't want anything. I have everything I need and if I need something, I'll go get it.

I guess the worst part is, we're already disconnected from one another because of these "electronic" gadgets. We don't talk face to face anymore. We don't value family anymore. You'd think that for just 2 days a year, which is not asking very much from people, that they take these days to spend with family and not worry about anything else. Do you really need to go shopping? Is your family that bad? I've read some posts in here that are so sad, like getting rid of the kids or sending the spouse out or going to the movies. Sad, just sad. Why did you bother marrying them or having kids? The family unit is a sad thing in our society today.

---------- Post added November-19th-2012 at 09:44 AM ----------

wow...some of you are actually pretty stuck up...thanksgiving and christmas will only be boring if you LET it be boring. my god...just sit with your family, friends, loved ones. talk. make conversation. have a good time. dont talk about having "cabin fever" on christmas at noon. thats impossible. i dont understand how it could be boring after opening up presents all morning. you could read that new book that you got. listen to that new CD that you got. Watch the new DVD your parents, brother, sister, whoever, bought for you. play with a new fancy gizmo a family member or friend bought for you. MAKE IT FUN and stop feeling sorry for yourselves for being "bored" on 2 amazing holidays.go for a walk if you have to be entertained some way, but just MAKE IT FUN.

Agree. People suck nowadays. Everyone is just so damn selfish nowadays. Selfish.

I think this post is missing some valid issues. The first being that a lot of small business need every single cent they can make this holiday season and are happy to be open for the extra hours. A lot of employees are grateful for the chance to earn some extra holiday pay. I feel sorry for anyone who has to work on a holiday but there are tons of people who do not mind and actually are glad for the extra income.

I orignially didn't mean to make a long discussion on if a Wal-mart employee had options or not but since it headed that way......

They have an option. If they don't like it, they can quit. I understand that option may suck due to the economy but lets not act like it is slave labor. Just because you don't like your options doesn't mean you don't have them.

Looks like some Walmart employees will be exercising some of their options:

Walmart hit by walk-outs in build-up to 'Black Friday' disruptions

Workers plan week of action ahead of major shopping day in response to perceived greed from the retail giant

Strikes and protests aimed at disrupting the retail giant Walmart during next week's Black Friday sales events began on Thursday with walk-outs at a number of stores and the promise of more actions in the lead-up to what is traditionally the busiest shopping day of the year.

The news comes amid controversy about plans by Walmart and other large chains to open on Thanksgiving evening, kicking off Black Friday a day early. It also comes as another strike has hit part of Walmart's warehouse supply chain in southern California.

At least 30 workers from six different Seattle-area Walmarts have gone on strike, organisers and Walmart staff from the OUR Walmart group said. The group, which is not a union but has close ties with the labour movement, is seeking to protest what it says is low pay, too few hours and retaliation by managers against workers who speak out.

Walmart-in-Rhode-Island-010.jpg

What a Walmart may look like

Click on the link for the full article

I didn't even know stores were open on Thanksgiving Day...

Agreed on your overall point though. I don't understand people who would rather save a few bucks than spend time with their family. Family time is so infrequent, it's definitely the most cherished time in my life...

What is funny is that they aren't usually saving any money. You buy cheap, you probably lose every penny you just spent. If you buy expensive, you only spent more than you had to. When the kids were little, I liked going out to get away from their noise makers! Now, I prefer to say home and either play games, watch TV and/or just get drunker.

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 06:10 PM ----------

Keep the women at home where they belong.

Truth is, the biggest Black Friday shopper I know is a guy (and he ain't gay).

Football on thanksgiving sucks

Not if the Redskins win tomorrow. :D

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 06:21 PM ----------

Keep the women at home where they belong.

Comeon dude.

After doing the laundry, milking cows, gathering eggs,cooking, and cleaning, women should be allowed to buy their man a flatscreen, a PS3 and themselves some lingerie to wear when they are making us a sandwich. :rolleyes: :doh:

I would like to add an amendment to this statement if I may:

If, while shopping at one of these places on Thanksgiving, you have the audacity to say directly to somebody working there either of the following: "I can't believe you guys are open today" or "I can't believe you have to work today," then you are a ****ing *******. And you deserve to be punched in the face until you pass out.

If, while shopping at one of these places on Thanksgiving, you have the audacity to say directly to somebody working there either of the following: "I can't believe you guys are open today" or "I can't believe you have to work today," then you are a ****ing *******. And you deserve to be punched in the face until you pass out.

Nice! :applause:

I have a question for the OP. If you already know you're a ****ing *******, but you don't go shopping on Thanksgiving because you think it's stupid, do you have to start doing it now?

P.S. somehow, the magic of spell correction changed a typo in "already" to "daydreamer." Just seeing it now after Ghost of S. quoted me

I have a question for the OP. If you daydreamer know you're a ****ing *******, but you don't go shopping on Thanksgiving because you think it's stupid, do you have to start doing it now?

No, don't be silly. It's like one of those logical rules you learn in math classes: Just because everyone named John is a boy doesn't mean all boys are named John. Same thing here: Everyone who shops today is a ****ing *******, but not all ****ing *******s shop on Thanksgiving. Just because A=B doesn't mean B=C.

I had to message Zoony and apply for a waiver here.

We were hosting my side of the family (12 people) for Thanksgiving and woke up to a toilet that wouldn't flush. Plunging and snaking were to no avail. Started to fear main drain line was clogged.....but the clean out fitting is 60 year old galvanized pipe, no way was I getting that off of there (not that I DIDN'T spend a solid half hour in the crawl space trying). Actually took the toilet off and poured a 5 gallon water down the drain and it drained immediately. So we snaked inside the toilet while it was off, something must be stuck inside the actual toilet that we can't get to or see....but whatever we did, it cleared up enough....but not until AFTER an emergency trip to wal mart for toilet hardware. :doh:

How about going out to eat on Thanksgiving. My mother-in-law is ill right now so we all decided to go out and eat. Our waiter got a $20 dollar tip which isn't a bad deal serving 6 people. Were we ***ing *******s?

Can't answer that without one critical piece of information: how much was the bill?

Excellent. A nice, "Thanks for working today so you can enable my consumerism." would suffice.

Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Just look in the mirror and realize that you are a terrible person, responsible for thousands upon thousands of people missing out on the Thanksgiving Holiday to be with their family.

Instead, they get to go to work so you can get in line before anyone else to buy your cheap crap made in China to give to the few people you know who actually can stand being around you.

I don't even blame Wal mart or Target for opening on Thanksiving. Just you.

We complain that there isn't enough work out there, then we complain that people have to work! If you work at Macy's and don't like having to work on Thanksgiving (which would probably only occur if you're a manager or low on the totem pole), then find another profession or stop complaining.

How about going out to eat on Thanksgiving. My mother-in-law is ill right now so we all decided to go out and eat. Our waiter got a $20 dollar tip which isn't a bad deal serving 6 people. Were we ***ing *******s?
Can't answer that without one critical piece of information: how much was the bill?

Yeah, I hope the bill was under $100 if you consider $20 a good "Thanksgiving" tip...

Archived