Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES's Offical 11/6/2012 Election Results Thread (DISCUSS THE RESULTS HERE)

88Comrade2000

Romney wins today if he had made a strong push. Obama was vulnerable there. I was raging about it on this forum for over a year because Obama left Hispanics out in the cold on his immigration promises. Had Romney taken Bush's immigration position I think he wis tonight.

YES. Romney completely ignored hispanics. Some conservatives may not like it, but the republican party is going to go left on the issue of immigration.

Romney wins today if he had made a strong push. Obama was vulnerable there. I was raging about it on this forum for over a year because Obama left Hispanics out in the cold on his immigration promises. Had Romney taken Bush's immigration position I think he wis tonight.

This is especially true if we liberate Puerto Rico

I kind of agree

if Obama can push through some significant immigration reform, the Dems may have the Latino vote for at least a generation.

I am hoping like hell the gay marriage passes in WA. It so, it will be a historic evening for that movement if you consider the hoops that have been jumped through to get here and then to see it actually pass at the ballot box, which many said would never happen.

For sure. It's amazing to witness how far this Country has come from where it was. I haven't seen the early polls yet on that in WA though.

dont forget an openly lesbian woman being elected to the US Senate.

Good. I feel like Hillary will have a shot next election whether she runs as a vice or as the President. I love that we are moving forward as a nation.

I thought that was one of the most gracious and positive concession speeches I have heard. Classy.

His speech was on point. He said all he needed to say and was indeed gracious and positive. You could still feel that he was upset...but he sucked it up because the bigger picture is more important.

YES. Romney completely ignored hispanics. Some conservatives may not like it, but the republican party is going to go left on the issue of immigration.

Yup. Which is why you will see Rubio and Martinez everywhere for the next 4 years.

My Romney source really feels strongly about Martinez of New Mexico. Feels she will be on the 2016 ticket

I would love to see a GOP that embraces immigration reform as a part of free trade, free markets, and sound economic policy. But that platform was readily available to them in this election, and they ran far away from it. Obama failed to even propose an immigration reform bill, Obama didn't pass the DREAM Act, and deported more immigrants than ever before, but the only message the Republicans had for Hispanics was to go even more hardline on immigration.

Obama is in the driver's seat now and has an opportunity to actually deliver on immigration reform in his second term. If that happens, I think it will be difficult for Republicans to really make inroads in the Hispanic community. I see Republicans in serious danger of making the same mistake they made on civil rights, and giving Hispanics to the Democrats for the next generation in the same way they gave blacks to the Democrats in the last generation.

Yes, I wished they ran on something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Capitalism-People-Recapturing-American-Prosperity/dp/0465029477/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344214525&sr=8-1&keywords=a+capitalism+for+the+people

Hard or not, they can't ignore hispanics. They got away with it with African-Americans, but they will not with hispanics. Say what you will about Bush, but he actually understood where this country is heading towards.

Yes, I wished they ran on something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Capitalism-People-Recapturing-American-Prosperity/dp/0465029477/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344214525&sr=8-1&keywords=a+capitalism+for+the+people

Hard or not, they can't ignore hispanics. They got away with it with African-Americans, but they will not with hispanics. Say what you will about Bush, but he actually understood where this country is heading towards.

Thanks for the reccomendation. Just purchased

---------- Post added November-7th-2012 at 01:42 AM ----------

"The conservative movement should have particular appeal to people in minority and immigrant communities …"-Marco Rubio statement

Thanks for the reccomendation. Just purchased

---------- Post added November-7th-2012 at 01:42 AM ----------

"The conservative movement should have particular appeal to people in minority and immigrant communities …"-Marco Rubio statement

Is there any buzz about George P. Bush, SHF?

I think you all are dreaming if you think the Republican party if they had a hispanic on the ticket; it would change things.

I don't see a Republican party nominating a Hispanic because their base will not vote for one. If a hispanic is put on the ticket as a Veep; it will be seen for the pandering that it would be.

The Republican party- assuming it exists in 2016 as is; has to lose the 2016 election with their so call right wing candidate. After that devasting lost; will the Republican party finally change. I personal don't think it will survive as it is that long.

Running minority candidates is one thing, removing the racists entrenched in the GOP grassroots structure is another.

I don't see many in the current GOP grassroots base jumping on the minority bandwagon.

We will see though. It will be very interesting.

Archived