Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES's Offical 11/6/2012 Election Results Thread (DISCUSS THE RESULTS HERE)

88Comrade2000

Thank God the Romney "era" is over.

At least he is gone unlike other Massachusetts losers who stuck around for years and years and years.

I have a real soft side. I reacted to his smary, bs, say anything, and rich guy side until tonight, and now I feel compassion for him as a loyal American, a nice guy and good family man.

I don't even know who Nate Silver is.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

He is a former baseball SABRE guy who started weighing polling and has pretty much figured out how to predict every election all the time, it seems. He's been saying for a month that the race was not close. He seems to have predicted every single state. And Right-Wingers crucified him.

I thought that was one of the most gracious and positive concession speeches I have heard. Classy.
He didn't take any shots at Obama, and he encouraged Republicans to compromise. It would be nice if our politicians could say things like that more often.

I'm not sure if you'll ever see a more accurate analysis of how the election is going to play out. He has been calling this for weeks and he might go 50/50.

Gotcha. I really am not a politico at this stage of my life (different in the late 60's and 70's) for fun or hobby, so other than how it relates to my profession and as an informed citizen, I really do try to avoid any unnecessary dipping into it. The tailgate is about all of that I can take.

I have a real soft side. I reacted to his smary, bs, say anything, and rich guy side until tonight, and now I feel compassion for him as a loyal American, a nice guy and good family man.

I just don't accept incompetence real well. Never liked the guy, didn't vote for him, and his campaign was a complete failure. I.E one speech doesn't replace the last 6 months of silliness, of having Wahlid Pares as a foreign policy advisor and potentially John Bolton as SoS.

The quicker I can forget about him and get a browner GOP, the better off I'll feel.

Even better is that asshats like Bachman and Allen West could lose tonight. I may actually jump back into the tent.

I just don't accept incompetence real well. Never liked the guy, didn't vote for him, and his campaign was a complete failure. I.E one speech doesn't replace the last 6 months of silliness, of having Wahlid Pares as a foreign policy advisor and potentially John Bolton as SoS.

The quicker I can forget about him and get a browner GOP, the better off I'll feel.

Even better is that asshats like Bachman and Allen West could lose tonight. I may actually jump back into the tent.

Oh, I can't disagree with anything there---I am just suspending my detached objective analytical side and mainly being emotional in that previous statement. Contrary to some folks belief, I do have human feelings beyond my eclectic sense of humor. :D

pretty much. Math wins again.

dude NAILED it. i've been right for six months merely parroting what he said.

i mean it was easy to see how much sense he was making (that's one of his gifts). but he could take all the numbers and despite being personally liberal, dispassionately accurately tease out what they indicated.

He is a former baseball SABRE guy who started weighing polling and has pretty much figured out how to predict every election all the time' date=' it seems. He's been saying for a month that the race was not close. He seems to have predicted every single state. And Right-Wingers crucified him.[/quote']

I am actually adding him as someone I should probably know something about. :)

Hmmm, not sure there's enough votes in yet to know for sure.

With 243 of 1,643 precincts reporting late Tuesday, 75,188 voters, or 53 percent, said they did not want to continue under the current political status. Forty-seven percent, or 67,304 voters, supported the status quo.

On the second question, 65 percent favored statehood, followed by 31 percent for sovereign free association and 4 percent for independence.

But if things end up this way, that's pretty cool.

He didn't take any shots at Obama, and he encouraged Republicans to compromise. It would be nice if our politicians could say things like that more often.

I had a momentary fantasy before he stepped up of a candidate like him at a time like this, actually REALLY leading his party in effecting compromise and working with Obama in historic fashion, just as former presidents seem able to do on charitable efforts. It is a huge fantasy, but one I think would pay huge dividends in so many ways, even some self-serving ones for the politicians involved, and I was happy that his speech didn't shatter it.

dude NAILED it. i've been right for six months merely parroting what he said.

i mean it was easy to see how much sense he was making (that's one of his gifts). but he could take all the numbers and despite being personally liberal, dispassionately accurately tease out what they indicated.

and to show the lack of bias in his reporting, he predicted the Democrats shellacking in 2010.

He is about to make A LOT of money now, and he has ended a lot of political "analysts" careers tonight.

Yes, but at some point they have to change, or it's death. I expect republicans to make a hard play for hispanics now.

Romney wins today if he had made a strong push. Obama was vulnerable there. I was raging about it on this forum for over a year because Obama left Hispanics out in the cold on his immigration promises. Had Romney taken Bush's immigration position I think he wis tonight.

This is especially true if we liberate Puerto Rico.

---------- Post added November-7th-2012 at 01:30 AM ----------

and to show the lack of bias in his reporting, he predicted the Democrats shellacking in 2010.

He is about to make A LOT of money now, and he has ended a lot of political "analysts" careers tonight.

Like Rove's who as claimed to have the math for years now...

Yes, but at some point they have to change, or it's death. I expect republicans to make a hard play for hispanics now.
I would love to see a GOP that embraces immigration reform as a part of free trade, free markets, and sound economic policy. But that platform was readily available to them in this election, and they ran far away from it. Obama failed to even propose an immigration reform bill, Obama didn't pass the DREAM Act, and deported more immigrants than ever before, but the only message the Republicans had for Hispanics was to go even more hardline on immigration.

Obama is in the driver's seat now and has an opportunity to actually deliver on immigration reform in his second term. If that happens, I think it will be difficult for Republicans to really make inroads in the Hispanic community. I see Republicans in serious danger of making the same mistake they made on civil rights, and giving Hispanics to the Democrats for the next generation in the same way they gave blacks to the Democrats in the last generation.

Romney wins today if he had made a strong push. Obama was vulnerable there. I was raging about it on this forum for over a year because Obama left Hispanics out in the cold on his immigration promises. Had Romney taken Bush's immigration position I think he wis tonight.

This is especially true if we liberate Puerto Rico.

I agree

If Obama gets some comprehensive immigration reform through in these next 4 years, the Republicans will probably lose the Latino vote for at least a generation.

Archived