Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Report: Mike Shanahan's comments bother Redskins

Hunter_R

You have been strangely lucid in recent posts I've seen' date=' but that post is almost 180 degrees opposite than reality. RGIII is succeeding because he is awesome. He is not a product of a scheme. He is a product of being awesome at football.[/quote']

I never said he was the product of a scheme. What I said was that the scheme allows him to use his full talents. Would RG3 be as awesome if he was forced to be just a straight pro-style passer? Some might call the option plays gimmicky, but I think it helps make him great because it takes advantage of his athleticism and what he already knows how to do.

The line has also held up remarkably well this year. It's exceptionally low on my list of priorities.

Good coaching has made a mediocre line decent, but when a 4 man DL pretty much manhandles it, as the Panthers did, you can tell that there is a lot of work to be done. BTW, have you noticed there hasn't been a lot of attempts deep? That's probably because of the OL.

I agree it's a lot of money..maybe try to restructure his contract. I would actually keep Hall. I think he's the best we got back there. But Wilson definitely has to go.

haha What? Hall is a the biggest piece of **** out there. Wilson is a strong number 2 CB, always has been, but when by default he gets placed on 1 WRs with terrible Safety play, its not gonna look good on him.

He didn't just magically have a nice career, and than this year all the sudden sucks, not a coincidence at all.

Hall was just never good

haha What? Hall is a the biggest piece of **** out there. Wilson is a strong number 2 CB, always has been, but when by default he gets placed on 1 WRs with terrible Safety play, its not gonna look good on him.

He didn't just magically have a nice career, and than this year all the sudden sucks, not a coincidence at all.

Hall was just never good

Both are good supporting players, but you wouldn't mistake either to be the top CBs in the league. To be honest, Carlos Rogers was probably better than either of them, and you probably could do better than Rogers.

The most staggering stats,after the projected record that we may set for yards allowed, are that 8 teams have fewer sacks than we do and 7 teams have more against than we do. When did we manage to get 14 sacks? Maybe they're counting preseason.....

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 04:54 PM ----------

Hall was just never good

Josh Wilson has not had a great career. In 5 1/2 years, he has 59 pass defenses and 12 picks.

Hall, in 9 1/2 years has 106 pass defenses and 37 picks.

Wilson is a PI every time the ball is thrown his way.

The reality is the team is in no better shape then they were with Zorn. Losing 9 of last 10 at Fed-ex is just lack of heart and pride.

Plus, how long is people gonna blame Zorn and Vinnie? Shanahan has gas had almost 3 years to show something and has not shown a thing. Again, he's 14-27 since he's been here. In year three, you cannot blame the the coach and GM before you.

Honestly, I think the guy is going to resign at the end of the year his heart is going.... and then the cycle begins again with some other has been clown.

I'm on the Grimm bandwagon.

Holy snap; I never thought of that. If the team is looking for a head coach that'll be the reason why. Snyder firing Mike is a possibility but I don't see it happening. I could be wrong, though?

Holy snap; I never thought of that. If the team is looking for a head coach that'll be the reason why. Snyder firing Mike is a possibility but I don't see it happening. I could be wrong, though?

Mike is not gonna get fired or resign at the end of the year. Changes will be made and heads will roll but not all of it will be in the coaching staff. Players will be cut or not resigned and trades may just take place to get more draft picks.

I hate the fact we lost to the Pathers as much as anyone but Mike is right!! It is time to give some guys a good look to see how well the youth of this team will preform. It doesn't mean they have given up just time to see who is willing to put up and play or shut up and get out of the way.

I'll go out on a limb here and now and say we will have at lease 3 new starters in the secondary next year.

I'll go out on a limb here and now and say we will have at lease 3 new starters in the secondary next year.

:ols:

Way to take a chance there, Wes.

Let me build on that bold prediction and say I believe the 2013 season will start next September.

:silly:

~Bang

Plus, how long is people gonna blame Zorn and Vinnie? Shanahan has gas had almost 3 years to show something and has not shown a thing. Again, he's 14-27 since he's been here. In year three, you cannot blame the the coach and GM before you.

This is just my opinion, but I feel like the team Shanny inherited is very similar to the 2002 Houston Texans right when they first came into existence. The team had to be built largely from scratch. The record first 3 years for the Texans was 16-32. And then they fell off a cliff the next year going 2-14.

Not saying Shanahan shouldn't shoulder some of the blame, but building a team from scratch is really really tough to pull off in 3 years, and that's basically what Shanahan had to do.

As for the staff next year, Haslett is gone, Smith is on thin ice, and some of the assistants might also be fired. Morris I think will either be DC, or leave, unless no one offers him a DC job.

Players wise, it's dependent on quite a few factors, like where we focus, if we get the cap back, etc., but I'd imagine that Royster, Banks, Cooley, Black, Golston, Worthy, Griffin, Doughty, and Williams all get shown the door due to lack of skill. Moss, and Brown get shown the door due to cap, and Fletcher and Hall might join them.

:ols:

Way to take a chance there, Wes.

Let me build on that bold prediction and say I believe the 2013 season will start next September.

:silly:

~Bang

Do you think there Bang that next season will start in 2013? Some of you think it is starting now!!!!

it sucks. mike shouldn't have said that, but everyone is thinking it. the only way we are making it to the playoffs is if we win 7 in a row, which isn't going to happen. it was a must win game, and nothing changed.

Actually we need to win 7 and Giants need to lose a bunch. It's sad when halfway through and need lots of help from other teams to have a playoff shot.

Plus, who would want to put this defense on a plane and take them to Green Bay or Atlanta or San Fran?

Actually we need to win 7 and Giants need to lose a bunch. It's sad when halfway through and need lots of help from other teams to have a playoff shot.

Plus, who would want to put this defense on a plane and take them to Green Bay or Atlanta or San Fran?

10 and 6 might get a wild card

Hall was just never good

I totally disagree. Not sure if your joking. I'm not saying Hall is top notch, but he's the best we got and that's not saying much. Never good? Hall was having a good career, making the pro bowl numerous times and strangely hasn't done anything under Haslett's bs schemes. He's not getting any help. Just like last year. Not sure what u see in Wilson. lol. You better rewind the film and look again.

I totally disagree. Not sure if your joking. I'm not saying Hall is top notch, but he's the best we got and that's not saying much. Never good? Hall was having a good career, making the pro bowl numerous times and strangely hasn't done anything under Haslett's bs schemes. He's not getting any help. Just like last year. Not sure what u see in Wilson. lol. You better rewind the film and look again.

Yea, we're all frustrated ast Hall's play, but there's nothing out there that comes close to him, at least right now.

Wilson would much better by working on his technique more, especially making an effort to look for the ball, and not waiting so long to give pursuit.

I'd say that 1 or 2 good safeties with a different scheme would help them out alot. This cushion defense isn't getting them anything because opponents check game film and see exactly where to cut at, and their adjustments are much greater than our so-called DC's adjustments, if thats what you call it..

That's the problem with this team, they're not mentally tough. Shanahan spoke the truth, and some take offense, too sensitive to deal with big boy words. Grow up, Redskins! You play uninspired, garbage football. If you don't like what the coach says, then win some games, make some plays! I don't know if Shanahan was right or wrong, but he spoke the truth. Reference Chicago's recent game against the Panthers; they're down in the 4th quarter and players step-up. They're mentally tough and able to play through adversity. When the going gets tough in Washington, Josh Morgan and DeAngelo Hall act like idiots, moronic penalties are imposed, and pass-catchers drop balls. Be professional, act professional, players! I agree with the coach, and I don't always. He needs to bench some guys, starting with those 'disappointed.' They should be embarrassed with the clown show they've put on the last couple of weeks.

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 08:45 PM ----------

And BTW, I realize I'm in the minority, but I believe the play calls are right, for the most part. It's the execution that's crap. Haslett has called the right plays more often than not, but the secondary couldn't cover Stephen Hawking with a bag of sand in his lap. I don't think that going for it on 4th down, three times in the same drive, was the right move for a team as mentally weak as this one. Take the points, draw the score closer, and let these children called professional football players gain some confidence.

This is really childish and immature!

The Skins players ought to be more concerned about their on and off the field performances, which hasn't been stellar. The coach does have a right to call the team out play better and perform. One would prefer this be done behind close doors ... But, hey it's their pathetic play that forced the hand. Get over it!

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 08:45 PM ----------

[/color]And BTW, I realize I'm in the minority, but I believe the play calls are right, for the most part. It's the execution that's crap. Haslett has called the right plays more often than not, but the secondary couldn't cover Stephen Hawking with a bag of sand in his lap. I don't think that going for it on 4th down, three times in the same drive, was the right move for a team as mentally weak as this one. Take the points, draw the score closer, and let these children called professional football players gain some confidence.

successfully making fourth downs is a big confidence booster. I happen to think that the Skins players play fairly well. I'm not always impressed with the play calling. Putting RG3 in the pistol doesn't necessarily mean two other guys need to line up in the backfield with him. And the options are nice sometimes, but other times they take to long to build. Let's see Griffin, instead of running slower than he's capable off and teasing a pitch, let's see him fake a hand off or pitch, tuck the ball and hit the afterburners

Archived