Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Report: Mike Shanahan's comments bother Redskins

Hunter_R

The comment was stupid. simple as that.

He's getting ripped by everyone. It started an unnecessary ****storm for a team that is desperately trying to get away from Zorn, Bingo, and Haynesworth.

The team didn't need that going into a bye.

It's his fault...don't blame the players for him being stupid

The team needed a win going into the bye. Mike said if we didn't win it would be negative all week during the bye. Looks like that, maybe, he wanted it to be. I'd think he has a better idea of what this team "needs" than anything you can conjure up. You've been on a negative rampage the last two weeks, you're not tired yet? You've got like 100 posts of doom and gloom. Calm down, man.

For some reason over the last 10 years this team has played to the level of it's opponet!! It dosen't matter who the coach has been or the players. We almost beat the Falcon's, Giant's And lose to the Panther's and Ram's Bengal's teams we should have beaten!! It been that way for a long time. So who's falt is it?

This team has lost two of the front seven on D that everyone was saying is gonna be very good. That hurts. Then you have a secondary that is filled with bandaid players because thats all that was avaliable.

Now the O is headed in the right direction at QB and RB. But RGIII has lost his two top targets. I think Hankerson could be a realy good player but they just dont go to him on third down or in the redzone like they should.

So if this team want to bit## and moan about a coach calling then out then make a play!! on either side of the ball. Stop the other team on third a two. The Tv broadcast crew along with everyone in the country knew Can was gonna run with the Dam ball. Just make a play. Cover a WR and quit gripping at the Refs. Its getting old.

There ya go, Hunter. When read in context it isn't nearly what it's being made out to be no matter how much any of the weak-minded among the media and our fans want it to be. I'm sure you all will say Mike is lying or back-tracking but, whatever. That's nice. One will believe as they wish. The fact is, he didn't say he was giving up, ever. He immediately followed his original comment with "we're not out of statistically" which lends credence to his statement about it today.

But, yeah... I really don't think the media nor the fans are going to stop about this. It's good for the fans who like to cry to cry about and it's great for the media to feed those fans.

Perhaps Shanahan said what he said out of frustration. His Redskins lost a home game by 8 points to a bad 1-5 team. There was no QB protection, too many hits on RG3, continued blown coverages on defense, and absolutely no pass rush. I'd be pretty steamed too if my team played like this at home against a losing team like the Panthers.

Question for ya Bang; not that i'm disagreeing with you, just curious about the talent/information aspect of it.

Would any of the blame properly fall on scouting? One thing i'm not familiar with is the scouting; I know they're involved with college players, but what about FAs?

I agree this is the absolute LAST thing the team needs during a bye week; it sets them up for a humongous blow-out coming back; but this could also be a psychological mind**** inverted into a reverse motivational expectancy of the players. Whatever that means..lol.

Maybe this is what the team as a whole needs to re-evaluate themselves and their performances, air out the dirty laundry and come back swinging. I'm kinda hoping this is the intention, but it ultimately depends on the individual players to look themselves in the mirror and tell themselves ' I can and will do better'...

When things are this bad, everyone is suspect, and everyone should be under scrutiny.

Our scouting dept. was lacking considerably when Mike took over, and I'm not sure what they've done to bolster it. (Scouting hires and fires aren't usually discussed, so i dont' know)

Considering we've had some successes and some failures at th free agency table, I'd say it maybe hasn't changed too much.

I really think that the 11th hour salary cap hit certainly affected our ability to bring in some quality depth, and a few key injuries (Carriker, Orakpo specifically) have really exposed that.

In some ways, circumstances make it so we are stuck with guys like Doughty and Madoo-doo.

but by saying that, what it says is that we were 2 or 3 injuries away from being the worst defense in history. So yeah, scouts have to be feeling that.

~Bang

What happens once the players are starting to doubt the coach? Is it possible to come back from that?

Shannahan cuts them!

Begone!

Follow obediently to the end or hit the road!!! Most of these players are the reason the man is so sick to his stomach.

They all suck!! We have a few bright spots from the people he was able to draft early on, and the veterans that were here before he got here are just a let down to this team.

The team needed a win going into the bye. Mike said if we didn't win it would be negative all week during the bye. Looks like that, maybe, he wanted it to be. I'd think he has a better idea of what this team "needs" than anything you can conjure up. You've been on a negative rampage the last two weeks, you're not tired yet? You've got like 100 posts of doom and gloom. Calm down, man.

You've been on a 2 year spree of "happy fun time potential" drivel...

You have blind optimism in the current regime...I don't

No need to get personal my dude

i just watched the presser on NFL AM, i didn't get the feeling he gave up. I just think it was worded wrong and he probably should have left "years to come" in his brain.

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 07:41 PM ----------

Ouch! Steven A. really went in on Mike Shanahan!

mike knows what he is doing. Steve A. Smith is a retard. he's little more then a fan.

You've been on a 2 year spree of "happy fun time potential" drivel...

You have blind optimism in the current regime...I don't

No need to get personal my dude

lol, as usual, gross exaggerations when it comes to my optimism. My positivism is who I am... but I've called out numerous players and coaches many times, including during training camp/preseason and the season.

No need to lie my dude. :)

i just watched the presser on NFL AM, i didn't get the feeling he gave up. I just think it was worded wrong and he probably should have left "years to come" in his brain.

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 07:41 PM ----------

mike knows what he is doing. Steve A. Smith is a retard. he's little more then a fan.

When is he going to show it?

I'm on the Grimm bandwagon.

Grimm has been considering for 50 head coaching jobs, never gotten one, is 53, is not a coordinator, and is currently in the middle of a 5-game-losing streak.

What makes you think he is the guy to turn this boat around - aside from the fact that he once drank beer with Riggo?

I honestly have no idea who could possibly coach this team. With RGIII, I think you want to go with the "Hot Coordinator." But I think Danny would eat that coach alive. Joe Philbin was the hot coordinator last year. Does he strike you as the kind of dude that can stand up to Danny and impose his will here?

If Shanahan goes, we probably end up with Andy Reid......

Why the flippin' **** not?????

is he THAT blind?????

No, because in season coordinator changes almost never work. I'd rather us just stick with Haslett for the rest of the season (yuck), then go get ourselves a new coordinator.

On the other hand, was anyone else reminded of why they hated Antonio Pierce in that clip?

I think what Mike said was some BS.. but we can't ignore the players part in this thing. They are playing like GARBAGE. Its one thing to get beat, its another thing to play with no passion or fire.. Can't catch, can't tackle, constantly getting penalized. Blame the coaches all you want, but as a player you have to make the damn play!! If you want your coach to have faith in you, then go out and give it your all for the team.. From what i'm seeing, there are only a handful of players playing that they give a ****!! I don't blame Shanny for feeling that way, he just didn't have to verbalize it in public. The players have ALOT for this mess, make no mistake about it.

lol, as usual, gross exaggerations when it comes to my optimism. My positivism is who I am... but I've called out numerous players and coaches many times, including during training camp/preseason and the season.

No need to lie my dude. :)

I'm not getting into any passive aggressive bs with you man.

I've been on this board for about 3 years and I've always noticed you trying to talk down someone or just come off as arrogant. Maybe that's your personality or maybe it's your online personality. We are always going to disagree. It's cool. Let me and the rest of the board doom and gloom...what's it to you? Take a look around...you and a handful of posters are the only ones with a smile on lol.

I'm not getting into any passive aggressive bs with you man.

I've been on this board for about 3 years and I've always noticed you trying to talk down someone or just come off as arrogant. Maybe that's your personality or maybe it's your online personality. We are always going to disagree. It's cool. Let me and the rest of the board doom and gloom...what's it to you? Take a look around...you and a handful of posters are the only ones with a smile on lol.

And let me doom and gloom you doom and gloomers, what's it to you? ;)

And, yes, I do talk down to the "down" and the "downers". See how that works? Get it? If they don't want to be spoken down to, then don't be so down and try to bring others down. It really is perfect logic, lol.

There ya go, Hunter. When read in context it isn't nearly what it's being made out to be no matter how much any of the weak-minded among the media and our fans want it to be. I'm sure you all will say Mike is lying or back-tracking but, whatever. That's nice. One will believe as they wish. The fact is, he didn't say he was giving up, ever. He immediately followed his original comment with "we're not out of statistically" which lends credence to his statement about it today.

But, yeah... I really don't think the media nor the fans are going to stop about this. It's good for the fans who like to cry to cry about and it's great for the media to feed those fans.

I knew yesterday that the quote was taken out of context. That's not the point of this thread. This thread was about the players starting to react.

Shannahan cuts them!

Begone!

Follow obediently to the end or hit the road!!! Most of these players are the reason the man is so sick to his stomach.

They all suck!! We have a few bright spots from the people he was able to draft early on, and the veterans that were here before he got here are just a let down to this team.

That's all fine and dandy the 1st year. This is his third year. He's been given absolute authority over the entire team. This is his team and these are his sucky players.

Give one good reason why the team should trust HIM. :whoknows:

Totally agree. I have no reason with guys geting called out, but let's not act as if Shanahan has set the world on fire since he's been here. His record as Skins HC is:

6-10

5-11

3-6

That's 14-27. Do he deserve another year? I don't think so.

Archived