Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter Twitter: Bucs Trade Talib to Pats (Talib and a 7th for the Pats' 4th in 2013)

CRobi21

Oh, so you mean to tell me this is how amazing teams win and keep winning? Go figure. I bet we didn't even make a call and inquire about a trade, it would only make sense becuase of the likely suspension for DHall. Oh well, at least we have Ma-doo-doo Williams.

Yeah, because we have lots of draft picks and tons of cap room to make a deal. :doh:

EDIT:

Doing a hard edit because Talib didn't go for a 6th, but rather for a 4th (with a 7th going to the Pats).

That's a little better than purely for a 6th, and I can understand why Shanahan and Allen would stay away if a 4th was involved for a guy who was only going to play in 7 games before becoming a FA. Especially considering we're not really in contention for a playoff spot. A 4th rounder for an upgrade that gives you a SB shot? Worth it. A 4th for an upgrade when you're probably not even in playoff contention? Probably not.

That being said, I still hope he ends up here for cheap in the offseason. He's a solid CB, and should come at below market value for someone of his ability, assuming the Pats don't get at him first.

I really hope they cut him loose at the end of the year and he comes here for cheap. I can't imagine anyone paying him top dollar, and the FA market is somewhat weak, and without a 1st we need to be in on the bidding hard.

Oh, so you mean to tell me this is how amazing teams win and keep winning? Go figure. I bet we didn't even make a call and inquire about a trade, it would only make sense becuase of the likely suspension for DHall. Oh well, at least we have Ma-doo-doo Williams.

I agree with your sentiment that we should have made this deal but I think you are sensationalizing things a bit. The Patriots have made a habit of bad trades recently with Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth.

I agree with your sentiment that we should have made this deal but I think you are sensationalizing things a bit. The Patriots have made a habit of bad trades recently with Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth.

I get that but I hardly consider Talb a bad trade. He's a remarkable talent and still young to learn from his mistakes. He's a first round, legit starting corner and heavy hitter that the Pats just stole.

I get that but I hardly consider Talb a bad trade. He's a remarkable talent and still young to learn from his mistakes. He's a first round, legit starting corner and heavy hitter that the Pats just stole.

I disagree. Talib has been suspended twice now and I would think he's close to being gone for an entire season. He hasn't shown the ability to mature and I don't know why he would suddenly do so? For a team like the Patriots a mid-to-late round pick doesn't mean much but for the Redskins it means a lot.

Archived