Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter Twitter: Bucs Trade Talib to Pats (Talib and a 7th for the Pats' 4th in 2013)

CRobi21

Absolutely ridiculous that we did not make this deal. Talib is a first round talent that we could have had for a forth round pick. Plain and simple. There is no greater need on this team than the secondary. Not to mention that he is in a contract year and this deal would give us 7 weeks of an "audition" to see if we wanted to sign him long term. Then there's the Raheem Morris connection, too.

I'm really disappointed we didn't do this deal. This is something we needed.

Absolutely ridiculous that we did not make this deal. Talib is a first round talent that we could have had for a forth round pick. Plain and simple. There is no greater need on this team than the secondary. Not to mention that he is in a contract year and this deal would give us 7 weeks of an "audition" to see if we wanted to sign him long term. Then there's the Raheem Morris connection, too.

I'm really disappointed we didn't do this deal. This is something we needed.

True, but for a 4th round pick if we didn't pick up Talib it was probably for a reason. Many are pointing to the Morris connection. He was the coach there. If he didn't say that he would fix or held the secondary issues, then I'm ok.

Talib didn't look very good in the only game I saw him play, in fact he looked horrid. Can anyone here comment on if he is any good? The guy is a loose cannon, and hasn't lived up to his billing from what I can gather. He is talented, but what I watched was a guy get torched all game, easily.

We had at least a mid round pick to spare for a legit starting CB with experience from 3 of our office personnel... 'nuff said.

Couldn't be that Raheem and Allen both know him and decided to pass, or since we are limited in draft picks next season they decided Talib isn't worth the investment since picks are more valuable to us right now given their limited number. No, you're likely right that 2 former Buccaneers who know Talib didn't even bother looking into things, despite rumors just yesterday we were looking at trades and the rumor that we were gunning for Talib next offseason.

Are you kidding me? We traded one of our few picks for a guy who will be a FA in a couple months? Not only that but he has off the field troubles, didn't we learn our lesson from Jackson. Time to clean out the coaching staff and start over.

Oh, we didn't make a Vinny-like move? Thanks goodness

Wow... I really wish we could have pulled that off. I mean our 4th would have been a higher pick for the bucs vs the pats. I mean yea you rent him for only 7 games but also I would think who ever landed him would have a good shot at signing him back to their team in the offseason.

Wow... I really wish we could have pulled that off. I mean our 4th would have been a higher pick for the bucs vs the pats. I mean yea you rent him for only 7 games but also I would think who ever landed him would have a good shot at signing him back to their team in the offseason.

The bottom line for a FA is money, which we don't have a lot of next season, and you'd be handing it to a guy who has a lot of off-field issues. The only thing you could guarantee for your fourth round pick is 6 or 7 games (I think he still has a suspension to come). The Pats are contenders this year and Brady isn't getting younger, so this kind of deal makes a lot of sense for them, and not much for us.

For a 4th rounder, and how low we are on draft picks, I'm okay we didn't trade for him.

Seeing as we were already burned in the secondary by a guy with issues (Tanard Jackson), I'm okay with passing on him.

We have 8 picks in the upcoming draft. The only one we are missing is our 1st. I guess after years of not having picks, Redskin fans just figure we never have any picks. But we have 8 in 2013 and 7 in 2014, only missing 1sts. We're fine.

We'll have a shot at him in the offseason still

I think we will, but being suspended twice would make me leary of him. He'd have to have a rock bottom deal for me to want him.

We had at least a mid round pick to spare for a legit starting CB with experience from 3 of our office personnel... 'nuff said.

Missing our 1st round pick, I'm not sure I'd give up our 2nd, 3rd or 4th at this point. You can still get quality starters for those picks. We have two 5th rounders (thanks Fat Albert and the Pats) and I'd have been willing to give up a 5th.

Damn, I wanted Talib and predicted he would be a skin next year. Glad we didn't trade a 4th for him though as we need all of our 8 picks. Remember we have 2 in the 5th and 2 in the 6th.

Before the cap penalty, I wanted him. Now, I trust that Morris and Allen know what they're doing. Maybe they're just biding their time and going to watch him in New England, and if he does well, put in a bid for him in FA.

We have 8 picks in the upcoming draft. The only one we are missing is our 1st. I guess after years of not having picks, Redskin fans just figure we never have any picks. But we have 8 in 2013 and 7 in 2014, only missing 1sts. We're fine.

Ah good call, I guess it's my default answer. :ols:

Still, I'm not sure how comfortable I would be in doling out a valuable mid-round pick for a guy who has such a checkered history. Our defense isn't one player away from being respectable again.

Ah good call, I guess it's my default answer. :ols:

Still, I'm not sure how comfortable I would be in doling out a valuable mid-round pick for a guy who has such a checkered history. Our defense isn't one player away from being respectable again.

That's why I put this at the end of my quote.

Missing our 1st round pick, I'm not sure I'd give up our 2nd, 3rd or 4th at this point. You can still get quality starters for those picks. We have two 5th rounders (thanks Fat Albert and the Pats) and I'd have been willing to give up a 5th.

Also, I woudn't count the FO out for trading up into the 1st round or other rounds. I'm not sure all 8 picks will make the team next year as alot of our picks have made our team the last 2 years. Not a whole lot of roster spots left, but what it does create, is good competition in camp.

Talib is a quality corner but a class A idiot. It's a matter it time before he does something really really stupid which gets him a long suspension. Let someone else use draft picks and cap space on him. Even more than that let someone else count on him as a key starter.

Archived