Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2012/2013 Winter Weather Thread***

Skins24

and to make things worse, i am wearing shorts..i am crazy.

---------- Post added November-7th-2012 at 04:22 PM ----------

actually, weather.com reported that for the 2012-2013 winter season, they will start naming all winter snow storms.

I know, it's ridiculous. There's a million a year.

;9258105']This thing turned into a snowstorm for Long Island. Winter Weather Advisories here for 2-4 inches. It shifted east and brought in more cold air than originally thought. It is white and cold out there. Not to mention windy. Meteorologists were caught off guard with this one. No one was thinking snow for Long Island.

oh yes definitely. i was surprised when i saw snow on the ground tonight. hoping for a cancellation of school for NYIT!!!

and to make things worse, i am wearing shorts..i am crazy.

---------- Post added November-7th-2012 at 04:22 PM ----------

actually, weather.com reported that for the 2012-2013 winter season, they will start naming all winter snow storms.

My biggest complaint about the naming scheme is that they misspelled Gandalf as "Gandolf".

Yes, I know I'm a geek.

Maybe it's been discussed, but why are they now naming winter storms? Hurricanes are one thing, but why winter storms? Doesn't make much sense to me. IMO, they're having fun this on heals of Sandy and it's really unnecessary. Pretty soon they'll he heading out to places and asking people: "Are you getting ready for Winter Storm...(Whatever)" and I hope somebody let's them have it. :mad: and :doh:

Maybe it's been discussed, but why are they now naming winter storms? Hurricanes are one thing, but why winter storms? Doesn't make much sense to me.

They were already naming them, just unofficially. Smowmageddon. Snowpocalypse. Snowpocalypse 2. All the other stupid names. This just makes for more "official" stupid names.

I agree that it is dumb, but they were already doing it.

Maybe it's been discussed, but why are they now naming winter storms? Hurricanes are one thing, but why winter storms? Doesn't make much sense to me. IMO, they're having fun this on heals of Sandy and it's really unnecessary. Pretty soon they'll he heading out to places and asking people: "Are you getting ready for Winter Storm...(Whatever)" and I hope somebody let's them have it. :mad: and :doh:

It's only the Weather Channel, the National Weather Service pretty called it a complete joke which it is. Winter storms are named "The Blizzard of..." and those are historic storms. You can't name every 6-10 inch storm each winter it's absurd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So much for a real winter this year. Do we need to start thinking about accepting this as the new norm for winter in the area? Or do we need three years in a row for that?

cool story bro...u do know that its only december, and winter doesnt actually start until the 21st, right? we have all of january and february to get snow. most winters that i've lived in the DMV area (im in long island for freshman year of college), we havent gotten much snow in december, with the exception of my 9th, 10th and 11th grade years.

Archived