Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.COM: D. Hall on Cruz Game Winner

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

I blame him for running his lousy mouth on and on, before saying you can do something while you never done it in your entire career you better clean up your own mess. This guy isn't worthy of his contract, he better focus on playing hard on a weekly basis before claiming he could play Qb in this league.

He didn't say he could play quarterback, he said he could make that throw.

I understand what Hall wanted to say, but the way he said it was just wrong.

Shoulda said my DC Haslett is an idiot, who used the same coverage in both our 2min drill in the first and the second half.

The Giants knew where to hurt us. Just like Gruden #2 (OC of the Bengals) knew how to hurt us during the 1st play of the Bengals game.

Haslett is too freaking predictable, its the same script by the same director. SIGNED: DeCamgelo Hall Newton

Eli was wrong on that quote, the Skins did not use that coverage in the two minute drill in the first half and that was the reason for Hall's response.

I mean seriously. Overreact much? Hall is our best corner and our secondary is struggling. He is not very good in interviews, so let's cut him. :rollseyes:

Just because he's the best, doesn't mean he's any good. He's got a 9 million dollar cap hit.

IDC how much our secondary is struggling, he ain't worth it. At least as a corner.

Jason Campbell aside, D. Hall must be the most polarizing figure on ES. LaverLeap and NLC have submitted compelling threads as to why D. Hall is playing his best ball in 2012 yet no one on here has taken the opportunity to read those threads or study the screen shots (film).

Guess I'm asking too much.

I feel like every week I have to do a "this is why D-Hall doesn't suck" article, man. It's exhausting.

And I said this in another thread; the crazy part is that almost every week I see a "D-Hall is the worst person on the Redskins EVER!" thread, but we've had seven weeks of Madieu Williams playing like balls and not a single thread about how bad he's playing.

I feel like every week I have to do a "this is why D-Hall doesn't suck" article, man. It's exhausting.

And I said this in another thread; the crazy part is that almost every week I see a "D-Hall is the worst person on the Redskins EVER!" thread, but we've had seven weeks of Madieu Williams playing like balls and not a single thread about how bad he's playing.

Extremeskins, as usual, needs a reality check. Luckily the fans don't run the team.

Just because he's the best, doesn't mean he's any good. He's got a 9 million dollar cap hit.

IDC how much our secondary is struggling, he ain't worth it. At least as a corner.

So, if we gave him a an extension that lowered his cap hit but kept him around, would you be okay?

Like say we get to next year. D-Hall's got a cap hit of 12 million. Say we gave him a three year contract extension that spread his cap hit that paid him a much more reasonable 4 mil a year, AND he still plays corner.

Would you still want him here? Or do you still want him gone?

The only thing I can think of is that whenever we get a good player - someone that is known to be good elsewhere or expected to be good, if they are not one of the best (i.e. unanimously top 5 at their position) at their position in the entire league, a lot of fans, at least those on here, become very spiteful toward them rather than appreciating having a good player.

Guys coming here with higher expectations or fanfare are not able to satisfy these masses unless they impress at an RG3-esque level. Here are a few guys that have fallen victim to this ridiculousness: Brian Orakpo and DeAngelo Hall are the obvious examples over the last year or so. But several fans have gone so far overboard with players that have had incredible careers here like Clinton Portis and Santana Moss. People would hate on Portis so much because he was "weird" or said stupid things to the media. Oh no the sky is falling because Santana Moss fumbled a couple times in one year or dropped a pass. He's terrible. Or even when he was at the top of his game, rather than being excited about him, all these types of people could do is compare him to Steve Smith and say well, he's not that good, we need to find someone who is.

They seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that this is a team sport and you simply cannot build a team full of Hall of Famers. It simply is not possible to garner that much talent on one team or to have no weaknesses. Every great team has weaknesses - just like the undefeated Patriots who lost to the Giants. Simply because a guy is not the best player in the league at his position does not make him expendable or mean that we shouldn't be happy to have him. Even if his salary is higher than his performance, you cannot simply cut him and say bring in the next guy.

Teams are also not made of a bunch of hard working, quiet, lunch-pale type guys who just play the game and keep their mouth shut no matter what. If a team was made up completely like that, they probably would not be very successful. There is no one blueprint to a makeup of a team, either talent-wise or personality-wise. That is why sports is so much fun, because it involves finding guys of all different personalities and makeups that work best together. It is an emotional game and one that has highs and lows. That's fine if people are bigger fans of one type of PLAYER over another - that's why they may buy his jersey or be happier when he's involved in a play. But this is our TEAM made up of all these players and it's frustrating, obviously, for many of us that people don't understand that a team includes all types of players.

To hate a guy simply because he isn't the best in the league or because he's more animated on the field is simply ridiculous. As much as fans on here or anywhere get mad about the way the media spins articles, especially their headings, many on here spin anything and everything DHall does or says into some type of selfish and team-cancerish rant and conclude that he should be ****canned. It truly is astounding.

The only thing I can think of is that whenever we get a good player - someone that is known to be good elsewhere or expected to be good, if they are not one of the best (i.e. unanimously top 5 at their position) at their position in the entire league, a lot of fans, at least those on here, become very spiteful toward them rather than appreciating having a good player.

Guys coming here with higher expectations or fanfare are not able to satisfy these masses unless they impress at an RG3-esque level. Here are a few guys that have fallen victim to this ridiculousness: Brian Orakpo and DeAngelo Hall are the obvious examples over the last year or so. But several fans have gone so far overboard with players that have had incredible careers here like Clinton Portis and Santana Moss. People would hate on Portis so much because he was "weird" or said stupid things to the media. Oh no the sky is falling because Santana Moss fumbled a couple times in one year or dropped a pass. He's terrible. Or even when he was at the top of his game, rather than being excited about him, all these types of people could do is compare him to Steve Smith and say well, he's not that good, we need to find someone who is.

They seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that this is a team sport and you simply cannot build a team full of Hall of Famers. It simply is not possible to garner that much talent on one team or to have no weaknesses. Every great team has weaknesses - just like the undefeated Patriots who lost to the Giants. Simply because a guy is not the best player in the league at his position does not make him expendable or mean that we shouldn't be happy to have him. Even if his salary is higher than his performance, you cannot simply cut him and say bring in the next guy.

Teams are also not made of a bunch of hard working, quiet, lunch-pale type guys who just play the game and keep their mouth shut no matter what. If a team was made up completely like that, they probably would not be very successful. There is no one blueprint to a makeup of a team, either talent-wise or personality-wise. That is why sports is so much fun, because it involves finding guys of all different personalities and makeups that work best together. It is an emotional game and one that has highs and lows. That's fine if people are bigger fans of one type of PLAYER over another - that's why they may buy his jersey or be happier when he's involved in a play. But this is our TEAM made up of all these players and it's frustrating, obviously, for many of us that people don't understand that a team includes all types of players.

To hate a guy simply because he isn't the best in the league or because he's more animated on the field is simply ridiculous. As much as fans on here or anywhere get mad about the way the media spins articles, especially their headings, many on here spin anything and everything DHall does or says into some type of selfish and team-cancerish rant and conclude that he should be ****canned. It truly is astounding.

Well said. I agree with this and it makes this board very frustrating at times.

+1 that's exactly how things have been going for the past couple years it's like extremeskins vs extremefans.

No **** you guys played that as bad as possible. Here's an idea, pull your collective heads out of your asses and play solid if not spectacular football. THAT is not rocket science.
That is the final answer, just do your freaking job secondary and never let a WR behind you Safety, especially in the 2 minute drill jackass. This entire secondary needs to look inside themselves and ask how bad do they want 1st place, because they sure had it and gave it right back last Sunday.

---------- Post added October-25th-2012 at 06:02 AM ----------

Very well said, and another thing is when a player finally steps up, it's hey lets trade him. This is defeating the purpose of having good players and good depth. This is why letting Cooley go was a terrible idea, hoping Niles Paul could take his spot and do the same job Cooley has for years. We see how that worked out, we had no more depth at a very important position on this team.

Very well said, and another thing is when a player finally steps up, it's hey lets trade him. This is defeating the purpose of having good players and good depth. This is why letting Cooley go was a terrible idea, hoping Niles Paul could take his spot and do the same job Cooley has for years. We see how that worked out, we had no more depth at a very important position on this team.

Its been quiet for a while now with the Niles Paul/Shannon Sharpe comparisons.

I fail to see why any Redskins fan would be upset about one of our players rolling his eyes at the Giants.

**** them.

what are you worried about? pissing them off?

Looking bad?

This is a team we swept last year, and required a last minute miracle to scrape by us the other day.

Y'all want to respect them?

**** them!

DHall SHOULD let them know we don't fear them.

DHall SHOULD let them know we don't consider them better.

Instead we get a bunch of whining.

Oh no! DHall mouthed off to the Giants! Oh, our delicate sensibilities have been shaken!

Quit whimpering about it. Stand with the REDSKIN who's not afraid of them .

~Bang

D. Hall is 10th in total tackles amongst DBs, tied for 15th amongst DBs in interceptions. He's playing well and he's being honest. WTH do some of you want him to do???

Kiss Eli's feet, it would seem.

Dexter needs to come back and re-teach this fan base on how to handle a rivalry.

~Bang

Was listening to Hall on 106.7 yesterday, more or less he doesn't take ownership about the secondary being bad, says all secondarys give up big plays, its an offensive league, etc.

If that's what he thinks I gather he doesn't think they need to do much different, aside from the Cruz play.

for me it was frustrating to listen to, reminded me of Rex when he would give excuses for interceptions, my thought when I heard that was if he doesn't think its a problem it won't be fixed, it felt the same listening to Hall.

Was listening to Hall on 106.7 yesterday, more or less he doesn't take ownership about the secondary being bad, says all secondarys give up big plays, its an offensive league, etc.

If that's what he thinks I gather he doesn't think they need to do much different, aside from the Cruz play.

for me it was frustrating to listen to, reminded me of Rex when he would give excuses for interceptions, my thought when I heard that was if he doesn't think its a problem it won't be fixed, it felt the same listening to Hall.

Yeah, kinda like.....We made 10 good plays so it's no big deal that we made 1 bad one that cost us the game.

D. Hall is 10th in total tackles amongst DBs, tied for 15th amongst DBs in interceptions. He's playing well and he's being honest. WTH do some of you want him to do???

Got to find the stats and if someone posted it here sorry -- but last week on the radio they quoted a football site that QB's are completing some sort of insanely good number of passes against D. Hall, something like 80% of the time they throw his way they complete the pass, I'll see if i can find it.

---------- Post added October-25th-2012 at 07:33 AM ----------

Yeah, kinda like.....We made 10 good plays so it's no big deal that we made 1 bad one that cost us the game.

Yeah and they do it over and over again when it counts, doesn't matter who the QB is, Josh Freeman is Joe Montana against these guys when the game is on the line, just about every QB is -- they fall apart under pressure.

I love how the last 4 teams we played with the exception of the 49ers said we "didn't beat them." They gave the game away. Well peeps, the Giants are 11-2 in their last 13 games, so keep giving them away......

The comparison to Tuck and JPP talking is a joke. Win something (like a Super Bowl or two) then talk D-Hall!

The comparison to Tuck and JPP talking is a joke. Win something (like a Super Bowl or two) then talk D-Hall!

I dont know,, they have spent an awful lot of time talking about the sorry ol' always-finish-in-last-place Redskins.

You talk about who you think about.

~Bang

This comment is getting way more spin and publicity than it deserves.

DHall basically said we had the game won but we blew it on one play, which is true. The press tried to cook up a story out of this and succeeded, but I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Archived