Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.COM: D. Hall on Cruz Game Winner

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

You guys are misinterpreting his quote. Him saying "we gave him that play," is not him talking crap, it's about him saying there was a mistake in the secondary, hence by their mistake, they practically "gave" him that play or gave away that play. Depends on how you read it.

Forget it man. It's just another opportunity for the Hall haters to bash him without merit. It's as annoying and there is no talking sense to any of them.

I understand what Hall wanted to say, but the way he said it was just wrong.

Shoulda said my DC Haslett is an idiot, who used the same coverage in both our 2min drill in the first and the second half.

The Giants knew where to hurt us. Just like Gruden #2 (OC of the Bengals) knew how to hurt us during the 1st play of the Bengals game.

Haslett is too freaking predictable, its the same script by the same director. SIGNED: DeCamgelo Hall Newton

I guarantee you from here on out that we will see Madieu's dumbass playing his correct assignment from here on out.

Yea right, MaDoodoo should have been playing his correct assignment ever since he got beat for a TD vs. the Colts in Preseason. You really think that play is going to change who he is? I'm ready to see anybody else back there but him. I rather the Giants pick us apart at the end instead of just giving them a TD.

The problem with Madoodoo is, he plays way too nosey. I don't know what the hell he is always looking at in the back field that causes people to run right by him and then he doesnt even have the closing speed to recover.

I see what D Hall is trying to say, but the fact is that Eli made the play when it counted. Our secondary has been victimized several time this season for huge gains. Its a pattern. I wonder who's idea it is to give the receiver a 10 yard cushion when the O is on the 5 yd line... smh. Either Has or D Hall. Someone doesn't have a clue what they are doing.

No kidding. If we make Eli hold onto that ball one split second longer, Eli gets sacked for a loss and we're probably 4-3 with the division lead with two winnable (yes, I think the Pittsburgh game is at least winnable) games and the bye week in control of our destiny. And we also put the Giants in the division cellar being down 3 games in the division.

Don't worry about it. The Giants are supposed to win at home. They did their job. We still got a long way to go before the season is over. Lotta football left.

I keep thinking "This is the week the defense turns it around." I have to be right eventually, right?

I almost wish Hall wasn't allowed to speak to the media anymore. Not because I have a problem with what Hall says most of the time, just because I'm sick of all the unwarranted bashing of DeAngelo here on ES. He's a huge scapegoat and not really sure why.

He doesn't cover like Darelle Revis, and yeah he's a little overpaid, but he's our best DB, a team leader and he says what a lot of us are usually thinking.

I also get the impression he's a fan like us at heart. You can tell he wants to win and he's upset when they lose. Gotta give it up to him for that. Carlos Rogers was 20x the cancer Hall is on his worst day.

Hall's quote isn't any smarter than the non-sense Rolle kept spouting about Washington last year. Sitting there and mouthing of like the Giants didn't make that play happen is absurd. I mean where does it end... Did the Giants give RG3 his bomb to Moss?

What does that throw have to do with the throw from Manning to Cruz? On RG3's TD there wasn't a blown coverage with Moss running free 10 yards behind the defense. In fact, the defender did a decent job (especially for a rookie) and was pretty much in Santana's pocket the whole play. RG3 just saw the 1 on 1 matchup and threw a picture perfect 30 yard bucket pass. Two totally different situations.

Take responsibility for your poor play and shut the **** up for once.

DHall didn't play poor vs the Giants. He has been one of the only decent players in our secondary this year (not necessarily saying much). DHall covered his guys well in this game and had absolutely nothing to do with Josh and Madieu making themselves look like JV HS players on that Manning to Cruz bomb.

Hall needs to be cut. Yesterday.

You're weird about Hall, man. Seriously. This whole fanbase has some kind of weird problem, I don't get it. Hall is one of our better defensive players. He has flaws and he takes too many gambles to be worth much in consistent man coverage but...jeez. The man worked on his tackling to where he's one of the better ones in the league. Not a bad blitzer, either.

I understand what Hall wanted to say, but the way he said it was just wrong.

Shoulda said my DC Haslett is an idiot, who used the same coverage in both our 2min drill in the first and the second half.

The Giants knew where to hurt us. Just like Gruden #2 (OC of the Bengals) knew how to hurt us during the 1st play of the Bengals game.

Haslett is too freaking predictable, its the same script by the same director. SIGNED: DeCamgelo Hall Newton

I get what you're saying here. While I mostly agree that Haslett is too predictable, I would say this. Despite however predictable he may be, that play was 100% on Madieu Williams. Wilson correctly played underneath Cruz, although he maybe played a bit too far underneath, and Williams, as the safety, is SUPPOSED to have coverage over the top. I don't care how predictable it is, Cruz should not have gotten behind the defense. Williams just stood there flatfooted until Cruz was even with him and then it was already far too late.

We may have a coordinator who is predictable, but Hall is completely correct in saying the defensive PLAYERS gave the Giants that play. He even goes so far to say exactly what I said above and in another thread yesterday that one of our guys was just standing there (Williams).

Also, it's very nice to see so many established and respected posters in here actually defending Hall, not just on this, but in general. I was beginning to think I was the only one. Perhaps you guys are just a little better at ignoring the blind bashing threads since it is obviously just a waste of time and words falling on deaf ears, so to speak (I have not yet reached that point lol).

I like Hall's heart. I ****ing hate the Giants and their trolls like "BOBGRIFFIN" that came to our board later. They know they were lucky. Yep, lucky. That was their only TD pass on the day. Folks, we are not done yet. If we happen to enter the bye week at 5-4 (heck, even 4-5) the game is on. You realize nobody really looks forward to playing us now, right? Me likee very much. **** you Giants. See you again in short order. Get ready. Btw, please ask Mara/Goddell if it's ok not to have Ed Hocksucks Ref "team" not "doing" the game next time. I think I would prefer replacements in truth. HTTR

D-Hall DID cover his man. Pretty well, all things considered.

D Hall said 'We' gave him that. D Hall is part of 'We'. And the 'We' he speaks of, well 'they' are on pace to be the worst secondary in the history of the game.

When you are that bad as a group, IMO, you have no room to talk ****. Especially to a group of guys who are 2X world Champs who think youre a joke. Eli's rocket science comeback was perfect.

The entire secondary needs to prove they can stop SOMEBODY. Otherwise you look like a complete idiot talking trash.

What an embarrassment.

---------- Post added October-24th-2012 at 08:36 PM ----------

I am not a D Hall hater.

I just think EVERYONE currently involved with the Redskins secondary (players and coaches) should put up or shut up.

I don't need affirmation for why they suck.

I can see it on TV.

Thats what Im saying.

Also, the masked tweeter is right on the money.

If Madieu blowing off the most obvious and basic of assignments at the most critical times of games, going back to Indy, its simply on the coaches / GM for retaining him. I call bunk if there is not a better solution.

Good for Hall telling Eli it was a gift TD. I bet he and Cruz got a good laugh out of it. Talk while cheap, is simply completely overblown but the modern day media with nothing else to talk about.

Archived