Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.COM: D. Hall on Cruz Game Winner

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

If Madieu is blowing off the most obvious and basic of assignments at the most critical times of games, going back to Indy, its simply on the coaches / GM for retaining him. I call bunk if Allen feels there is not a better solution.

Good for Hall telling Eli it was a gift TD. I bet he and Cruz got a good laugh out of it. Talk while cheap, is simply completely overblown but the modern day media with nothing else to talk about.

Youre not smelling what Im cooking. It's not what he said, its the fact that he said anything at all.

Bull****. Yes he should. **** the Giants. The teams don't like each other and the giants are usually talking a ton of ****, yet we say nothing. So Hall calls the play what it is (us blowing it, not them "beating" us), which is hardly radical **** talk and people want him cut or just trashed. What a crock of flop. He is the only starting caliber player in our entire secondary and people are making comments like "he should be cut yesterday?

So Hall said the Giants didn't beat us, we beat ourselves with poor execution. Hall executed pretty damn well. He had his own guy covered and was still the second closest to the double covered receiver. Watch Hall all next game exclusively, you'll usually enjoy it.

You're weird about Hall, man. Seriously. This whole fanbase has some kind of weird problem, I don't get it. Hall is one of our better defensive players. He has flaws and he takes too many gambles to be worth much in consistent man coverage but...jeez. The man worked on his tackling to where he's one of the better ones in the league. Not a bad blitzer, either.

Moving him to FS is the only place where I can see him on this team simply because of his tackling. He takes to many gambles, and doesn't come up with nearly enough reward to justify it.

He is not a 9 million dollar corner. And all he does is make bad PR moves as far as I'm concerned.

---------- Post added October-24th-2012 at 09:20 PM ----------

You wanna cut the guy but yet in another thread you supported the idea of him moving to FS. I mean c'mon dude.

I do support moving him to FS. And if we did (and assuming it works out how I think it will, of course) he will justified his place on the team as far as I'm concerned.

The reality is, I don't see that happening anytime in the future. So yeah, we should cut him.

Bull****. Yes he should. **** the Giants. The teams don't like each other and the giants are usually talking a ton of ****, yet we say nothing. So Hall calls the play what it is (us blowing it, not them "beating" us), which is hardly radical **** talk and people want him cut or just trashed. What a crock of flop. He is the only starting caliber player in our entire secondary and people are making comments like "he should be cut yesterday?

So Hall said the Giants didn't beat us, we beat ourselves with poor execution. Hall executed pretty damn well. He had his own guy covered and was still the second closest to the double covered receiver. Watch Hall all next game exclusively, you'll usually enjoy it.

Call me oldschool. I like the Monks and Greens of the world who do their job and stay relatively quiet.

Good job blaming Hall for messing up the coverage on the play when he was covering someone else...I guess you missed Cruz blowing by 26 (Wilson) and 41 (Williams) and wanted to blame Hall for something, right?

Dude there is no point to even try anymore, half of our fanbase are the dumbest fans in the world!

Of course people want us to put our best corner at free safety.

Everyone complains about D-Hall taking too many chances (by the way, D-Hall hasn't jumped a route in a LONG ass time; certainly not in the last 7 weeks), so of course it makes perfect logical sense to put the guy who "guesses" too much, into a position where he essentially has to guess where the ball is being thrown and play his man.

The fact that we have to play him at free safety because Madieu is so awful is bad enough.

That play wasnt D Halls fault..... He is right with his comments, we did give it to them on that play. Madooo dooo had a complete break down which lead to Cruz breaking away for a pitch and catch...... Whats the big deal about Hall saying this?? He is as upset about the play as we all are. He didnt call anyone on our team out, but is telling it like it is........

Like John Riggins? Sean Taylor? Russ Grimm talked some trash too...

Whats your point?

I prefer guys who let their play do their talking.

Also, the guys you mentioned may have talked trash, but they backed it up. Our secondary is embarrassing and Hall is part of that group.

Why are people having a problem seeing that talking trash when you are awful makes you look foolish. It's like people dogging Cam Newton when he did his superman pose down by three touchdowns. Same crap, different moron.

Jason Campbell aside, D. Hall must be the most polarizing figure on ES. LaverLeap and NLC have submitted compelling threads as to why D. Hall is playing his best ball in 2012 yet no one on here has taken the opportunity to read those threads or study the screen shots (film).

Guess I'm asking too much.

Jason Campbell aside, D. Hall must be the most polarizing figure on ES. LaverLeap and NLC have submitted compelling threads as to why D. Hall is playing his best ball in 2012 yet no one on here has taken the opportunity to read those threads or study the screen shots (film).

Guess I'm asking too much.

:ols: Right? It makes no sense at all. He is playing pretty well. When we only had Samuels on the line, people would say "our line is garbage, except for Chris", but with Hall, it's only his fault. Makes zero sense.

Call me oldschool. I like the Monks and Greens of the world who do their job and stay relatively quiet.

And they had their Dexter Manleys and John Riggins's who did plenty of talking for them.

Hell, Joe gibbs used to tell Manley to say things.

DE Diron Talbert and George Allen pretty much invented everyone's hatred for the Cowboys.

They'd say anything. Literally.. from conspiracy theories about Schramm's spies to predicting injuring Roger Staubach..

'tis good.

Like I said earlier.. are the Giants pre or postgame talking about Dallas?

They're still talking about us.

~Bang

Dude there is no point to even try anymore, half of our fanbase are the dumbest fans in the world!

The other half have no idea what in the hell you're talking about. Cmon man, it is just opinion and whatnot.

---------- Post added October-24th-2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

um...the guy I responded to made it seem like Hall never made the pro bowl.

obviously the game doesn't count

So why bring it up. I love Dhall, just wish he would just shut up and play. He was not the problem on that play but yet again he is drawing attention to himself.

Moving him to FS is the only place where I can see him on this team simply because of his tackling. He takes to many gambles, and doesn't come up with nearly enough reward to justify it.

He is not a 9 million dollar corner. And all he does is make bad PR moves as far as I'm concerned.

---------- Post added October-24th-2012 at 09:20 PM ----------

I do support moving him to FS. And if we did (and assuming it works out how I think it will, of course) he will justified his place on the team as far as I'm concerned.

The reality is, I don't see that happening anytime in the future. So yeah, we should cut him.

Cut him this year or next? I do not want to cut him period (I'll admit his price tag is too high despite the fact that I think he is playing well, and we need to find a way to get some money back next year while retaining him).

But if you're suggesting cut him right now, in favor of what? Who replaces him? Crawford and Cedric Griffin? And then slide a practice squad guy up or sign a guy off the streets? And what happens if one of them gets hurt?

I do not mind Hall moving to Safety at times to get Williams off the field and Griffin on but that is not what is best for our defense in a full time arrangement. If you want to make a case that Hall should be benched in favor of Cedric Griffin, fine. I would wholeheartedly disagree with you because I think Hall is playing just fine. But that is an argument you could at least attempt. Saying he should be cut is ridiculous because the players behind him or guys off the street cannot play at his level. As bad as we are right now, if we cut Hall, we would be a lot worse.

It seems like Josh Wilson and Madieu Williams are the ones who should be answering this question.

I give DHall a lot of credit for the way he handled the question. He basicalled said "we" messed up, which is not only true, but also shows he is thinking in terms of team not self. He did not say "Josh" messed up, which he very well could have.

I really don't get the animosity towards Hall. He has made a lot of big plays for us in his time here.

I just wish it wasn't D Hall that made that statement because I am oh so tired of his mouth, but he's right.

I live in NJ, so everyone is making out that Eli play to be one for his legacy. I have no hate on Eli at all, but there was nothing amazing about that play. I wouldn't even call it routine. He threw the ball deep during the 4th quarter being down and our coverage sucked against a fast WR with great hands.

Archived