Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins / Giants Prediction Thread : Glass Houses and Rocks

skins island connection

Week 7 is upon us, and the Redskins are making the trip to their division rivals, the New York Giants.

A somewhat of a Billy Joel signature may fit this game, with the Giants breaking the 49ers glass house this past sunday, completely dominating them from whistle to whistle, the hopes are the Giants will have spent their energy and emotion on them, and may somewhat overlook the RGIII led Redskins, but somehow I doubt it. Even though the Skins swept them last year, I think the Giants will be looking for revenge, being it will be broadcast all week how the Skins owned them last year, so I expect them to come with a bagful of rocks.

RGIII had a game no one really expected, with a 4th qtr T.D. run that demoralized a good Minnesota Vikings team, a Davis sighting, LoAl stepping up his game, and the usual 2nd half breakdown proved the game would be an exciting one. But this is a game that will be a hard fought one, and I fully expect Eli and the Giants to be ready, so it will be a difficult task to knock them off their emotional high, but with RGIII, anything's possible.

Call me crazy, but I see a big upset !

Skins 36

Giants 31

It entirely depends on the Giants team that shows up. If the Giants team that played last week in SF shows up, then they are the better team and win. If the Giants team that laid an egg against the Cowboys shows up, then the 'Skins win.

I predict a very close, medium scoring game. I don't think the Giants can show up 2 weeks in a row the way they did. I think RGIII will give them some fits.

'Skins 28

Giants 27

I want the Skins to beat the crap out of the Giants. I want them to take the field with an attitude that says because of your owner we're making $18M less this season and next. That's money out of their pockets. It may not be likely, but it's what I want from both games against the Giants this season.

I don't like our chances at all this week. Good news is that at 3-3, these next two games are house money for me, as I would be happy simply beating Carolina to be 4-5 at the bye.

But I don't see it happening this week for several reasons....

1. The Giants are obviously a better team

2. Homefield

3. Giants do have a history of letting down and losing games they shouldn't. But EVERYONE is talking about that and asking them about that this week which would seem to greatly reduce our chances of a sneak attack

4. Eli has been sensational this season which clearly plays against our greatest weakness

5. Law of averages....are the Giants really going to go 0-3 in the division?

6. Giants are smart defensively and will likely be motivated to not be on the next RG3 highlight reel. Their DE's will give us problems and we don't have the WRs to expose them deep like other teams have

7. I'm going to the game

Trust me, #7 trumps them all. Big time.

Giants 31, Redskins 17

Damn I miss Orakpo, his presence alone makes this front 7 better and pass rush much better. I would feel a lot more comfortable with him coming off the edge and having the options of different looks/schemes.

Having said that, we're still a step behind the Giants in talent. I don't fear their defense outside of their pass rush. I trust the Shanny's will come up with a game plan for the O to succeed. I have little doubt the O will put up points.

Problem is, even though we are playing a bit better on D, the defense is making every QB look like pro-bowlers. I think it'll be a tough game to win.

Having said that, **** the Giants and I can not predict against the Redskins anymore.

Homer pick.

Skins 31

Vagiants: 27

I don't like our chances at all this week. Good news is that at 3-3, these next two games are house money for me, as I would be happy simply beating Carolina to be 4-5 at the bye.

You and I should grab a beer. This is exactly how I feel. If we get a win from this road trip against two very good teams, then it's a bonus. We definitely have the offense to threaten each team, but I just don't think we are there yet to suggest we should win. I would love a win. But I am perfectly content with 4-5 at the bye week.

If we could somehow sneak a win, and still beat the Panthers...going into bye at 5-4 would be even better. The 2nd half schedule is daunting, to say the least. 5 of 7 games against NFC East...

But this is a prediction thread, so let's see...

Hakeem Nicks is going to be more healthy than he's been all season.

Eli could pass for 500 yards, and he's going against one of the worst secondaries in the league

Giants front 7 is good, but they sometimes allow players like Vick to rush on them...RG3 could do the same

They remember losing to us twice last year and are hungry to get revenge

Redskins 23 Giants 31

Giants are beatable, they are not unstoppable juggernauts. That being said it is going to be a huge test, they are a very good team obviously. I think predicting this game does not really do this game justice because I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win. I think the Giants might take this one because they are going to be seeking blood over last year, and it doesn't help that the Giants fall in love with the pass a lot and make Eli throw 60 times for 500 yards and such. Again this will come down to the offense to pull out, I think Morris is going to have to bring his A game and control the ground which is possible. Goes without saying that we need our QB to do well, which I think is very very likely considering hes a beast. We need to bait Eli into bad throws and we need to contain Cruz from his deep ball and his YAC which is going to be tough. I am confident we can handle their pass rush, and I know Trent can hold his own against JPP or anyone else they put on him, Trent has been impressive this year, that being said I think Griffin needs to be constantly glancing over at the RT in the pocket because whoever we plug in there is going to need to step up, a lot.

Gut says we don't win this game, but I think it will be close. And NFL is notoriously unpredictable, which people neglect to understand sometimes.

The Giants have almost taken the cowpukes spot as my most hated team, but I think they are probably the most consistent team in the NFC right now. Eli plays well at home. Our defense needs another big game and Trent will have his hands full. Look for a lot of stunting and movement on the defensive line to try and confuse Griffin. I am calling an upset..

Skins 31. Giants 28

Defense had another pick six and Morris over 100

With RGIII anything is possible. The Redskins will never be out of any game while he's playing. I think the Redskins match up well with the vagiants. However, I believe the vagiants experience and home field advantage will be the deciding factor.

Goodguys 31

vagiants 35

I hope I'm wrong, but this defense still has a lot to prove.

I want nothing more than for the 'skins to beat the Giants. I would love for Mara to feel some retribution for what he did.

Still, you have to consider the Giants heavy favorites in this one. They are the defending champs. They just demolished a very good 49ers team. They are playing good football. They are not giving up sacks. They are not turning the ball over. They are running the ball well. They are throwing the ball well. They have a good QB and good WRs, which really plays to our weakness on defense. On paper this looks really bad for us.

Yes we swept them last year, but that might just be more motivation for them. I highly doubt they overlook us again. Still, it does go to show that anything can happen in these NFC East games, so I still have some hope about this one.

If I believed in karma I would confidently predict a 'skins win. As it is, I'm not sure I do, and I'm not sure I can, but I really, really want us to win, more than any game in recent memory.

To all: Here is an article discussing RG3 that I think is very noteworthy...

http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/stories/sports/football-nfl-new-york-giants/255837039?client_source=flash_widget&format=rss%2f529946%2fnw&sb=1

It’s the rocket arm and the jet legs and the captivating smile and the dangling braids and the Jordan-esque swagger on the field and the humility off it. Long after Eli Manning stops being an elite quarterback, long after Tom Coughlin retires, it is a good bet Robert Griffin III will be the scourge of the NFC East, the Giants’ worst nightmare. They better get him now, before he has it all figured out.

It’s the hope the young franchise quarterback brings to his franchise and to his region that makes everyone believe all things are possible. And sometimes you know it when you see it for the very first time. Broadway knew it as soon as it saw Joe Namath. Miami knew it as soon as it saw Dan Marino. Indianapolis knew it as soon as it saw Peyton Manning and now Andrew Luck.

APHAVING A GOOD TIME: The Giants defense will get their first look at the Redskins’ newest weapon, quarterback Robert Griffin III, on Sunday. Big Blue will look to prevent the speedy, carefree rookie from running wild like he did against Minnesota on Sunday when he ran for 138 yards and two touchdowns.“I think we’re just scratching the surface of how good he can be,” Fox NFL analyst John Lynch told The Post.

For the championship-starved Redskins fans in and around the nation’s capital, Griffin isn’t merely a breath of fresh air. He is oxygen, resuscitating a proud tradition.

“He’s got a tremendous presence about him,” Lynch said.

Randall Cunningham was dubbed The Ultimate Weapon once by Sports Illustrated. Michael Vick was called Mr. Electric at Virginia Tech. Griffin has a chance to be both — as long as his athletic arrogance and fearlessness stops short of the recklessness that left him with a mild concussion because he disdained stepping out of bounds and put himself unnecessarily in harm’s way for Falcons linebacker Sean Weatherspoon.

He would be foolish to tempt the fates Sunday against the Big Blue predators, who will spy these kind of quarterbacks when they aren’t knocking them out of the game. Griffin is wise beyond his 22 years, but he didn’t win the Heisman Trophy by tiptoeing through the tulips when there was a touchdown to score or a game to win. The Vikings hit him 10 times on Sunday, still too many.

“He’s taken hellacious hits in the last three weeks,” Lynch said. “That’s going to be something that bears watching.”

Indeed. But you can’t be great if you don’t dare to be great, and Griffin dares to be great. Mike and Kyle Shanahan have moved to rein him in, but the flip side is Griffin’s 76-yard touchdown romp that ruined the Vikings.

It was his sixth rushing touchdown, a single-season franchise record for a quarterback. The Olympic hurdler in him is part of his playmaker genius. Except on NFL playing fields, he is asked to hurdle merciless 250-pound hitmen. His 13 rushes (for 138 yards and two TDs) against the Vikings pushed his season total to 55 (for 379 yards).

By contrast, Vick has 41 rushes for 205 yards and one TD. Cam Newton has 40 for 209 and three TDs in one fewer game. Newton’s 2011 rookie quarterback rushing record (706) is clearly in jeopardy, not to mention his mark for most rushing touchdowns (14) by any quarterback.

Griffin is playing with fire, taking our breath away when we watch him leave the pocket and try to elude and escape defenders trying to take his breath away every time he is fair game. He has a smaller frame than Newton.

“How do you utilize his ability to make that happen and survive in this league?” Lynch asks.

The Vikings didn’t spy Griffin. The Falcons did sparingly with 255-pound defensive end Kroy Biermann. The Giants have Michael Boley and Jacquian Williams as options.

“It takes a rare guy to spy a guy like that,” Lynch said.

Griffin is completing 70.2 percent of his passes, a testament to his poise — his headset went out against the Bucs and he simply yawned and marched his team to victory — and patience and football IQ (5 TDs, 2 INTs) as well as a system that doesn’t demand too much of him. Lynch credits the Shanahans for putting Griffin in positions to succeed and enabling his confidence to grow. “People really have to respect his play-action because they have to account for him as a runner,” Lynch said.

Tebowmania aside, maybe only Vick created this kind of buzz when he made his Falcons debut in the 2001 opener at 3Com Park in San Francisco. Lynch, a nine-time Pro Bowl safety, was asked to compare Vick and Griffin at similar stages.

“This guy’s faster ... Vick was maybe a little more athletic, more like Barry Sanders,” Lynch said. “Robert’s a more natural passer.”

Griffin’s unbridled joy on his field of dreams is infectious.

“He doesn’t realize how hard it is to win in this league,” veteran Redskins linebacker London Fletcher said. “Nothing’s been too big for him. Really, he’s just going out there really having fun. I wish I could have as much fun as he does playing the game. Because he’s really just going out there carefree, just making plays like he’s on the sandlot or in high school.”

This is the NFL, the No Fun League. But try telling that to RG3.

[/Quote]

This game is a huge opportunity. I hope we stick it to 'em so Mara can go **** himself. We have a chance to move into first place and put the stinkin' Giants in an 0-3 hole in the division. We aren't the same old Redskins that would blow an opportunity like this. I see us winning a tough, hard fought game 31 to 24. We need to control the ball and keep Eli off the field. An INT wouldn't hurt.

But I don't see it happening this week for several reasons....

1. The Giants are obviously a better team

2. Homefield

3. Giants do have a history of letting down and losing games they shouldn't. But EVERYONE is talking about that and asking them about that this week which would seem to greatly reduce our chances of a sneak attack ...

man, those are great points, but here is one that really sticks out to me ...

Coughlin.

There is a reason why he has beaten the Pats and Belicheat on the worlds biggest stage TWICE.

He gameplans his ass off ... be prepared ya'll ... for RG3 to have a real, real bad game. Not saying its a lock, but be prepared.

I think Monday headlines will say , Coughlin and the Giants show blueprint for stopping RG3.

Giants 27

Skins 14

Archived