Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins / Giants Prediction Thread : Glass Houses and Rocks

skins island connection

I feel like the Skins are going to win.. but being realistic - going into the half I see..

Giants 6, Skins 17

After it's all said and done I see the typical nail biter leading into a Giants win.. Giants 28, Skins 27

That's kind of the annoying part about this season. No matter how big a lead we get, it will eventualy shrink because the defense will allow long drives, and our offense will get out of sync, and go three and out. I'd feel more comfortable about this game if we trade blow for blow throughout the game, rather than ending up with a double digit lead.

I'm torn on this one. The Giants OL is having a tremendous season thus far. I think they've only given up like 3 sacks so far this season. So I can see us having trouble getting to Eli, and thus giving him all sorts of time to pick us apart. The last few games, we've started off slow as well. I see us in a hole early just like the Vikings game. However, the Giants are far from the best defense we've faced. So I see our O catching up to make it a game. Unfortunately, I see the Def getting tired at the end and allowing Eli to march down the field for a last second FG:

Giants - 34

Skins - 31

The Skins beat this team twice last year.. without RGIII. Our offense is putting points up now and I don't think that will change even though they have a good Defense. The problem is our Defense... injuries have really had an impact and now they face one of the better offenses in the league. Eli is solid and difficult to rattle. Our secondary really scares me against this team but then I felt the same about the Falcons game and that was a game we could have won. I think we split with the Giants this year and they get this first one.

Skins - 28

Giants - 38

coughlin is such a great game planner that he let Rex Grossman beat him handily twice...

sorry I don't buy it.

The giants beat the Pats twice due to 1 lucky play...

Lucky plays are fine, but they still had to finish both games against N.E. which they did. Saying the Giants were lucky is just burying your head in the sand. As for why Washington won both last year, its called matchups..some teams match up well against others. That's why you play 16 games. Interesting the matchup you guys won with twice last year is not there this year. This is a much different Washington team.

I don't give predictions but close and high scoring seems most likely unless Washington cannot run the ball.

Both teams have been putting up a ton of points. I'll take the Giants because their defense is MUCH better than the Skins and much more capable of even a shut-down game than the Skins D. And in the end I think the Giants have a much more talented offense. Giants are better in just about every area on the offensive side. Better QB (although RGIII has been great), WAY better receivers, better o-line. I'll give the Skins the slight edge at RB and TE.

Giants 38

Skins 27

This is the toughest defense RG3 and the offense will face because of the Giants front four. Very fast and very disruptive. The Shanahans will have to scheme carefully to protect RG3. The Skins secondary is Eli Manning's dream matchup with Cruz and Nicks possibly having a field day. However, I see and nip and tuck affair and the Skins will always have a chance with #10 on the field.

Skins: 31

Giants: 28

Smurfs 33

Redskins 19

God I better be wrong.

Giants look scary. I see things getting ugly with our pass defense which will make Manning look like the league MVP. More so the schemes we call. Our offense will have problems on the ground, facing a giant defense that destroyed the number 1 ground team 49ers. :(

HTTR :logo:

I don't buy the 9ers game as proof of the Giants being anything special. They were juiced up and extra motivated by Harbaugh and crew mouthing off since last year and went in with a mission. The 9ers helped them by only giving Gore 8 carries, going away from their strength, and trying to go with a pass first offense early.

I like our chances. Calling 27-24 Skins.

I don't like our chances at all this week. Good news is that at 3-3, these next two games are house money for me, as I would be happy simply beating Carolina to be 4-5 at the bye.

But I don't see it happening this week for several reasons....

1. The Giants are obviously a better team

2. Homefield

3. Giants do have a history of letting down and losing games they shouldn't. But EVERYONE is talking about that and asking them about that this week which would seem to greatly reduce our chances of a sneak attack

4. Eli has been sensational this season which clearly plays against our greatest weakness

5. Law of averages....are the Giants really going to go 0-3 in the division?

6. Giants are smart defensively and will likely be motivated to not be on the next RG3 highlight reel. Their DE's will give us problems and we don't have the WRs to expose them deep like other teams have

7. I'm going to the game

Trust me, #7 trumps them all. Big time.

Giants 31, Redskins 17

Kleese, my "glass is half empty" friend. You bleed the B&G, and I respect that your POV is always less "homerific" than mine. :)

May you go to NYC and bring us home a W. Get it done, brother. Happy travels. :)

It'll probably come down to Eli doing what he does every other week. He's down 7-17 points in the 2nd half and our defense can't ever stop anybody when they need to. Our offense starts playing not to lose. Can we do what we haven't done yet this season against the QB that does this to everybody?

The only thing that makes me wonder is that we somehow did it twice last year. Also RG3 is capable of making plays to overcome the fail offense we seem to run with a 10+ point lead. That and maybe the "Bob" comments will serve as motivation because I seriously doubt the players even know how bad the Giants owner screwed the team over in the offseason.

---------- Post added October-17th-2012 at 01:14 AM ----------

This is the game we usually lose after a win. RG3 might be the difference but I'm not going to expect it. Giants 27 Redskins 24.

Im predicting another Redskins W, I think we match up well against the Giants and that showed last year.

The Giants are built to stop the elite passing teams, a great strategy that has shown quite effective down the stretch and in the playoffs. They have fast penetrating linemen that give bigger plodding o-lines fits. The Redskins however, as we all know run the ZBS and Shannahan in particular gets smaller more athletic linemen to run this scheme. What this means for the Redskins? Run blocking becomes a lot more effective, my belief is that the smaller penetrating d-linemen of the Giants won't hold up at the POA all that well(compared to more stout stronger d-lines we've faced), and this will allow the Redskins linemen to get on the 2nd level to create some runs for big gains.

Eli, for whatever reason, can't seem to get it done v Haslett, I believe I just read he has 6 INTs and 1 TD v the Skins since Has has been the DC. My theory is that Eli, much like his brother Peyton, is very reliant on intelligent pre-snap reads, and confident in his reads. However Haslett, as someone pointed out in another thread, likes to disguise/roll his coverage, this can cause fits for a QB who believes there seeing one thing and that throw x will be open, but then the play starts and they're seeing something totally different and player x is not open at all.

Just a couple of theories I have as to why the Redskins match up so well against the Giants.

My prediction Redskins 30 Giants 27 (another defensive TD)

Im predicting another Redskins W, I think we match up well against the Giants and that showed last year.

The Giants are built to stop the elite passing teams, a great strategy that has shown quite effective down the stretch and in the playoffs. They have fast penetrating linemen that give bigger plodding o-lines fits. The Redskins however, as we all know run the ZBS and Shannahan in particular gets smaller more athletic linemen to run this scheme. What this means for the Redskins? Run blocking becomes a lot more effective, my belief is that the smaller penetrating d-linemen of the Giants won't hold up at the POA all that well(compared to more stout stronger d-lines we've faced), and this will allow the Redskins linemen to get on the 2nd level to create some runs for big gains.

Eli, for whatever reason, can't seem to get it done v Haslett, I believe I just read he has 6 INTs and 1 TD v the Skins since Has has been the DC. My theory is that Eli, much like his brother Peyton, is very reliant on intelligent pre-snap reads, and confident in his reads. However Haslett, as someone pointed out in another thread, likes to disguise/roll his coverage, this can cause fits for a QB who believes there seeing one thing and that throw x will be open, but then the play starts and they're seeing something totally different and player x is not open at all.

Just a couple of theories I have as to why the Redskins match up so well against the Giants.

49ers are not a great passing team. Last year Washington beat the Giants with its defense. This current team though much better overall, does not have the same presence on the defensive side of the ball. Doesn't mean they can't win, but going by prior years victories I don't think is applicable now.

Wow! Maybe that's Peyton struggled so much against Atlanta and San Diego (early on in the game). I know SD runs a 3-4 and Atlanta LOVES to disguise coverages (which helps make up for some of their defieciences in their secondary) Great post.

Archived