Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins / Giants Prediction Thread : Glass Houses and Rocks

skins island connection

Prediction... We win the toss and defer. The Giants get an easy early score on our D, the defer questioned by this fan. The crowd very loud as III jogs out. Kyle does his best to keep the Giants off balance, and goes back to the same vanilla offense we saw in the first half against Atlanta. NFC East battles tend to be low scoring conservative affairs. Under center more often than not. we largely run run pass. The Giants are keyed on Morris of course so its tough sledding early. He trucks a DB and does some damage and he leads us to a pair of FG's. Our WR's held in check.

Down a couple scores at half, Skins fans are nervous, the Giants fans celebrating a big lead. We get the ball and Kyle has no alternative but to let III do what he does best. Heavy play action, slants to Davis, Option pitch to Banks, fumbles out of bounds, and he lives another day. Morris does serious damage, their D starting to sweat and feel the Mo'Elowibitum slipping away. Our D picks off Eli to counter our 3rd blocked punt. But we come storming back, led by Kyle using III to his strengths.

RGIII after scoring his 2nd running TD late, fakes doing the landfill leap, does a little dance instead and we emerge victorious.

Redskins 29, Giants 27

Nobody on ESPN is picking the Skins to win. I'm EXTREMELY happy about this

same with CBS Sportsline ... pretty good so far. those guys all layed eggs last week, including our Minny game.

You guys think the Shannys have the balls to really surprise us with something on the offensive side of the ball?? I hope so ... cause we are going to need the proverbial "ace up our sleeve." for this game.

I think we have seen a lot of the surprises, but I think there is more to be added. Changes also include dialing back doing the things with III we are all but expecting on almost ever play. Using his wheels, play action, in the pistol. I think the Shans covet not being predictable week to week.

I will not stop wanting it... yep I want to see the hurry up used once this year. We already know, the Giants think they will be able to sub DT's in and out on every play. One of these days, I want the Shanny's to not let that guy huffing for air, off the field. Run Morris right at him, over and over.

I want to see a little trickery, maybe even a fake punt. I have a feeling our trickery this year will involve Banks. I would like to see Robinson get some of Banks offensive snaps though, if at full health. Do we have anyone on offense that played a little QB in high school? I think III lined up wide may be a play you won't want to miss.

A co-worker asked me today about why we haven't gone after Plaxico Buress, and I laughed at him.

Then, as I thought about it, he does have the height advantage needed, and ya gotta admit, to see him jogging out of the tunnel at Giants stadium would cause the crowd to drop their jaws, but i'm not sold on the idea of him being a team player.

But it does bring up the point about the receivers, with the taller ones not having any speed, the faster ones lack of height, unless Armstrong wakes up, since Davis hasn't met expectations and Hankerson's lack of separation...

SIC

A co-worker asked me today about why we haven't gone after Plaxico Buress, and I laughed at him.

Then, as I thought about it, he does have the height advantage needed, and ya gotta admit, to see him jogging out of the tunnel at Giants stadium would cause the crowd to drop their jaws, but i'm not sold on the idea of him being a team player.

But it does bring up the point about the receivers, with the taller ones not having any speed, the faster ones lack of height, unless Armstrong wakes up, since Davis hasn't met expectations and Hankerson's lack of separation...

SIC

Davis has 23 catches and is averaging 13 YPC..he isn't lighting it up but I wouldn't say he isn't living up to expectations. He just needs more TDs and WR help.

Who is this Armstrong you speak of??

I agree about Hank, unfortunately..I was rooting extremely hard for this kid, but he just doesn't have it.

I think we'll come to ball, but I do think the Giants pull this one out =\

Something like 34-21 Giants

The Skins beat the Gnats twice last year and the Skins have made tremendous improvements at QB and receiver. Davis is starting to look like he belongs in the NFL. Having said that the OL remains the same as it was last year. With the offense stronger and the defense about the same, I'll guess that the Skins do it again.

Skins 24, Gnats 17.

The Skins beat the Gnats twice last year and the Skins have made tremendous improvements at QB and receiver. Davis is starting to look like he belongs in the NFL. Having said that the OL remains the same as it was last year. With the offense stronger and the defense about the same, I'll guess that the Skins do it again.

Skins 24, Gnats 17.

Not only that but the Skins beat the Giants the 2nd time without the 2 best players on the offense, Williams and Davis, and the Giants needed every win to get into the playoffs but since the Cowboys had their normal December the Giants got in anyway. Most years that win would have knocked the Giants out.

Davis has 23 catches and is averaging 13 YPC..he isn't lighting it up but I wouldn't say he isn't living up to expectations. He just needs more TDs and WR help.

Who is this Armstrong you speak of??

I agree about Hank, unfortunately..I was rooting extremely hard for this kid, but he just doesn't have it.

I think we'll come to ball, but I do think the Giants pull this one out =\

Something like 34-21 Giants

lol, why, I don't know, but Armstrong's name is stuck in my head, even if he is elsewhere. I kinda had that feeling about him that I did for Hankerson last year; maybe I need to start drinking again.

The idea of bulking Hankerson up and convertying him to TE has crossed my mind, but at this point aI doubt it would do any good. He just doesn't have any burst of speed, more like a lumbering run; Davis needs to focus more on catching the balls coming his way, maybe even going up for 1 once in awhile; I have more faith in Davis than Hankerson, but thats not really saying much, unless he decides he wants to be a perennial pro-bowler, which he's capable of, if he puts his mind to it...

Plaxico couldn't keep his Ferrari under a 100 mph and would be suspended the first week.

Davis is having to block with Cooley gone and is doing a fine job.

Armstrong is in Miami

Hankerson slowed by hip surgery

Morgan has recovered from broken leg and is stepping up the pace

Archived