Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins / Giants Prediction Thread : Glass Houses and Rocks

skins island connection

49ers are not a great passing team. Last year Washington beat the Giants with its defense. This current team though much better overall, does not have the same presence on the defensive side of the ball. Doesn't mean they can't win, but going by prior years victories I don't think is applicable now.

49ers were forced to pass playing from behind, which forced them to play to the giants strength their pass rush.

While our defense may not have the same presence as you describe, I still like them and hasletts play calling when playing against Eli.

I'm predicting 2+ turnovers from Eli, and three rushes of 20+ yards.

49ers were forced to pass playing from behind, which forced them to play to the giants strength their pass rush.

While our defense may not have the same presence as you describe, I still like them and hasletts play calling when playing against Eli.

They werent forced to it was their (erroneous) gameplan from the start that wasnt helped by some bad holding penalties when they did get good runs. They called 15 passes to 6 runs in their first 3 drives before Smith threw a pick and leading 3-0 in the second. All downhill from there.

Giants have been so unpredictable this year what team will show up?

Yeah, we say the Redskins play up to good teams and down to the bad teams but the Giants do this more than anybody. They can be swept by the Redskins but then turn around and spank the Jets, Cowboys, then destroy Atlanta and Green Bay on the road in the playoffs, luck by the 49ers and then beat the Pats again in the Super Bowl, Then this year they smoke the 49ers because they feel disrespected somehow.

Maybe this can work to our advantage this week. I wonder if Shanahan has informed the players how bad the Giants owner screwed our team over and I wonder if the players would even care?

This is a game where I would pull out all the stops, I wouldn't start with the stretch play, i'd loosen it up early and often. I'd approach this game like NO, quick passes, limit RGs runs and take shots down field. We are not expected to win, we have nothing to lose, If we win, we are sitting pretty good.

Redskins 28-24

Optimistic thinking from me -

While our defensive secondary has been very vulnerable; they are getting some cohesion playing together (through my burgundy glasses). I do think that our secondary will be the key to winning and if they play as good or better than they did last week we have a very good chance to win this game. I pick the Redskins 31 to 16.

This is a game where I would pull out all the stops, I wouldn't start with the stretch play, i'd loosen it up early and often. I'd approach this game like NO, quick passes, limit RGs runs and take shots down field. We are not expected to win, we have nothing to lose, If we win, we are sitting pretty good.

Redskins 28-24

If you guys do this...its over early. No running game established ...no win.

Join me in renewing the rivalry between fans, show your support (even if my posts are absurd)... http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?21186-Redskins-going-to-sweeP-you-Again!!!-Rg3-to-0wn-nyC.

Its guys like you that, if we win, make coming to work Monday morning to visit these boards worth it. Why is it so difficult for people to talk football without coming off like an A-Hole?

Why is everone acting like the giants are world beaters just because they beat the 9ers Sun!? Yes the giants are a good team and so are the 9ers, but I believe the vikings were the first team to beat the 9ers this year and were 4-1 before we beat them Sun. I think it will be a good game with the D making a big play in the 4th to seal the W

Skins-31

giants-27

Eli has 1 TD and 6 INTs in his 4 games against the Shanahan led Redskins. his last game was 0 TDs and 3 INTs.

Giants won't run on us, so if Eli keeps being the Eli of those 4 games, Redskins win.

Maybe Hasletts philosophy of making QB's sustain long drives works in our favor against impatient Eli who is used to his receivers making big plays several times a game. While our defense is frustrating to watch we definitely aren't giving up very many big plays while still getting at least our share of takeaways.

I posted the following to another thread (out of place there, I think..oh well, live and learn):

There are at least 36 million reasons of hate for the Redskins to want to beat the Giants the next 2 years, and I'm guessing that 9 million will come into play this weekend. (I'm sure that Danbruce Snyderallen have let the players know that 18 million of love could have been spread around the team this year...Giants basically ripped 18 million out Redskins players pockets this year...that would sure piss me off and want retribution)

Before Sunday’s game, MN was #2 in defense in yards allowed per play. I think the Giants D-line is marginally better than MN’s; but, they've had a little more tape to study and now a LOT more time to prepare for RGIII's athleticism. I'm guessing they'll keep a spy in to keep RGIII contained…I think that that will help Morris will break out for over 100 yards (MN held him to 47) and keep the score down and time of possession in favor of Washington. I’d love to see the Redskins use two (maybe 3) tight ends and utilize utility players like Paulsen and Young over the middle until they drop from exhaustion. Highlighting the utility players in a blue-collar, smash mouth, dink and dunk scheme, instead of trying to force it to the marquee players, would definitely keep the Giants defense confused and off balance.

The Redskins losses have been to good/great QB's with at least 2 legitimate receiving threats (Giants definitely have that mix of QB and targets) and the Redskins defense allowed the QB to sit in the pocket and pick the secondary apart. Manning is a beast and he WILL do the same IF Haslett allows him to stay comfortable in the pocket.

I’m predicting an upset though: 26-17 in favor of Redskins where Kai Forbush keeps us ahead by 6 throughout, with a late field goal to ice the game to 2 scores.

I'm pretty sure the team we just beat made the 49ers look pretty sloppy as well. Not as bad and definitely not a deciding factor but is relevant. I think the Giants are a quick strike team like the Falcons and don't enjoy the underneath stuff we give them, plus with the extra pressure from the pass rush with rotating guys like LoAL we will fair well. Still need a big day from Morris to help RG3. But I think we have a good day......38-31 Skins.

Archived