Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bus Driver Punches Girl in Cleveland, Ohio

CrypticVillain

I am not saying he should go to jail. I just wouldn't be mad if they suspended him for a month or two w/pay. And the little girl should be put on a lifetime ban from riding public transit.

It's not that he was a man, but he is an adult. I been on the train when them little bammas were disrespectful to me and other people. One even pushed my head from the back. I am 6' 6" and I like to eat ;) How would I look punching on a 15 year old girl? :ols: Come on y'all

Yeah, heard it on an Ohio news station. Besides, I can tell by her demeanor that she wasn't older.

Gee, he gets a month or two and she gets life? Where is that balanced?

This won't have any effect on anyone. Why should it, I'm only a faceless poster on an internet message board who's chances are will never meet the vast majority of you. If any at all.

But FWIW, I'm as utterly disgusted by some of the POV being expressed here as I am about either of the protagonists in the OP video.

This certainly is an eye opener to how people really think.

Hail.

I wouldn't even go that far though GHH. There are too many variables in this situation to be truly disgusted by what people are saying. It's more of a this unruly chick was talking mad trash and she got what she deserved, no matter who did the punishing. I understand that.

But I am old school. You don't put your hands on a woman... let alone a girl. Yeah she acted like a man, but a REAL MAN would have handled the situation better.

The rest of you who think that any person has the right to beat down another person, especially one younger than themselves, needs to grow up and evolve. That attitude is very juvenile.

Does this also apply to the female?

I don't believe he should have hit her. But once you haul off and hit a bus driver in the face you're endangering yourself and others around you. I don't agree that because she hit him and backed up she would be off limits. He should have gotten up and kicked her off the bus. Without the punch.

But no one should punch someone else and expect there to be no reciprocation of some kind. It's part of why our society is crumbling.

But again... there is NO way he should have decked her like that.

And WTF is "acting like a lady" except code for sitting there quietly, keeping her legs close together while wearing a nice skirt, and all those other demure things?

While I actually agree with you here, doesn't that also mean that if she hits someone she should be subject to the same consequence as anyone else would?

Basically, if this were a 15 year old boy striking the bus driver, does that make the whole thing okay? I'd say no. On both accounts. But I have a feeling, and it really is just a feeling, that some here would think it was okay, because the boy is more of a "physical threat".

Don't put your hands on others. If you do, expect something in return.

That said, what the bus driver did was EXCESSIVE. One punch does not equate to a total beat down.

There is a code for acting correctly in public that applies to everyone, not just females. She violated the code. The bus driver must have received training on how to handle such a situation, why didn't he do as trained, whatever that was? I'm sure it wasn't to beat, choke and throw a paying passenger off of his bus.

I agree here. Almost 100%. Except one part. The paying passenger part. Once she struck him, she loses the right to that claim. She violated terms of use, I'm sure.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Isn't that we are all taught?

Yes, but some people abuse that because they know people can't retort.

A lot of ignorance displayed by both sides.

Outside of your life being in imminent danger, I can't justify putting hands on a woman under any circumstances.

Taking it to the level that he did was entirely unnecessary, there were other methods to resolving that situation.

If that girl doesn't switch up her attitude, something much worse than what happened in that video is probably in her future.

It's really easy to say he should have walked away and called the cops sitting at a computer desk on a Redskins forum.

Your thinking isn't the same when you're in an altercation with someone and they are physically striking you in the head.

It's not as simple as people are making it out to be to just walk away from someone attacking you.

She got back on and he choked her out...... HE CHOKED HER OUT!!! Come on man, none of that. None of that......

I have less objections to choking her, it is a control measure whereas the punch is less so.

better to avoid both though

I wouldn't even go that far though GHH. There are too many variables in this situation to be truly disgusted by what people are saying. It's more of a this unruly chick was talking mad trash and she got what she deserved, no matter who did the punishing. I understand that.

But I am old school. You don't put your hands on a woman... let alone a girl. Yeah she acted like a man, but a REAL MAN would have handled the situation better.

She didn't get what she deserved. The driver didn't deserve to be assaulted by her. She sure as heck didn't deserve to be assaulted by him.

Getting 'what she deserved' would of been for him to ask her to leave his bus before he even got into a verbal altercation with her. And if she refused, then calling the cops/ bus company whomever for assistance to remove her. But a pre-meditated (please can the next bonehead spare me the self defense B/S) action of taking time to tell her what he's gona' do and then getting up, following her down the bus and punching, dragging and then choking her (made worse by the fact she's a child and he's a grown man, aside from the female factor. Or the fact that he's a public servant) is NOT getting what she deserves.

It's black and white here. I don't see how anyone can try justify it as not on the basis of two wrongs making a right. She did, so he had the right to do back.

How is this so hard for people to comprehend?

Hail.

Folks, let's not forget, this occurred in Cleveland. Cleveland...a disgusting place which no one of right mind should ever set foot. My points are as follows:

1. I'm not surprised by any of this.

2. It would sadden me if anything that happened in Cleveland resulted in an extended board argument between Skins fans, temp bans, anything. Nothing that happens in Cleveland is worth it.

3. I haven't seen the video, it's blocked at work, but from the descriptions, it sounds like the uppercut was over the line. I have no problems with him grabbing her and physically removing her from the bus, but the punch I'd have a hard time condoning.

And yes, for those wondering, I have been to Cleveland, had family there, had an uncle who was a city police sergeant for 20+ years. Never go there.

I am not saying he should go to jail. I just wouldn't be mad if they suspended him for a month or two w/pay. And the little girl should be put on a lifetime ban from riding public transit.

It's not that he was a man, but he is an adult. I been on the train when them little bammas were disrespectful to me and other people. One even pushed my head from the back. I am 6' 6" and I like to eat ;) How would I look punching on a 15 year old girl? :ols: Come on y'all

I was operating under the assumption that he would be fired. Legally justifiable or not this is a PR nightmare and I'm sure that he didn't act as his employers would have preferred, especially PRIOR to the girl assaulting him.

It's really easy to say he should have walked away and called the cops sitting at a computer desk on a Redskins forum.

Your thinking isn't the same when you're in an altercation with someone and they are physically striking you in the head.

It's not as simple as people are making it out to be to just walk away from someone attacking you.

I just said I was in a simlar situation on the train. Except it was a boy. I could have destroyed him, but how would that make me look.

Unless you take public transportation a lot, you just don't know how much restraint you have to have just to get through one day with these little punks. I want to layeth the smacketh down on these little rugrats. But I can't. Unless I am in serious danger, I keep calm.

Dude was in danger, but she stopped hitting him. He got up and caught her with that shoryuken. I can't defend him after that.

Folks, let's not forget, this occurred in Cleveland. Cleveland...a disgusting place which no one of right mind should ever set foot. My points are as follows:

2. It would sadden me if anything that happened in Cleveland resulted in an extended board argument between Skins fans, temp bans, anything. Nothing that happens in Cleveland is worth it.

3. I haven't seen the video, it's blocked at work, but from the descriptions, it sounds like the uppercut was over the line. I have no problems with him grabbing her and physically removing her from the bus, but the punch I'd have a hard time condoning.

And yes, for those wondering, I have been to Cleveland, had family there, had an uncle who was a city police sergeant for 20+ years. Never go there.

Oh, so now you're going to slander an entire city? I know people in Cleveland. Like any city, it has its good points and its bad. Despite the tough times, there's a lot of good things about that town.

In fact, I should punch you in the chin for that post, choke you out, and then throw you off this board.

[in case anyone is wondering, that first part is written in earnest. The second, not so much.]

This is a pretty dumb thing to say. All places in this country have bad elements whether it's an urban or rural area. Just because you've been to Cleveland doesn't mean you know anything about it.

She didn't get what she deserved. The driver didn't deserve to be assaulted by her. She sure as heck didn't deserve to be assaulted by him.

Getting 'what she deserved' would of been for him to ask her to leave his bus before he even got into a verbal altercation with her. And if she refused, then calling the cops/ bus company whomever for assistance to remove her. But a pre-meditated (please can the next bonehead spare me the self defense B/S) action of taking time to tell her what he's gona' do and then getting up, following her down the bus and punching, dragging and then choking her (made worse by the fact she's a child and he's a grown man, aside from the female factor. Or the fact that he's a public servant) is NOT getting what she deserves.

It's black and white here. I don't see how anyone can try justify it as not on the basis of two wrongs making a right. She did, so he had the right to do back.

How is this so hard for people to comprehend?

Hail.

When I said she got what she deserved, I am saying it based on the fact that she started all of it. She hit him first. You don't do that.

Yeah, the beat down was unnecessary from the man's point of view, but you can't hit people and expect to not get hit back. If she hit somebody around her age first, she would have got hit back. But like I said, what dude did was way over the line. Shame on both

If that girl doesn't switch up her attitude, something much worse than what happened in that video is probably in her future.

Her parents need to clamp down on her or you are 100% right. Someone so brash like that will end up being that way to the wrong person who will do way worse than throw a punch.

Hell, she came back on the bus after him even after being laid out.

I was operating under the assumption that he would be fired. Legally justifiable or not this is a PR nightmare and I'm sure that he didn't act as his employers would have preferred, especially PRIOR to the girl assaulting him.

When you're right, you're right. He was completely unprofessional prior to him hitting her. But I know how these kids are Destino, I am almost 100% sure she started it. I don't want the man to lose his job because he was provoked. Even though she is a kid and he should have risen above that.

Like I said, this whole situation sucks.

Don't be naive enough to think a 15 year old girl can't **** you up. Badly. Note too that this driver had his eyes on the road the whole time and got hit from behind. At that point he doesn't know what else this person might do... If she's willing to punch a man in the head, she's capable of violence with weapons. There are crazy ass people out there... young and old.

Oh, so now you're going to slander an entire city? I know people in Cleveland. Like any city, it has its good points and its bad. Despite the tough times, there's a lot of good things about that town.
This is a pretty dumb thing to say. All places in this country have bad elements whether it's an urban or rural area. Just because you've been to Cleveland doesn't mean you know anything about it.

No, it was a pretty tounge-in-cheek thing to say, though perhaps I should have added a smile thing. However, I spent quite a bit more time there than "just having been" and I pretty much stand by my tounge-in-cheekness. If I was going to seriously "slander an entire city" as Dan put it, I'm pretty sure Cleveland would be at the top of my list. I also stand by my comment that nothing Cleveland related should cause a board schism.

But enough of my attempts at levity, by all means go back to the argument at hand. I'm ready for it to begin its fifth circle.

Archived