Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you Feel the cause of R3G getting hurt is due to Kyles game plan, run run run.

NewCliche21

Not this week. Absolutely not. The game plan was very conservative. Griffin was actually getting hit less than at any other point during the season I felt. It was a Rookie mistake by a talented kid that wants to fight for every yard and score a touchdown every time out.

Running the quarterback all the time will turn him into a injury prone bust.

Now is the time for the great people of this site to call me ignorant and call for me to be banned.

People don't want to admit that having RG3 run a lot will get him knocked out. This time it was a mild concussion. What will it be next time?

I'm pretty sure our ****ty o-line is the reason for him getting hurt. Look at how quickly they got exposed with Cousins in there. If he could have stood in the pocket, we'd not be talking about this nonsense. I am really beginning to doubt Shanahan as a personnel guy.

honestly I feel people are getting too angry.

RGIII is playing good for a rookie, and the latter of that statement is important to realize.

name a team who won the Super Bowl with a rookie QB.

yes the Jets made it to the AFC championship with Sanchez, but with a top defense and running game. we just have the running game.

I honestly feel we do have enough of a supporting cast to make a super bowl run (last two super bowl winners had weak secondaries). but the QB is a rookie, no matter how much poise, or how veteran he plays, or intangibles, nothing changes him being a rookie.

that said, it may be through Burgundy tinted glasses, but I feel the current team can beat any other team. this of course doesn't mean we will.

honestly I feel people are getting too angry.

RGIII is playing good for a rookie, and the latter of that statement is important to realize.

name a team who won the Super Bowl with a rookie QB.

yes the Jets made it to the AFC championship with Sanchez, but with a top defense and running game. we just have the running game.

I honestly feel we do have enough of a supporting cast to make a super bowl run (last two super bowl winners had weak secondaries). but the QB is a rookie, no matter how much poise, or how veteran he plays, or intangibles, nothing changes him being a rookie.

that said, it may be through Burgundy tinted glasses, but I feel the current team can beat any other team. this of course doesn't mean we will.

I completely agree with you. RGIII is playing at a much higher level then anyone could have expected or predicted. He's only going to get better.

Also, the skins are competitive every week. they can beat any team in the league but they won't always come out on top. It's going to take a better defense and a few more play makers on offense to help him out. An offensive line and a kicker wouldn't hurt either :D

he ran twice... both scrambles.

You gonna tell him stand still?

^ This. People are really getting their panties in a bunch. If your going to blame someone, blame RG3. He should have just throw the ball away. He who runs and throws away lives to play another day.

People don't want to admit that having RG3 run a lot will get him knocked out. This time it was a mild concussion. What will it be next time?

They will see soon enough and we can be there to talk about quarterbacks like Matt Ryan while at the same time reminding we told them so. Matt Ryan, a quarterback who NEVER runs, a quarterback who is ALWAYS healthy, what a strange combination.

RGIII runs for two reasons: 1. We don't have top flight receivers that consistently get open; 2. Our O-line literally goes from good to awful as you go from the left to right tackle. We can't seem to pass unless we're out of the shotgun/pistol, running play-action, or boot-legging. I don't blame Kyle for this... He's working with what he has.

I'm pretty sure our ****ty o-line is the reason for him getting hurt. Look at how quickly they got exposed with Cousins in there. If he could have stood in the pocket' date=' we'd not be talking about this nonsense. I am really beginning to doubt Shanahan as a personnel guy.[/quote']

When he got here, our entire team was bad, not like he can get replace everyone with top draft picks in 3 years, especially when we give away 3 picks to move up for 1 player, which I am not arguing for or against. He made a mistake with McGroundball, even he knows that. And the Mara-Goodell conspiracy put our FA signing $18mil in the hole for 2 seasons the day before FA started. Next seaon, lets see if he concentrates on O-Line and DBs before we call him a bad personnel guy.

When he got here, our entire team was bad, not like he can get replace everyone with top draft picks in 3 years, especially when we give away 3 picks to move up for 1 player, which I am not arguing for or against. He made a mistake with McGroundball, even he knows that. And the Mara-Goodell conspiracy put our FA signing $18mil in the hole for 2 seasons the day before FA started. Next seaon, lets see if he concentrates on O-Line and DBs before we call him a bad personnel guy.

I'm still on his bandwagon, but he makes a lot of stupid knee-jerk decisions, too. From the get go, he brought in the never-successful Haslett to shoe-horn in a 3-4 defense when it is really no better than any other D. He traded for McFlabb when we should have been trying to get younger through the draft. Moreover, he has spent so much in draft picks and money to bring in receivers and running backs each years (Gaffney, Austin, Hankerson, Helu, Paul, Royster, Robinson, Stallworth, Torain, etc... We could have used those resources on developing a better O-line. Of course, there's also Shanahan cutting Gano for whatever reason (it couldn't have been football related) and signing Cundwhiff.

Running the quarterback all the time will turn him into a injury prone bust.

Now is the time for the great people of this site to call me ignorant and call for me to be banned.

These two posts must have been made simply because the Redskins lost and there is some anger.

RG3 getting hurt was an accident. He tried to slide, but he did it too late. It wasn't a called run, it can't be pinned on Shanahan.

Morris had 18 carries in a game he was averaging 7 yds a carry.

18. And you think we were stuck on run?

Morris should've had 25-30 carries this game.

He only had 18 carries because Atlanta dominated time of possession holding the ball for 15 more minutes. The Redskins only ran 45 plays total. If they'd have run a normal game's worth of plays, he'd have had about 25 carries.

He only had 18 carries because Atlanta dominated time of possession holding the ball for 15 more minutes. The Redskins only ran 45 plays total. If they'd have run a normal game's worth of plays, he'd have had about 25 carries.

Not to mention that the running lanes dried up when Cousins came in because ATL just stacked the line.

You had the lead and a running game averaging over 6yds/carry. IMO Kyle should have run the crap out of the ball and kept the ball out of Ryans hands. I am not in any way saying that Kyle called a poor game, but I am wondering why we didn't control the clock when the running game was working so well. Let our defense rest a little.

I've got no beef with the Shanahans this game. Going 0-fer on 3rd downs kills any offense, and the more conservative gameplan was perfect for the opponent. This was the first opponent we did not want to get into a shootout with, and I think both the Off and Def followed the plan perfectly for 3 quarters.

Back to the play in question... throw the ball away, or get out of bounds. You're more valuable than those extra yards.

The playcalling really had nothing to do with the injury, but I thought it was atrocious, especially in the first half. There's no flow to Kyle's playcalling, there never has been. And, we are horrendous on third down conversions. Here's the deal: Kyle's hiring has smacked of nepotism from day one, and I haven't seen anything during his tenure here to convince me that he deserves this job on merit. His daddy wants to make sure his son is employed. It's especially frustrating because with an NFL caliber playcaller, we would have won this game.

That play was not a designed run.

RGIII is a rookie that wants to win, and like a typical rookie, he feels like he has to do everything, on every play....even the impossible. Instead of throwing it away or immediately going to the sideline, he did what young QBs often do, try to fight for the extra 1/2 yard that in the big picture is meaningless, and got himself hurt.

The hope here is that RGIII learns from this rather then continue to do that the way Vick continues to do it, which gets himself hurt over and over again.

If you look at today's gameplan there weren't many (if at all) designed run plays for RGIII, even on the 3rd & 1 in the redzone earlier in the game, when I was 100% certain they were going to playfake to Morris and RGIII was going to run the other way.....

RGIII's injury as zero to do with the play calling, IMO.

Archived