Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you Feel the cause of R3G getting hurt is due to Kyles game plan, run run run.

NewCliche21

Sorry to all you Redskins fans who dont jump on fans, try to embarrass them or be disrespectful to others. I was pissed and drank way too many when writing this main thread, but no since in any one on here trying to put me down or disrespect me. I have no patients for A-holes and never will. I never called him a name or did anything to get banned, but if they chose to do so because I don't take peoples **** then so be it. But no offense to you especially Con, I enjoy good Redskin fans to chat and conversate with. Hopefully our team will turn it around and for the love of God can we please have at least 1 season we dont lose stars and hal;f the team to injuries.

Oooooo. Doesn't take **** on an internet message board. Way to stand your ground there tough guy. For the record books,yes you did do something to get yourself banned,(but you edited it out. Which says something there too.). Actually,both guys who quoted you could be in trouble for quoting the rule violation,but we'll let that go today. :)

Griffin got injured in the way Big Ben sometimes gets his injuries...trying way too hard to extend the passing play. So, even if RGIII did not have world class speed, this particular injury could have easily happened to someone less mobile but still mobile like Big Ben because it was a passing play in which he held the ball too long.

Griffin got injured in the way Big Ben sometimes gets his injuries...trying way too hard to extend the passing play. So, even if RGIII did not have world class speed, this particular injury could have easily happened to someone less mobile but still mobile like Big Ben because it was a passing play in which he held the ball too long.

I was shouting "throw it away, throw it away!" on that play. He'll learn. I hope.

yep i agree,, this is what happens when you have a running qb,,, they usually don't last too long in the nfl,,got to play smarter. that will come with experience and gettin hit a few more times

I keep hearing the statement that running quarterbacks don't last long in the league. While I do not see Robert Griffin as a running quarterback, I have to ask, which running quarterback did not last long in the league? Did he not last due to being a runner? It's not even clear what defines a running quarterback. When Michael Vick first came into the league he, in my opinion, may have been an example of a running quarterback simply because he didn't do much else. Still Vick has played in the league for a decade. Who are the examples of running quarterbacks that didn't last long in the league?

I keep hearing the statement that running quarterbacks don't last long in the league. While I do not see Robert Griffin as a running quarterback, I have to ask, which running quarterback did not last long in the league? Did he not last due to being a runner? It's not even clear what defines a running quarterback. When Michael Vick first came into the league he, in my opinion, may have been an example of a running quarterback simply because he didn't do much else. Still Vick has played in the league for a decade. Who are the examples of running quarterbacks that didn't last long in the league?

Keep in mind you are talking about the guy who has played roughly the same number of incomplete seasons as complete ones.

Polumbus got blown up on the play he got flushed and was tempted to scramble.

Maybe addressing backup G and backup QB position before say, starting RT, is more the root cause of this specific play and why he got injured.

It was not a good year to address starting RT considering what we had to give up in the draft to get Griffin and the unexpected cap hit, unfortunately. It's not likely any guy we drafted to play on the line in place of Gettis or LeRibeus would be starting for us now and we did still address the position late with Compton.

The issue is typically not the length of their overall careers but the number of games they miss along the way. Guys like Brady and the Mannings almost never miss a game whereas your McNair, McNabb, Roethlisberger, and Vick types seemed to miss a game or two or three most seasons. It's obviously not the big deal that some make it out to be but it is something you have to think about.

Oooooo. Doesn't take **** on an internet message board. Way to stand your ground there tough guy. For the record books,yes you did do something to get yourself banned,(but you edited it out. Which says something there too.). Actually,both guys who quoted you could be in trouble for quoting the rule violation,but we'll let that go today. :)
thank you Park City and wont happen again, promise. You know I been here many years and never no trouble, I will keep my kewl my brotha and hope we don't cuff RG3 or any other weapon this season. I figure we wont be a playoff team till next year anyways so why not just enjoy watching our real QB for 1st time in 20 some years :)

My only problem was the lack of "play action or Bootlegs" being call. The run game was killing them,why not minipulate the defense with the play action? Hell, almost 98% of the play actions we did in that game worked,and it worked well
I think the scheme is good, but the play calling for the most part stinks.....I'm shocked at the lack of bootlegs and roll outs....I can't remember one time where we ran a bootleg or roll out on a 3rd and short.

i havent heard much about this, and i'm a little surprised by it. anyone have any hard numbers on play action or roll outs? i had thought that RG3s completion percentage and rating was really high when rolling out.

Archived