Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you Feel the cause of R3G getting hurt is due to Kyles game plan, run run run.

NewCliche21

Like I said; if the play works, then everyone is going "WOW, WHAT A CREATIVE PLAY CALL THAT WAS!". It just so happened on this particular day, it didn't work.

It's like the double pass versus Tampa Bay; if Banks throws the ball back and Robert fumbles it or he takes a big hit on the play, then everyone is wondering what the hell Kyle was thinking.

Last year versus the Eagles at FedEx, Kyle runs a Flea Flicker to Gaffney that got us down the field and it was a great call.

Late that year we run the same play and Rex underthrew it and it got picked off and it was a terrible decision.

We run the option and it works and everyone loves it. We run it and RG3 gets hit and everyone hates it. We don't run it at all and everyone complains we don't run it enough and don't work to RG3's strengths.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Fair enough. I just feel there was a lot more possibility for *damned if you do* with that call. We were 8-8 on goal to go getting TDs, line up and play football. It's done with though. Just think the coaches out think themselves sometimes is all, overall I'm happy with the Shanahan side of the ball.

That's not true though.

It seemed like the only thing people wanted us to do when Rex was in the game was run the ball. And there were a couple times when we ran the ball really well, and people complained that Kyle let off the gas and wasn't aggressive enough. So again, Kyle's damned if he does and damned if doesn't. If Rex goes out there and throws a pick and the next series Rex goes back out there and we throw the ball again, it doesn't even matter if we score on the drive; it was still a mistake for Kyle to throw no matter what,

When we have a balanced offense, then we're handcuffing Robert Griffin III and not letting him play. Now imagine if we had come out in that second half throwing instead of running the ball, and imagine the score is the same thing at the end. Then everyone would be complaining that we stopped running the ball when Alfred Morris was getting hot.

Kyle can't win.

It doesn't even take into account some of the balls Garcon and Moss and Davis dropped.

Yes, yes, and yes.

When headphones were out,RG3 did excellent job.

How about against the Vikings, let him call third down play and see if we can win a game at home?

What is our record on third downs?

---------- Post added October-8th-2012 at 01:50 AM ----------

R3G must be RG3 getting hit by the Falcons

Wait. What?

Not sure if the OP watched the game. RG3 was not running the ball at all today.

It is clear as day to me that Kyle and Mike have gone to great lengths to try to protect their investment. It was just an awkward play.

Hoping and praying RG3 is okay.

Too many moronic dropped passes and too little creativity (where was the option today?) accounted for a tepid product on the field. It was only a matter of time before the Falcons took over, they're more disciplined and consistent. We have some sparks now and again, but with such poor blocking, there's no fuel to keep the machine chugging along; there will always be a play or two to break the momentum, and that's not Kyle's fault.

We should have run more often. But Morris benefits from defenders respecting RG3's ability to run, so once he left the game, they stacked the box and forced Cousins to beat them. That burned them badly ONE TIME and worked the rest of the time because they only needed to rush three or four to get to him, resulting in embarrassing INTs.

Basically, I'm not blaming Kyle for most of what went down in the second half. The first half was badly called, but also badly executed.

How the hell was this Kyle's fault? I find it funny that many people will never point a finger at the prized franchise QB. :rolleyes:

He had the chance to throw it away or run out of bounds and he didn't. He paid the price and will hopefully learn from this. If not then he will have a short career.

honestly I feel people are getting too angry.

RGIII is playing good for a rookie, and the latter of that statement is important to realize.

name a team who won the Super Bowl with a rookie QB.

yes the Jets made it to the AFC championship with Sanchez, but with a top defense and running game. we just have the running game.

I honestly feel we do have enough of a supporting cast to make a super bowl run (last two super bowl winners had weak secondaries). but the QB is a rookie, no matter how much poise, or how veteran he plays, or intangibles, nothing changes him being a rookie.

that said, it may be through Burgundy tinted glasses, but I feel the current team can beat any other team. this of course doesn't mean we will.

I have to agree with you, R3 has taken on so much for being a rookie and has done a great job. I feel that on the one Morris run that RG should have taken off with the ball. I know my anger level was high because for once our defense and secondary did their job for a short time and we didn't take advantage of anything we had going for us. This was the poorest game plan I think I have ever seen by this coaching staff

No way it is Kyle's fault, sometimes lessons you have to learn are the hardest to take. RG3 hopefully learned his lesson, there was no way he was getting a first down just get out of bounds and let Cundiff miss another FG!

No way it is Kyle's fault, sometimes lessons you have to learn are the hardest to take. RG3 hopefully learned his lesson, there was no way he was getting a first down just get out of bounds and let Cundiff miss another FG!

It's 6 in the morning but reading this post makes me want to drink myself stupid.

Complaining that we're "running too much" is absolutely ludicrous. It's not sexy, but as I said earlier, running the ball sets up the pass.

Yes thats my whole point! Morris caught fire and the Falcons secondary was prime to eat up. Just because a receiver dropped a pass should not have stopped us from taking our shots in the end zone, but nothing was taken. I remember Kyle speaking of his offense at one point when he came to Washington, what kind of of offense it was, and he said an attacking offense. I know in yesterdays game we didn't attack anyone.

I'm surprised at all the negativity towards Kyle after the game. The team was 1 for 9 on third down (the Moss TD) and played a successful field position game through the first half. RGIII gets hurt just two drives into the second half including one that resulted in points and nearly a TD. The second down call for the direct snap seemed like a really good play call that just didn't work. It was the first drive all season from goal to go that they didn't score.

Kyle didn't miss a 31 yarder that would have put us up 10 with all the momentum and the ball to start the second half. It's unlikely that he made the decision to not press the situation at the end of the first half. And he didn't tell RGIII to cut back into some nasty traffic on the knockout shot.

Initially I thought that the game plan called for RG to run too much; but RG got hurt because he should've thrown the ball away. This one's on RG. And that's ok because he'll learn, just like he's learned to throw his hands up after he gets rid of the ball on the option.

Is it Kyle's fault that RGIII tries to juke 3 people in a 5x5 area?

JUST RUN OUT OF BOUNDS KID. or you will end up like Mike Vick.

It was a hell of a legal kill shot. He just got splattered right in front of us.

Looking back at the tape I dont like WItherspoons hit . It was legal but it was not clean as RGIII was already going to the ground before he was hit by the LB . But that could be simply the speed of the tape compared to real life .

I also cannot see how anyone can blame the play calling for getting RGIII hurt as this was a designed pass and when things went wrong the Rookie took too his feet and tried to make a play .

I hope RGIII is back next week or the team can get behind Cousins . Cousins is looking all the world like a mid round rookie back there and i can imagine that is down partly to the lack of development time he would have had this season with RGIII taking the majority of the REPs .

I would also consider putting REX in as the starter if RGIII cannot go - just because as we saw in 2009 and 2010 he knows the system and he knows how to get the team fired up - for short periods of time and we can avoid throwing Cousins to the wolves where they will rip him apart ..

It is going to be challenging over the next week or so if RGIII cannot go because we don't have a guy who can just come in and do what RGIII does .

I said in another post its ironic. The play broke down and he took off. Yes, he should've threw it away or ran out of bounds. Lived to play another day. But that's where it gets tricky. He tried to make sothing happen, albeit in a horrible situation. Its the intangible that we so love about him. Let's just pray he passes the test and plays this week. Then we can chalk this week up to a learning lesson. As far as him running the sack he took in the pocket looked worse than the slide. Looking at the footage he was going down but just didn't get down fast enough.

Running the quarterback all the time will turn him into a injury prone bust.

Now is the time for the great people of this site to call me ignorant and call for me to be banned.

Nah. I'll just call your opinion what it is. Ridiculous.

Griffins carries have diminished each week. So playcalling isn't to blame. I mean he only ran two times this game. He happened to take a shot on the second one. Scrambling is part of his game. Deal with it.

Archived