Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you Feel the cause of R3G getting hurt is due to Kyles game plan, run run run.

NewCliche21

Didn't change my stance at all, dude. Can't even tell what you're trying to prove. The Texans offense is getting it done without K. Shanahan--he's not integral to their success--they've gotten better without him. That's my point.

They've gotten better without him, yet their offense is ranked lower. Gotcha.

They have the 3rd-ranked defense in the league. They're giving up less than 200 yards passing per game. But the offense is the reason they're undefeated?

Meanwhile, our offense has gotten better with him, but it's not him?

The fact of the matter is that nepotism had nothing to do with why we hired Kyle. Kyle's one of the best offensive minds in the NFL. That's why we hired him. Anyone who thinks otherwise has an agenda to push.

Part of RGIII injury may have been Cundiff, if RGIII felt extra pressure to make a TD because he was worried if Cundiff could come through, and the fact that we were 3 point further down that we should have been, had we kept Gano, things may have turned out different.

The fact of the matter is that nepotism had nothing to do with why we hired Kyle. Kyle's one of the best offensive minds in the NFL. That's why we hired him. Anyone who thinks otherwise has an agenda to push.

I am not with the Kyle haters and don't put all of our loses on him but.......

Do you really think the fact that he is Mikes son had nothing to do with him being brought in as OC?

Do you really think the fact that he is Mikes son had nothing to do with him being brought in as OC?

I can honestly say that if Mike didn't feel Kyle had the ability to be a great OC he would not have hired him. If Kyle were some middle of the road dude he would've let him stay in Houston.

I wouldn't blame him for RG3 getting hurt, but I will blame him for not getting RG3 going in the first half. The guy proves week after week that he can pass in the pocket and it seemed like all we did was run the ball. I mean don't get me wrong we were moving the ball on the ground, but the defense caught onto it after awhile. Just didn't really like the play calling today.

Ok, now I' ve seen it all. First people complain because we are putting him in too many passing situations where our piss-poor OL can't protect him & he's getting hit too much. Then people complain about the option & triple option because he's getting hit too much. So, they change it up, adjust & run the ball more. Now that's the problem? :doh:

Look, we didn't have the ball long enough in the 1st half to get the offense rolling anyway. No matter what we did, the Falcons had an answer...except for Morris. The running game sets up the passing game & because we can't protect RG3 in the pocket & we don't want him running on his own, & we don't want him rolling out of the pocket, running seems to be the only option left. And even then, we only had 18-20 running plays ALL DAY! Running too much? C'mon, man...

Mike has said he wanted to work with his son, but purposefully waited and let Kyle cut his teeth on his own beforehand. We hired Kyle on his merit, not because he's Mike's son. It's not like Kyle was the worst OC in the NFL and we hired him solely because they're related.

Nepotism is defined as "favoritism (as in appointment to a job) based on kinship"

From Wikipedia: "Nepotism is favoritism granted to relatives regardless of merit."

Neither of those definitions fit why we hired Kyle.

Nepotism implies Kyle had no qualifications whatsoever to be an NFL OC. That's clearly not the case. His offense in Houston was productive. His offense here has been pretty good considering the lack of top end talent at most positions(only this year we got a potential elite QB and RB).

Did Mike being Kyle's dad help him get the job? Sure. But that's how the world works, in most professions having connections and knowing people is the big ticket.

Look at Lovie Smith's staff in Chicago. A lot of his assistants are guys he's worked with before.

All of what you've said is true but nepotism doesn't imply that he has no skills at all. It implies that he wasn't the best man for the job

Nepotism implies Kyle had no qualifications whatsoever to be an NFL OC. That's clearly not the case. His offense in Houston was productive. His offense here has been pretty good considering the lack of top end talent at most positions(only this year we got a potential elite QB and RB).

Did Mike being Kyle's dad help him get the job? Sure. But that's how the world works, in most professions having connections and knowing people is the big ticket.

Look at Lovie Smith's staff in Chicago. A lot of his assistants are guys he's worked with before.

Ok, now I' ve seen it all. First people complain because we are putting him in too many passing situations where our piss-poor OL can't protect him & he's getting hit too much. Then people complain about the option & triple option because he's getting hit too much. So, they change it up, adjust & run the ball more. Now that's the problem? :doh:

Look, we didn't have the ball long enough in the 1st half to get the offense rolling anyway. No matter what we did, the Falcons had an answer...except for Morris. The running game sets up the passing game & because we can't protect RG3 in the pocket & we don't want him running on his own, & we don't want him rolling out of the pocket, running seems to be the only option left. And even then, we only had 18-20 running plays ALL DAY! Running too much? C'mon, man...

This happened last year with Rex. All we heard was how we let Rex throw too much and how Kyle never stuck to the run when it was working and how, yeah, Rex sucked, but it's Kyle fault he was even in that situation because Rex sucks and Kyle knows he sucks and Kyle has to know his quarterback's limitations.

This narrative has changed from "This o-line is garbage we cant have him run drop back passes" to "Kyle is going to get RG3 killed running all these optionplays" to "Kyle is handcuffing RG3 and not letting him throw the ball down field and we're running too much" all in the span of five weeks. People will never be happy with the playcalling, period.

Morris had 18 carries in a game he was averaging 7 yds a carry.

18. And you think we were stuck on run?

Morris should've had 25-30 carries this game.

This!!!! Then one of the running plays was some lame direct snap in the red zone. We should have pounded them bammas. :doh: But I am not even mad at Kyle.

People will never be happy with the playcalling, period.

I will say this. I definitely believe that Kyle has made more mistakes in his playcalling than not. Last year, Grossman was throwing INTs like confetti & Kyle would send him out in the next series & have him throwing again like nothing happened instead of trying to run the ball more.

Honestly, it seems more like they try listening to the fans & media rather than sticking to their strengths. RG3 is an escape artist. Let him use that skill to his best ability. That doesn't mean he should run more, but it does mean that he needs to be in more "rolling pockets".

Complaining that we're "running too much" is absolutely ludicrous. It's not sexy, but as I said earlier, running the ball sets up the pass.

I would think the majority here knows that & shouldn't need babysitting on the subject. But you're right. People won't be happy no matter what.

20 of our 48 plays run were running plays. That's a good ratio.

Our problem wasn't we didn't run it enough. Our problem was when we did pass, we didn't execute and as a result, we had little sustained offense.

That in turn creates a domino effect. If we execute the plays we do run better, we get to run more plays(both running and passing).

The play calling problems I have is that we didn't run Robert enough on designed runs. 3rd and 2 before idiot Cundiff shanks the field goal if we ran a bootleg keeper Robert scores, the lineman holding contain completely crashed inside before he even handed off. They adjusted and ran a bootleg 3rd quarter. And then why oh why the direct snap to Morris the play before Robert gets hurt? Run the unstoppable QB draw or simply hand off the ball to Morris who was averaging 8 yards a carry. It's like they put the training wheels on Robert.

The play calling problems I have is that we didn't run Robert enough on designed runs. 3rd and 2 before idiot Cundiff shanks the field goal if we ran a bootleg keeper Robert scores, the lineman holding contain completely crashed inside before he even handed off. They adjusted and ran a bootleg 3rd quarter. And then why oh why the direct snap to Morris the play before Robert gets hurt? Run the unstoppable QB draw or simply hand off the ball to Morris who was averaging 8 yards a carry. It's like they put the training wheels on Robert.

The quarterback draw wasn't there.

The reason the quarterback draw kept working was because Robert would audible to it when the defense played a certain way; namely when the defensive tackles kicked out and played wide against us. Robert would audible to the play, then we ran it.

This week Atlanta didn't give us that look. They played their d-tackles like you traditionally would, which means the draw wasn't there, which means Robert didn't audible to it.

These are the kind of plays no one complains about if they work. Let's get Atlanta some credit for playing good defense.

I will say this. I definitely believe that Kyle has made more mistakes in his playcalling than not. Last year, Grossman was throwing INTs like confetti & Kyle would send him out in the next series & have him throwing again like nothing happened instead of trying to run the ball more.

That's not true though.

It seemed like the only thing people wanted us to do when Rex was in the game was run the ball. And there were a couple times when we ran the ball really well, and people complained that Kyle let off the gas and wasn't aggressive enough. So again, Kyle's damned if he does and damned if doesn't. If Rex goes out there and throws a pick and the next series Rex goes back out there and we throw the ball again, it doesn't even matter if we score on the drive; it was still a mistake for Kyle to throw no matter what,

When we have a balanced offense, then we're handcuffing Robert Griffin III and not letting him play. Now imagine if we had come out in that second half throwing instead of running the ball, and imagine the score is the same thing at the end. Then everyone would be complaining that we stopped running the ball when Alfred Morris was getting hot.

Kyle can't win.

It doesn't even take into account some of the balls Garcon and Moss and Davis dropped.

The quarterback draw wasn't there.

The reason the quarterback draw kept working was because Robert would audible to it when the defense played a certain way; namely when the defensive tackles kicked out and played wide against us. Robert would audible to the play, then we ran it.

This week Atlanta didn't give us that look. They played their d-tackles like you traditionally would, which means the draw wasn't there, which means Robert didn't audible to it.

These are the kind of plays no one complains about if they work. Let's get Atlanta some credit for playing good defense.

So the answer is a direct snap to Morris?

I don't believe for one second that the play calling is leading to RG3 getting hurt because ultimately it's the players executing the plays. I know RG3 wants to give it to go all out on his plays, but he should have exercised better judgement on that play because guys are coming full speed at him and most of the time they're not going to let up. He should've just chucked it out of bounds or at a bare minimum tried to find the nearest receiver in the area if one was there for a TD catch. The Shanahans have tailored the offense to RG3 and his strengths and they are maximizing his potential, but he can't put himself in danger by not making proper judgement calls on certain plays.

So the answer is a direct snap to Morris?

Like I said; if the play works, then everyone is going "WOW, WHAT A CREATIVE PLAY CALL THAT WAS!". It just so happened on this particular day, it didn't work.

It's like the double pass versus Tampa Bay; if Banks throws the ball back and Robert fumbles it or he takes a big hit on the play, then everyone is wondering what the hell Kyle was thinking.

Last year versus the Eagles at FedEx, Kyle runs a Flea Flicker to Gaffney that got us down the field and it was a great call.

Late that year we run the same play versus the Giants, Santana gets open and Rex underthrew it and it got picked off and it was a terrible decision.

We run the option and it works and everyone loves it. We run it and RG3 gets hit and everyone hates it. We don't run it at all and everyone complains we don't run it enough and don't work to RG3's strengths.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Archived