Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Fedex Field upgrade and get Synthetic Turf

DubMoney

Cleveland, Chicago, and Pittsburgh are the 3 most northern teams that use grass. Philly uses Grassmaster, New  England uses FieldTurf. There are 14 teams in the league that use grass.

And all are in warm winter climates. The 3+Us have been known to have TERRIBLE fields.

Cleveland, Chicago, and Pittsburgh are the 3 most northern teams that use grass. Philly uses Grassmaster, New  England uses FieldTurf. There are 14 teams in the league that use grass.

Well thank God you chimed in, otherwise I would never have known

Seems like every year our field falls apart.  It's always in bad condition, and people complain about it.  That being said, I don't care either way.  I've always been a natural guy, so keep grass I guess.  But if it could upgrade the quality of our field, then go synthetic.

i have always hated artificial turf and any variation, including the black pellets, but dare I think we were foolish to draft RG3 yet not move to the fastest surface possible.

We may need to, since we cannot seem to even figure out the best cleats on our home field and its ever changing playing surface. 

Our existing field offers us no advantage whatsoever. We may need a full time field/cleat coach if we stick to grass. 

i have always hated artificial turf and any variation, including the black pellets, but dare I think we were foolish to draft RG3 yet not move to the fastest surface possible.

We may need to, since we cannot seem to even figure out the best cleats on our home field and its ever changing playing surface.

Our existing field offers us no advantage whatsoever. We may need a full time field/cleat coach if we stick to grass.

Those surfaces are more likely to lead to injuries. And we don't want a runner anyway. We want desso...not fastest surface

Those surfaces are more likely to lead to injuries. And we don't want a runner anyway. We want desso...not fastest surface

Our painted dirt didn't seem to keep Robert healthy last year.

I think the modern surfaces leading to injuries would literally cripple the fast teams that use them now.

Is that not true, or is it? 

If true, wouldn't the fastest teams turn to grass? 

If its not true, maybe we won't be victim to our own field so much. I see our players slipping much more than the opposition. Did you happen to watch the KC game?

Like I said, I hate all artificial surfaces but maybe it MIGHT help us? Maybe?

Our painted dirt didn't seem to keep Robert healthy last year.

I think the modern surfaces leading to injuries would literally cripple the fast teams that use them now.

Is that not true, or is it?

If true, wouldn't the fastest teams turn to grass?

If its not true, maybe we won't be victim to our own field so much. I see our players slipping much more than the opposition. Did you happen to watch the KC game?

Like I said, I hate all artificial surfaces but maybe it MIGHT help us? Maybe?

there are studies on this topic. Nobody cares about facts and data though...all emotion to back up instinct.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE88D1KT20120914?irpc=932

there are studies on this topic. Nobody cares about facts and data though...all emotion to back up instinct.

The studies on field turf causing moar knee injuries may not mean much when our field coach cannot figure out the best shoes/cleats to wear on any surface.

I thought there was big advancements in preventing injuries on artificial surfaces. 

Presumed by dumping a million black recycled car tire pellets onto astro turf.  High tech stuff. 

The studies on field turf causing moar knee injuries may not mean much when our field coach cannot figure out the best shoes/cleats to wear on any surface.

I thought there was big advancements in preventing injuries on artificial surfaces.

Presumed by dumping a million black recycled car tire pellets onto astro turf. High tech stuff.

We start with a flawed assumption that the field caused Griffins injury.

Perhaps it did. Science days that we are more likely to see injuries if we change surface.

I get it...the pitchforks are out. Shanahan wanted grass because he wanted the injury. It all makes perfect sense...to an idiot

We start with a flawed assumption that the field caused Griffins injury.

Perhaps it did. Science days that we are more likely to see injuries if we change surface.

I get it...the pitchforks are out. Shanahan wanted grass because he wanted the injury. It all makes perfect sense...to an idiot

I think we all heard the flawed assumption by the Seattle doctors that our painted dirt tore up a knee of theirs that same day..

Perhaps it did.  Science would also tell you the home team knows its own turf better, that we know the best cleats that will not injure our own players.

I don't get it. Pitchforks?  Spinning it all into Shanagrass only makes sense to an idiot indeed.

I think we all heard the flawed assumption by the Seattle doctors that our painted dirt tore up a knee of theirs that same day..

Perhaps it did. Science would also tell you the home team knows its own turf better, that we know the best cleats that will not injure our own players.

I don't get it. Pitchforks? Spinning it all into Shanagrass only makes sense to an idiot indeed.

So do you think it was the turf or the wrong cleats that caused injury?

And actually..Science wouldn't tell you that. That is an opinion. Based on no fact

Archived