Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Atlantic - Why Robert Griffin III Could Be The Next Peyton Manning

BearintheATL

Forget about Peyton Manning, one of the most over rated Qb's of all time who has a losing record of 9-10 in playoff games and besides that has an abnormally large head. If Rg3 becomes what many think he will become he will not only rack up stats against the lesser teams like Manning did but he will be a much better QB than Peyton because he wont choke in the playoffs.

I'd prefer if he's the NFL's version of Michael Jordan. Then we'd be talking multiple championships and a true post season difference maker. Even when he screws up the refs would have his back too. I won't even care if they design some ugly shoes with his name on them for kids to kill each other over either, lol.

I'd prefer if he's the NFL's version of Michael Jordan. Then we'd be talking multiple championships and a true post season difference maker. Even when he screws up the refs would have his back too. I won't even care if they design some ugly shoes with his name on them for kids to kill each other over either, lol.

Well he blew the shoe thing. Since he went the Adidas route. Ain't nobody killing someone over some Adidas. Unless its colored(gang) related.

I love and am as optimistic about RGIII as the next guy but lets temper our expectations a little. Remember there seems to be some curse on DC whenever we get a stud that starts becoming our "face". Taylor=killed, Cooley=great but kept getting hurt and declined to early, Rak=awesome and beloved but is already starting to show the injury bug, etc. Maybe if we all ignore RGIII he will stay great and we won't jinx him.

Oh, wow, and here I thought all the kol-aid pipes leading to the potomac river where on temporary hold. Between RG3, Morris, and Garcon, teams still have to prove they can stop us. If we keep getting pressure and creating turnovers, we can keep teams from scoring. Offense has to prove it can carry the defense, and vice-versa...

I think there's a lot of truth to this paragraph:

Some sports fans will say that an athlete's marketability and celebrity status are irrelevant, that all that matters is on-field performance. This is not true. The accomplishments of players who use media to gain celebrity appear more significant than those of players who remain obscure. For evidence of this phenomenon consider Drew Brees, a quarterback who has won the same number of Super Bowls as Peyton Manning and has passed for more yards than Tom Brady. In spite of these accomplishments, he's not considered to be in the same class as Manning or Brady and this is partly due to the fact that he is not as famous.

There are some who say that isn't true, that Brees really is considered to be in the same league, and I think that a decent number of fans do put him there. But a decent number also do not. The same goes for analysts/commentators/etc. Brees is just one little notch below Brady and Manning to them, and at this point I really can't figure out why. Maybe if Brady and Manning both had three rings to Brees's one, but they don't. And it's Brees who finally took hold of the "most important" single-season passing record. Yet he seems to consistently come up third in these discussions.

Awesome, elk lol. I love "The League." Rux is right behind Ron Swanson as a great character.

Anyone know when it's coming back on? Missing it terribly.

Oh, and to stay on topic: I don't want RGIII to be the next Peyton Manning; I want him to be the first RGIII. Manning won one Super Bowl, but RGIII is going to win many more. Because I said so. :silly:

Anyone know when it's coming back on? Missing it terribly.

Oh, and to stay on topic: I don't want RGIII to be the next Peyton Manning; I want him to be the first RGIII. Manning won one Super Bowl, but RGIII is going to win many more. Because I said so. :silly:

My feelings exactly !!!!!!!

I want college qb's coming to the pro's to be touted as the next Robert Griffin III.

Archived