Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2012-13 NBA THREAD!!! New Season/New Thread - LET'S GO!!!!!***

RonArtest15

LeBron and Melo together would be devastating, just like LeBron and KD together would be.

How does Melo get there though?  The Knicks wouldn't trade him.  He's their workhorse.  I don't see this happening.

Having LeBron and Melo would give Miami a Team USA feel.  They'd be impossible to guard.  Two interchangeable elite forwards with personalities that would pair together perfectly.  LeBron is a facilitator in his heart, Melo is a finisher.  LeBron would be setting up Carmelo for the easiest looks of his career and Carmelo would take that and RUN.  Defense shifts to try and shut down Melo and LeBron now has tons of space to operate.  You basically couldn't defend them.  Swap Wade for Melo and put a shooter/stopper at the SG spot.  Or swap Bosh for him and put a true C that plays defense.  Both would be ridiculous line ups.

I think LeBron's strengths have always paired better with Carmelo's than Wade's because Carmelo can shoot.  It'd give LeBron a ridiculous weapon.  And Melo's so relentlessly aggressive.  It'd take a lot of pressure off LeBron because some nights he just can't bring that mentality himself.  Carmelo is a machine and he's just always that way.  He is always searching for shots, always trying to attack you.  Plus LeBron could feed off of that energy and attitude for himself and not ALWAYS have to be the leader who sets that tone.  We all know he has a tendency to get passive some games and nobody on the Heat will step up and take the reins and then the Heat just stagnate.  They get scared to take over.  That wouldn't happen if he played with Melo.

It'd be good for Melo too because he'd finally have an elite facilitator that could create better shots for him, plus it would put a limit on his need/tendency to shot jack.  He wouldn't be the best player on his team any more, wouldn't be the leader.  LeBron would filter his touches.  And as RA15 said, that atmosphere would keep Melo accountable on D for once, since everyone plays hard there and Melo wouldn't have to be THE guy on offense.

I doubt Melo would want to go be LeBron's sidekick though.  He's the type of personality that revels in competition with LeBron and Wade and he views himself as LeBron's peer.  I think he would rather try and go through LeBron for a ring than alongside him.

It's interesting to think about, I hope it doesn't happen.  I doubt it will.

Mia trades: Chris Bosh

CHI trades: Boozer and Hamilton.

Is the goal to make Miami a #3 seed?

That is an awful trade. Boozer does everything Bosh does but 10 percent worse. Hamilton is what Wade is going to be in 3 years.

Miami gets worse on defense, looses Bosh's incredible mid-range game, and picks up a 2 that will never play because he is worse than Wade and doesn't stretch the floor.

Good deal. Smart deal.

Ironically, I heard about this trade during the finals.

Lakers get:

Bosh

Chalmers

(And I am throwing in a 2nd rd pick for good measures)

Heat gets:

Dwight Howard

What do you all think of that?

Take Chalmers out and replace it with someone else that is not Cole or Jones and I'll take it!

Without Chalmers the Lakers wouldn't do it.

I like Chalmers. I think he has the talent to be a decent PG. I guess we won't know if he keeps playing with Mr.Point-Forward, but I think he would be okay.

The Lakers need to do something because I don't think Howard is going back to LA

Ironically, I heard about this trade during the finals.

Lakers get:

Bosh

Chalmers

(And I am throwing in a 2nd rd pick for good measures)

Heat gets:

Dwight Howard

What do you all think of that?

Take Chalmers out and replace it with someone else that is not Cole or Jones and I'll take it!

Without Chalmers the Lakers wouldn't do it.

I like Chalmers. I think he has the talent to be a decent PG. I guess we won't know if he keeps playing with Mr.Point-Forward, but I think he would be okay.

The Lakers need to do something because I don't think Howard is going back to LA

exactly! :)

Miami doesn't need to break up the band yet.  They just won a title against a great team.  They have a great chance to threepeat.  Wait until next year.

The Lakers should deal Dwight for Blake though.  Do it, rebuild around Blake and the high draft pick you're probably going to get this year.  Dwight doesn't want to be there, that's a bad situation.  Trade off Gasol for something in the 2014 draft I suppose and let Kobe miss the year to try and get healthy.  Rebuild quickly that way.

Dwight for Blake is almost even value right now and it's the best single piece they'll get back in return for Dwight.  Blake is going to get better and Dwight is probably going to get worse from here on out.

A CP3, Dwight, Paul Pierce, KG Clippers team coached by Doc Rivers would be damned incredible.  If it all gelled, it would be a legit threat to Miami.

I hate the Clippers though.  I hope it doesn't all come together like that.

In all seriousness, that was one of the best NBA Finals ever.  Two incredibly good teams.

Injuries majorly impacted both teams, the Spurs are old, and despite the Heats stars their interior defense almost proved to be the ventilation shaft on the death star.   

That may be the best analogy that I've ever seen, or heard...

Greg Oden has been on the Heat's radar for nearly a year. Both sides have expressed interest in each other. I have no idea what his health is, I guess no one will until the point he returns and can stay of the court for longer than a cup of coffee.

The only way I could see him being signed is as a bench player that comes in to provide rebounding on the offensive and defensive end. I don't think he can be counted on for more than that, and even that might be pushing it, considering that he has the knees of a 90 year old man. At best, he might be a better version of Joel Anthony. He doesn't move all that well, which means that the team would have to slow things down when he's on the floor, and signing him would help maybe a little, but it wouldn't solve the issue of Bosh at the 5, where he doesn't belong (if he is to stay on the team before the start of next season).

I'm not happy about the result last night but it was bound to happen especially with Spurs turnovers  They had a chance to close Miami out, they blew it, plain and simple. 

Yep, and they will NEVER forget it. Games 6 will be the one that got away.

Miami doesn't need to break up the band yet. They just won a title against a great team. They have a great chance to threepeat. Wait until next year.

The Lakers should deal Dwight for Blake though. Do it, rebuild around Blake and the high draft pick you're probably going to get this year. Dwight doesn't want to be there, that's a bad situation. Trade off Gasol for something in the 2014 draft I suppose and let Kobe miss the year to try and get healthy. Rebuild quickly that way.

Dwight for Blake is almost even value right now and it's the best single piece they'll get back in return for Dwight. Blake is going to get better and Dwight is probably going to get worse from here on out.

A CP3, Dwight, Paul Pierce, KG Clippers team coached by Doc Rivers would be damned incredible. If it all gelled, it would be a legit threat to Miami.

I hate the Clippers though. I hope it doesn't all come together like that.

What about DeAndre?

Congratulations to the Miami Heat and to the King, LBJ.. Well deserved!! :)

authentic, what's up man?! Haven't seen you post in here in awhile.

i've been busy bro.. I'll be posting more now that the kids are out for summer vacay.. Looking forward to Free Agency.. I think D. West is a FA, he would be my #1 target if i were Miami..

There are some good one that video.  That Paul George dunk blowing by Lebron and then slamming it on Birdman was awesome.  The McGee over Bogut followed by Bogut over McGee was a cool set.  I also really like every dunk where the player jumps under the rim to the other side and reverse jams it using the rim to shield off the defender.  Not really interested in any of the all alone showboat crap or those over guys caught in an unwinnable  3 on 1.  Contested throw downs are always better.  

Having said that dunks are a little over rated.  Ankle shattering dribble moves and big time blocks are more fun.   :D  

Congratulations to the Miami Heat and to the King, LBJ.. Well deserved!! :)

authentic, what's up man?! Haven't seen you post in here in awhile.

Looking forward to Free Agency.. I think D. West is a FA, he would be my #1 target if i were Miami..

delonte.jpg Mrs. James would love that. 

Oh. You mean David West? My bad lol.

Miami doesn't need to break up the band yet. They just won a title against a great team. They have a great chance to threepeat. Wait until next year.

The Lakers should deal Dwight for Blake though. Do it, rebuild around Blake and the high draft pick you're probably going to get this year. Dwight doesn't want to be there, that's a bad situation. Trade off Gasol for something in the 2014 draft I suppose and let Kobe miss the year to try and get healthy. Rebuild quickly that way.

Dwight for Blake is almost even value right now and it's the best single piece they'll get back in return for Dwight. Blake is going to get better and Dwight is probably going to get worse from here on out.

A CP3, Dwight, Paul Pierce, KG Clippers team coached by Doc Rivers would be damned incredible. If it all gelled, it would be a legit threat to Miami.

I hate the Clippers though. I hope it doesn't all come together like that.

What about DeAndre?

He's supposedly in the Garnett deal.

Archived