Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2012-13 NBA THREAD!!! New Season/New Thread - LET'S GO!!!!!***

RonArtest15

I don't like it. I have a lot of respect for the nucleus they have in Boston. But if it's going to get blown up, I wish it wasn't in an attempt to save a perennial loser like the clippers. If its true how some of the players force Del Negro out, I'll be sad to see a possible fall from grace if the Clippers don't win. Doc deserves better then that.

I thought you could not trade for a coach? I believe Stern came out earlier this week that he would not let it happen

You can trade draft picks and/or cash for a coach. You can't package a coach as part of a deal for players. The NBA basically said that any KG/Pierce trade that followed this would be illegal for that reason. The would view it as one big deal.

Congratulations to the Miami Heat and to the King, LBJ.. Well deserved!! :)

authentic, what's up man?! Haven't seen you post in here in awhile.

i've been busy bro.. I'll be posting more now that the kids are out for summer vacay.. Looking forward to Free Agency.. I think D. West is a FA, he would be my #1 target if i were Miami..

Miami only has the mini-mid-level exception available to them.

Do you think West is going to take a 1 year/$3 million deal?

I don't like it. I have a lot of respect for the nucleus they have in Boston. But if it's going to get blown up, I wish it wasn't in an attempt to save a perennial loser like the clippers. If its true how some of the players force Del Negro out, I'll be sad to see a possible fall from grace if the Clippers don't win. Doc deserves better then that.

Can someone translate this so I can comment on it?

The bottom line is that Doc did not want to oversee a rebuilding project and the Celtics did not want to pay anyone $7 million a year to oversee a rebuilding project.

I think the Cs are in for a long fallow period. In their history, the Boston Celtics have never signed a quality free agent. Never. Not once. So, they need to build from the draft (the 16th pick in a crap draft this year) or via a trade. They actually have some interesting trade pieces, but I think all of them will have more value near the deadline. Even then, you aren't getting a superstar back for Pierce or Garnett.

I think they need to go the Morey route and get young assets for Pierce and Garnett that can then be flipped down the road. The Clippers pick is a decent start to that. The Clips are totally capable of being a lottery team within two years. There is no doubt in my mind that they can completely fall apart by then.

The one trade that makes tons for sense for both team is Pierce to the Cavs. The Cavs want to start winning games. They need a veteran to help train that kindergarten class there. And they don't want money on the books after next season. Pierce checks all those boxes. In return, the Cavs have 5 million picks to offer (thought clearly not #1 overall).

Archived