Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2012-13 NBA THREAD!!! New Season/New Thread - LET'S GO!!!!!***

RonArtest15

at least look at the box score, Kobe only took 14 shots :ols:

the ball was primarily in Gasol's hands, which is the problem.

I wasn't saying that Kobe was jacking up shots last night.. But i assume this will be an issue going forward. Will Kobe be comfortable in a lesser role in this new "Princeton Offense"? Why is Nash, on of the great PGs in the league not orcestrating the offense?....etc. I dont' get what they're trying to do out there.

Kevin Martin is awful. He's 150 pounds' date=' needs 15 screens to score, and couldn't guard your little sister. His destiny in life is score 16 ppg on a 30-win team. That's what he does.

The Rockets have been desperately seeking a worthy max contract guy for four years. They have one now. Is he a top ten player? Eh...probably not. But he's going to make a ton of All Star teams and will look awesome on a giant poster on the Toyota Center. All they traded were complementary players or picks that will be complementary players. Morey has complemntary players in a storage unit on Westheimer Rd. That has never been a problem. Getting a star has been a problem.

The question is not what the Rockets paid. The question is: How did the Thunder get more for Harden than the Magic got for Dwight?[/quote']

I wouldn't say Martin is awful. He just isn't someone you would build a team around. With Durant and Westbrook, he just needs to be ready to shoot at all times.

The Rockets must know they won't be winning in the foreseeable future. You are not competing in the West with Lin and Harden as your go to players. Unless Jones and Aldrich produces. Then they might make some noise. But right now I think at best they are mediocre.

I just watched the first half. There were about four possessions where he just randomly decided to go one on one.

and then there were the other 40 possessions last night where he did not. You chose to just isolate the 4 possessions.

I'm not a big Kobe critic' date=' but the one thing he has never been good at is sitting back and letting his teammaets get involved before taking over. He goes through these mini three or four minute stretches all game long where it's Hero Ball.[/quote']

he played with Shaq and Shaq was the man. He has turned Gasol into a HOFer. I just dont understand how someone can say this after all the years Kobe has played and been on title teams.

I do agree that Kobe isnt as good as a Lebron in letting others get there, but Kobe is a scorer. And again, last night he didnt do that.

If I'm the coach' date=' I pull Kobe aside and say, "It's just game one. We have Dwight...He have Nash...Meta is trying to get off to a good start this year...let's see what they can do. Just sit back for the first quarter or two. I just think they should have run half a dozen Nash/Pau pick and rolls in the first quarter."

[/quote']

again, he only took 14 shots last night. I hate to do it, but it just seems like you had your mind made up last night before the game started.

I wasn't saying that Kobe was jacking up shots last night.. But i assume this will be an issue going forward. Will Kobe be comfortable in a lesser role in this new "Princeton Offense"? Why is Nash, on of the great PGs in the league not orcestrating the offense?....etc. I dont' get what they're trying to do out there.

its not just Kobe tho, Gasol was the facilitator last night, not Nash, Gasol!

if Gasol is the best offensive player on a team that has Kobe, Nash, and Howard then your team will not be good enough to come close to a title. Thats the problem.

its not just Kobe tho, Gasol was the facilitator last night, not Nash, Gasol!

if Gasol is the best offensive player on a team that has Kobe, Nash, and Howard then your team will not be good enough to come close to a title. Thats the problem.

I happen to agree with that.

That's because the offense they were running essentially required the ball to be passed into the bigs while everyone else runs around. There has to be a major disconnect between the head coach and the GM in LA. No one in their right mind would go out and sign Steve "no defense" Nash if they planned to install an offense that diminishes the role of an traditional point guard.

That's because the offense they were running essentially required the ball to be passed into the bigs while everyone else runs around. There has to be a major disconnect between the head coach and the GM in LA. No one in their right mind would go out and sign Steve "no defense" Nash if they planned to install an offense that diminishes the role of an traditional point guard.

Exactly!!!!

As long as Mike Brown is calling the shots from the sideline, the Lakers will not go anywhere. Amazingly, out of all the talent they have, Brown is the weakest link. By far. My prediction...he's canned 20 games in.

I say this. if they are 14-11, then yeah he's gone. He has Eddie Jordan on his bench. I know there can be some offense generated somewhere. They just looked lethargic last night. I was trying to sum it up today, but I can't. That should have been a game they won last night. Oh well, it's 1 out of 82. Still have 81 to go.

The more this lack of chemistry thing drags out, the more likely it is that Dwight tells Kupchak and Kobe to **** off at the end of the season, especially if Super Teammate Kobe starts hurting his feelings. Along with the Kobe/Nash/Dwight dynamic, there is also the Mike Brown dynamic that I wasn't even thinking of prior to the start of the season.

that's because the offense they were running essentially required the ball to be passed into the bigs while everyone else runs around. There has to be a major disconnect between the head coach and the gm in la. No one in their right mind would go out and sign steve "no defense" nash if they planned to install an offense that diminishes the role of an traditional point guard.

exactly!!!!!

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 05:50 PM ----------

I say this. if they are 14-11, then yeah he's gone. He has Eddie Jordan on his bench. I know there can be some offense generated somewhere. They just looked lethargic last night. I was trying to sum it up today, but I can't. That should have been a game they won last night. Oh well, it's 1 out of 82. Still have 81 to go.

Eddie Jordan is the one who installed this offense.

If anything, they should call back Phillip.

Knicks v Nets postponed due to Sandy.

NEW YORK -- The highly anticipated regular-season opener Thursday between the Brooklyn Nets and the New York Knicks, which also was to be the first NBA regular-season game at the new $1 billion Barclays Center, has been postponed because of the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy, New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg announced Wednesday.

"Mayor Bloomberg informed us this afternoon that after further analysis of the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy that he felt it was in the best interests of the city of New York, the teams and our fans that we postpone the Knicks-Nets game scheduled for Thursday night," NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver said in a statement. "Our thoughts are with all those affected by this devastating storm."

A makeup date will be announced at a later time, the NBA said.

"The bottom line is, there just isn't a lot of mass transit and the police have other things to do," said Bloomberg, who noted that he recommended to the NBA that the league postpone the game.

Nets and Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark said all tickets for the Nets-Knicks game will be honored for the game when it is rescheduled.

Magic agrees-

Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson

I do know one thing: the ball should be in @SteveNash hands much more. How about some pick & roll?

The Lakers look like a group of players who haven't played much with each other.

Imagine that.

What about the Mavs? That team had massive turnover from last years roster. They still handled them. The difference between Carlisle and Brown is staggering. Adjusting to new players isn't an excuse Lakers fans (not saying you are one) can make considering who their opposition was.

What about the Mavs? That team had massive turnover from last years roster. They still handled them. The difference between Carlisle and Brown is staggering. Adjusting to new players isn't an excuse Lakers fans (not saying you are one) can make considering who their opposition was.

I'm far from a Laker fan. (Miami Heat)

I relate the Lakers situation more to that of the Heat in the first year of the Big 3. For a time they didn't know what to do with each other, having all been the focus of their respective offenses prior. They seemed to just take turns doing their thing. That is what I saw with LA last night. That will improve over time.

The problems they will have to overcome will be significant. Chemistry just doesn't happen with ego's that size and they are not exactly young and healthy. Plus the bench is subpar.

Carlisle is clearly a better coach than Brown to me. But...that game last night was more of a blind squirrel finding a nut occurrence than some precursor of things to come for Dallas this year.

I'm far from a Laker fan. (Miami Heat)

I relate the Lakers situation more to that of the Heat in the first year of the Big 3. For a time they didn't know what to do with each other, having all been the focus of their respective offenses prior. They seemed to just take turns doing their thing. That is what I saw with LA last night. That will improve over time.

The problems they will have to overcome will be significant. Chemistry just doesn't happen with ego's that size and they are not exactly young and healthy. Plus the bench is subpar.

Carlisle is clearly a better coach than Brown to me. But...that game last night was more of a blind squirrel finding a nut occurrence than some precursor of things to come for Dallas this year.

Eww the heat, lol. You guys have pretty much a straight path to the Finals barring injury. Regarding the lakers...I think that game against the mavs is very telling...considering I don't see the mavs making the playoffs this year. If Brown is allowed to coach the duration of the year, I don't see that team being a top 5 west team. Eddie Jordan is a joke of a coach, those players will not buy into a Princeton offense.

Jerry Sloan should keep a phone near by, mitch can do better. I mean the premise of the whole team is hilarious, bring in HOF pg, potential HOF bigman...let Ron Artest Iso....right....

New Orleans is a lot better than their record last year. They've got a nice mix of talent. Still need a big bodied center though.

Vasquez looks seriously improved. I wonder what the ceiling for this team is.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 09:00 PM ----------

Vasquez droppin' dimes on the Spurs! One of my favorite college players ever to watch.

It's been a pretty eye opening game for me.

I think the Spurs will hunker down and make the plays they need to and beat them. But frankly I'm shocked out how good NO looks defensively. They are a youngish team.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 09:25 PM ----------

James Harden = BALLINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN'

I'm still in shock the trade actually happened. The more I think about it, the more ****ed up it seems. This wasn't like trading Jeff Green. I feel like OKC seriously ****ed up here. OKC is not going to find another player like Harden.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 09:31 PM ----------

Man if Aminu could become a lockdown perimeter defender, he could be tremendously valuable for NO. He's got an awesome set of tools.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 09:47 PM ----------

Rivers doesn't see the floor well enough to run the point. He puts his head down and he's going to shoot no matter what.

Jamal Crawford...

On second thought, maybe Harden is a top ten player and just never had a chance to fully show it. Seriously, there are not that many cats who can put up the stat line he had tonight against anyone.

OKC may have really really screwed the pooch here.

I thought it was a bad trade this morning. I am now leaning towards cataclysmic, franchise-altering mistake.

James Harden went ham tonight, but I still think the Thunder made the right move and dont think Harden is that great.

Everyone is killing him for a bad Finals, but I felt he was the reason OKC beat the Lakers and Spurs. I just don't see a situation where OKC is going to have three top 20 players again. I would have rather rolled that out for a year and gone for the title than basically concede the season before it starts.

Archived