Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2012-13 NBA THREAD!!! New Season/New Thread - LET'S GO!!!!!***

RonArtest15

I know I am late, but I have to say something....

I can't believe the Rockets late the Thunder hustle them so bad in that trade. They gave them Kevin Martin AND!!! Jeremy Lamb AND!!!!! Two First AND a Second. What the heck were they thinking?

I know the Thunders chemistry will be messed up in the beginning, but Martin can ball and I think Lamb will get his man too. I think this trade just decided the West for the next couple of years. I don't care who the Lakers and Clippers have, the Thunder is probably the most atletthic team in the West from top to bottom and they have probably one of the biggest home-advantages in the league.

The Rockets are dumb.

Rondo is a hot head. Garnett takes cheap shots too, but he picks his battles and their is a method too it. Rondo just gets pissy and it usually hurts his team with his antics.

He played really well tonight though.

Bosh was outstanding.

Wade was great up until the final minutes of the game. He's just never going to have the vision and decision making to truly run the point and the offense stops moving as smoothly without LeBron.

The Heat were still a fantastic team even without LeBron though. Wade, Allen, Bosh is hard to deal with. Boston just couldn't get a strong enough run going to gain ground.

Rondo is a hot head. Garnett takes cheap shots too, but he picks his battles and their is a method too it. Rondo just gets pissy and it usually hurts his team with his antics.

He played really well tonight though.

Bosh was outstanding.

Wade was great up until the final minutes of the game. He's just never going to have the vision and decision making to truly run the point and the offense stops moving as smoothly without LeBron.

The Heat were still a fantastic team even without LeBron though. Wade, Allen, Bosh is hard to deal with. Boston just couldn't get a strong enough run going to gain ground.

Man, I think the Heat might win over 70 this year. :doh:

Eddie Curry. Elton Brand. Vince Carter. This Mavericks team would be amazing if this was like 2005.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 12:44 AM ----------

Man, I think the Heat might win over 70 this year. :doh:

Too old for that IMO. But I do think they can put up the NBA's best record this season. It helps to be in the same division with Orlando, Washington, and Charlotte.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 12:48 AM ----------

Brandon Wright looks like a black Adam Sandler.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 01:03 AM ----------

Dwight Howard doesn't look like himself. He looks slow and like he's lost some spring.

Garnett looked a good deal quicker than Dwight does...

How is he going to cope with all of this new small ball from the other contenders?

Man, Dwight can't catch a break. He's getting almost no help defensively and that last foul was weak. Though some of his fouls were just flat out dumb and he never should have committed them. You can't put yourself in that position to where one bad call takes you out.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 01:28 AM ----------

You watch a team like the Mavs with 9 new players and see their instant chemistry and you wonder why it can't be the same for a team like the Lakers.

Having guys as unselfish as Nash and Gasol should mean a really seamless offensive transition for any team. They're herky jerky though, and their defense is bad. Defense also really shouldn't be an issue for a team with Artest and and Dwight. I'd be shocked if they stayed this bad on that end of the court.

I wonder if it's an issue of trust. Does the team trust the coach? Do the stars trust each other? Looks like they haven't figured out how to navigate each other's egos and the expectations from the media and the city yet. I don't know, I just don't get the sense that Dwight is all in. And another thing that gives me trepidation is that Kobe's teams are rarely greater than the sum of their parts. They've got a weird culture there. It's not all about basketball.

That offense doesn't seem to fit the lakers. They are running an offense that takes the ball out of Nash's hands and they look robotic.

Haven't been able to find a flow.

So far it's been Pau doing some facilitating and then everyone else just getting their own shot doing the handful of moves that made them stars.

They are precisely the sum of their parts right now. I wonder if this is going to get better for them? One of the keys for Boston and Miami was that there seemed to be a ton of trust and a really tight knit bond between the star players. The Big Three in Miami were friends before they joined up. They wanted to play together more than anything. And even still, it took them a while to get to the point where they could just focus on playing basketball.

This is going to be pretty fascinating to watch.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 02:12 AM ----------

Kobe and Nash used to hate each other and Kobe has been a real dick to Pau over the years. Dwight seems guarded about this whole thing and doesn't seem like he really trusts anyone in LA.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 02:11 AM ----------

Kobe and Nash used to hate each other and Kobe has been a real dick to Pau over the years. Dwight seems guarded about this whole thing and doesn't seem like he really trusts anyone in LA.

I was actually surprised by the amount of depth the Mavs had.. Even with out Dirk last night, they seemed to play with a flow and a tempo. The Lakers appeared to be stagnant and as others said, lacked chemistry. IDK if they expected that since it was opening night, and they had these new "toys", that Dallas would lay down and play dead. But i think they got a bit of a slap in the face.

At some point networks will understand that they need to cut the mics when the C's are playing. They should know that KG says all kinds of **** when on the floor. I'm literally laughing off my couch at some of the stuff their mics pick that he says.

KG is a hot head and the networks love it. i'm sure they would pick up every cuss word that he says, if that were possible. However, dude can still ball.. Problem is that they still won't be able to beat Miami. With the addition of Ray, R. Lewis, and the return of a semi-healthy M. Miller.. i'm not sure how teams will stop them. Have 'Bron penetrate and collapse the paint, Kick out to a wide open shooter and *buckets*... its gonna be crazy.

this psycho-analytic stuff :ols:

they ran an offense last night that made Gasol the facilitator over one of the best point guard's ever. That was the first game ever where Nash played over 20 minutes yet had less than 10 points and 5 assists. Clearly something is wrong with the offense. They need to be upping the tempo instead of playing a slow plodding game.

As for Dwight, he clearly lacks explosiveness. There is nothing about trust

And Kobe only missed 3 shots last night but only took 14 and didnt get to the FT line. That offense is a mess.

they ran an offense last night that made Gasol the facilitator over one of the best point guard's ever. That was the first game ever where Nash played over 20 minutes yet had less than 10 points and 5 assists. Clearly something is wrong with the offense. They need to be upping the tempo instead of playing a slow plodding game.

And Kobe only missed 3 shots last night but only took 14 and didnt get to the FT line. That offense is a mess.

I think part of it was that Nash found himself defering to Kobe.. If the defense is designed to take the ball out of Nash's hands and have Kobe jack up a ton of shots, then Nash was a complete waste of money.

Rondo is a little ***** and Garnett is a bully.

It was a pleasure to watch them go home losers once again.

Garnett is a bully, but I wouldn't say Rondo is a *****. If Wade came at him, I bet he'd welcome it. He doesn't strike me as one who would run from confrontation. Even if he'd get his ass beat.

I wonder if the reason Rondo is always on the verge of killing someone is because Pierce and Garnett are so ****ing annoying and he has to just sit there and keep his mouth shut when they harp on him.

I think part of it was that Nash found himself defering to Kobe.. If the defense is designed to take the ball out of Nash's hands and have Kobe jack up a ton of shots, then Nash was a complete waste of money.

at least look at the box score, Kobe only took 14 shots :ols:

the ball was primarily in Gasol's hands, which is the problem.

Meh, you're a Kobe apologist,. You actually think he's a good teammate. I wouldn't expect you to acknowledge any sort of chemistry problem his teams (frequently) have. Kobe apologists search for anyone to blame but him. If the Lakers struggle this year, I'm looking forward to seeing all of the crap Mike Brown and Dwight Howard are going to take.

The offense is a mess because there is 0 chemistry on that team right now and they can't figure out how to build an offense that suits everyones individual strengths. Nash, Pau, and Dwight are runners that should be playing up tempo but Kobe is a halfcourt player that's best suited to the triangle offense.

What they need to do is run a loosely structured offense that plays at a very high tempo and just worry about getting a halfcourt offense figured out later on.

What was worse is how bad they looked defensively. A team with Pau, Dwight, and World Peace should not struggle to defend and definitely shouldn't struggle to rebound. Nine offensive boards shouldn't happen against that front court. That team has bad chemistry.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 12:15 PM ----------

at least look at the box score, Kobe only took 14 shots :ols:

the ball was primarily in Gasol's hands, which is the problem.

Pau was the only one making plays. Why blame him? He actually played well.

I only watched the first half of the Lakers game, but they look like they have no idea what they want to do on offense. I can't imagine anyone being able to stop a hi-lo game between Nash and Gasol, and they would start that but then either Kobe would be like "No I want to shoot now" or they would just randomly lob the ball to Dwight who had a look on his face like "You really want me to post up? Pau Gasol is literally two feet from me. I could just, like, hand him the ball if you wanted."

It looked a lot like the first Lebron-Dwight game. The only problem I see is that all the Lakers stars are in their mid 30s instead of their mid 20s. They don't have as much time to work it out.

I know I am late, but I have to say something....

I can't believe the Rockets late the Thunder hustle them so bad in that trade. They gave them Kevin Martin AND!!! Jeremy Lamb AND!!!!! Two First AND a Second. What the heck were they thinking?

I know the Thunders chemistry will be messed up in the beginning, but Martin can ball and I think Lamb will get his man too. I think this trade just decided the West for the next couple of years. I don't care who the Lakers and Clippers have, the Thunder is probably the most atletthic team in the West from top to bottom and they have probably one of the biggest home-advantages in the league.

The Rockets are dumb.

Kevin Martin is awful. He's 150 pounds, needs 15 screens to score, and couldn't guard your little sister. His destiny in life is score 16 ppg on a 30-win team. That's what he does.

The Rockets have been desperately seeking a worthy max contract guy for four years. They have one now. Is he a top ten player? Eh...probably not. But he's going to make a ton of All Star teams and will look awesome on a giant poster on the Toyota Center. All they traded were complementary players or picks that will be complementary players. Morey has complemntary players in a storage unit on Westheimer Rd. That has never been a problem. Getting a star has been a problem.

The question is not what the Rockets paid. The question is: How did the Thunder get more for Harden than the Magic got for Dwight?

Meh, you're a Kobe apologist,. You actually think he's a good teammate. I wouldn't expect you to acknowledge any sort of chemistry problem his teams (frequently) have. Kobe apologists search for anyone to blame but him. If the Lakers struggle this year, I'm looking forward to seeing all of the crap Mike Brown and Dwight Howard are going to take.

The offense is a mess because there is 0 chemistry on that team right now and they can't figure out how to build an offense that suits everyones individual strengths. Nash, Pau, and Dwight are runners that should be playing up tempo but Kobe is a halfcourt player that's best suited to the triangle offense.

What they need to do is run a loosely structured offense that plays at a very high tempo and just worry about getting a halfcourt offense figured out later on.

What was worse is how bad they looked defensively. A team with Pau, Dwight, and World Peace should not struggle to defend and definitely shouldn't struggle to rebound. Nine offensive boards shouldn't happen against that front court. That team has bad chemistry.

Pau was the only one making plays. Why blame him? He actually played well.

Im going to be honest with you. I dont trust your views on the Lakers or Kobe Bryant. You say Gasol played well last night by ignoring that Kobe only missed 3 shots last night and was 11 of 14. You also ignore that Eddy Curry, yes Eddy Curry beasted on Gasol last night. Elton Brand went ham on Gasol as well. In fact everyone beasted on Gasol last night on defense.

Also, nowhere in my post actually blamed anyone for the game last night except Mike Brown. The offense is set up for Gasol to do well. If the offense is set up for Gasol to facilitate and be the best player then there is a problem because that should not happen with Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, and Steve Nash on the court.

I dont know how you can get on Kobe for last night when he actually did play off the ball.

And :ols: at saying Gasol should be playing at a higher tempo. There is nothing about his game that represents that, hence why he is the only one who played great on offense last night.

Now where we do agree is that they need to play at a higher tempo. Its the only way to get the best out of that offense, but since they are running this Princeton offense I doubt it will happen. There is still time tho, so we will see but if thats the what the offense will be then they are in a lot of trouble.

They have some potentially great PnR players with Nash probably being the best in the NBA, and they didnt run it once. Thats a problem with coaching.

But go ahead, its Kobe's fault. :ols:

I only watched the first half of the Lakers game' date=' but they look like they have no idea what they want to do on offense. I can't imagine anyone being able to stop a hi-lo game between Nash and Gasol, and they would start that [b']but then either Kobe would be like "No I want to shoot now" [/b]or they would just randomly lob the ball to Dwight who had a look on his face like "You really want me to post up? Pau Gasol is literally two feet from me. I could just, like, hand him the ball if you wanted."

It looked a lot like the first Lebron-Dwight game. The only problem I see is that all the Lakers stars are in their mid 30s instead of their mid 20s. They don't have as much time to work it out.

this is just confusing to me. Again, Kobe only had 14 shots last night. He only had 2 shots in the 4th quarter. Kobe taking shots was not the problem.

this is just confusing to me. Again, Kobe only had 14 shots last night. He only had 2 shots in the 4th quarter. Kobe taking shots was not the problem.

I just watched the first half. There were about four possessions where he just randomly decided to go one on one.

I'm not a big Kobe critic, but the one thing he has never been good at is sitting back and letting his teammaets get involved before taking over. He goes through these mini three or four minute stretches all game long where it's Hero Ball.

If I'm the coach, I pull Kobe aside and say, "It's just game one. We have Dwight...He have Nash...Meta is trying to get off to a good start this year...let's see what they can do. Just sit back for the first quarter or two. I just think they should have run half a dozen Nash/Pau pick and rolls in the first quarter."

Archived