Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2012-13 NBA THREAD!!! New Season/New Thread - LET'S GO!!!!!***

RonArtest15

It's pretty easy for us to tell someone not to make a profit and just spend it all on their team.

I'm guessing you are a Thunder fan...

Open Court is amazing.

They're talking about if the 2012 Olympic team could have beaten 1992 and Shaq completely changed the subject to talk about how his Dream Team II would have beaten the 1992 team.

It's priceless. Chuck tried to say "Ewing and Robinson would have worn you down" and he responded "You know 1994 Shaq don't get worn down!" Shaq said matter of factly that 1992 would have had to double him. And you know what? He's probably right.

Best sports show I have ever seen. EJ is the perfect host and the players compliment other so well. Steve Smith and Kerr are the serious ones for the most part. They keep the show honest, CWebb, The Jet, and Shaq are fools :ols: Them three are a mess. Reggie Miller is the wildcard, you never know how he will play it. Charles Barkley is Charles Barkley, tells it how it is. I freakin' love that show :ols:

So blown that as soon as I turn it to the game, it is going to halftime lol...

I love those Spurs Uniforms.

I've watched two minutes of this game and am more pissed at the Thunder. Their second unit offense now seems to be Nick Collison taking 18 footers.

And Thabeet runs like someone with a broken femur.

:ols: I thought people were overreacting with the Lakers struggling after two games :ols:

Thabeet probably has something broken. Them tall dudes can never stay healthy. That is the reason I give Shaq so much credit. He was out of shape and he was injured a lot, but the man was still able to pretty much maximize his talents.

You would be guessing wrong. I'm a Bullets fan so the NBA season is already over for me. I'm reduced to talking about other teams and stirring up trouble.

Haha that's great. :ols: I can certainly relate. If you want to talk ball you have to be up to date with other teams.

Haha that's great. :ols: I can certainly relate. If you want to talk ball you have to be up to date with other teams.

That is a completely true statement. Almost every year I've had to enjoy watching other teams. Used to love watching Stockton and Malone even though the Bullets were semi good back in the late 90's. Then I enjoyed and still enjoy watching the Spurs. I've never partied when they won a championship cause they aren't really my team, but I enjoyed the team basketball. Now I'm a Durant fan since he is from DC and I just love how he has handled every aspect of his pro career. I'll be really happy for him when he gets a championship.

You would be guessing wrong. I'm a Bullets fan so the NBA season is already over for me. I'm reduced to talking about other teams and stirring up trouble.

Same here :(

It's funny that you both mentioned the Wizards/Bullets. I have the league pass free for two weeks ( I love when they do that) I watched a lot of games. It hurts me that I finally realize just how bad of a team the Wizards are. I hope I am wrong, but it is teams out there that could play some ball.

Open Court is amazing.

They're talking about if the 2012 Olympic team could have beaten 1992 and Shaq completely changed the subject to talk about how his Dream Team II would have beaten the 1992 team.

It's priceless. Chuck tried to say "Ewing and Robinson would have worn you down" and he responded "You know 1994 Shaq don't get worn down!" Shaq said matter of factly that 1992 would have had to double him. And you know what? He's probably right.

I love the show but Shaq is an absolute jerkoff. I really dont like him on TV.

I always like hearing what Steve Smith has to say. He has a really unique perspective on things. Its a great show, I havent seen the 3rd episode yet, but I have it on DVR. Will probably watching it this weekend.

---------- Post added November-1st-2012 at 11:36 PM ----------

That is the reason I give Shaq so much credit. He was out of shape and he was injured a lot, but the man was still able to pretty much maximize his talents.

thats an oxymoron, no?

Shaq didnt maximize his talents. But he was an all time great, no doubt and he never got the bad leg injuries that most players his size get. Shaq was just a genetic freak.

It's pretty easy for us to tell someone not to make a profit and just spend it all on their team.

They've been making money hand over fist the past few years. They sell out that arena easy as pie. It all comes from winning the lottery with Durant, not any special thing they do.

I think it's reprehensible to sacrifice your ability to win championships to keep making a surplus. They're not hurting for money or having problems breaking even. The franchise's worth is always going up. They hijacked the team from Seattle as a money grubbing ploy.

Sacraficing your ability to contend to make money is basically a huge "**** you" to the fans and the players on the team.

thats an oxymoron, no?

Shaq didnt maximize his talents. But he was an all time great, no doubt and he never got the bad leg injuries that most players his size get. Shaq was just a genetic freak.

When I say injured a lot, I meant missing a couple of games here and there. He was never out for seasons at a time. And I said "pretty much maximized his talents" because I do realize he could have did more, but that doesn't mean we should penalize him for the stuff that he did. In his prime (his very short prime) Shaq was pretty much unstoppable. You can't deny that....

They've been making money hand over fist the past few years. They sell out that arena easy as pie. It all comes from winning the lottery with Durant, not any special thing they do.

I think it's reprehensible to sacrifice your ability to win championships to keep making a surplus. They're not hurting for money or having problems breaking even. The franchise's worth is always going up. They hijacked the team from Seattle as a money grubbing ploy.

Sacraficing your ability to contend to make money is basically a huge "**** you" to the fans and the players on the team.

yeah, I agree with this.

In saying that, Harden was not going to be a max level player on that team. 6th men cant be max salary players, imo.

Its a tough decision, and I understand OKC's position but I also get Harden's position. He got his paper, and OKC maximized his value but they could have offered Harden more money.

Why didn't Harden sacrifice a few million to stay in OKC? Is that reprehensible as well?

When I say injured a lot, I meant missing a couple of games here and there. He was never out for seasons at a time. And I said "pretty much maximized his talents" because I do realize he could have did more, but that doesn't mean we should penalize him for the stuff that he did. In his prime (his very short prime) Shaq was pretty much unstoppable. You can't deny that....

I am not penalizing Shaq, per se, but I cant put him on the center Mt. Rushmore ahead of Wilt, Shaq, Kareem, and Hakeem, guys who really did maximize their talents.

Shoot, I think Duncan was the better big man in that era. Thats not because of talent, but because Duncan maxed himself out and played at a great level longer and was rarely injured himself.

Jalen Rose made a great point about Shaq. For all of Shaq's talk about the best center in the league needing to average 28 and 15, how many times did Shaq average 15 rebounds in his career? He never lead the NBA in rebounds and blocks despite being the biggest guy and best athlete at the center position from 1998 to 2005. And for his hating on Dwight, Dwight is 5 times the defender Shaq was.

Shaq was a dominant offensive player but give me Duncan over him. I know Duncan will put in that work instead of nonsense about "company time," to rehab from injuries. In fact Shaq played over 70 games in his career only 7 times, so I wouldnt even say he maxed himself.

But that does not mean he wasnt an all time great.

I am not penalizing Shaq, per se, but I cant put him on the center Mt. Rushmore ahead of Wilt, Shaq, Kareem, and Hakeem, guys who really did maximize their talents.

Shoot, I think Duncan was the better big man in that era. Thats not because of talent, but because Duncan maxed himself out and played at a great level longer and was rarely injured himself.

Jalen Rose made a great point about Shaq. For all of Shaq's talk about the best center in the league needing to average 28 and 15, how many times did Shaq average 15 rebounds in his career? He never lead the NBA in rebounds and blocks despite being the biggest guy and best athlete at the center position from 1998 to 2005. And for his hating on Dwight, Dwight is 5 times the defender Shaq was.

Shaq was a dominant offensive player but give me Duncan over him. I know Duncan will put in that work instead of nonsense about "company time," to rehab from injuries. In fact Shaq played over 70 games in his career only 7 times, so I wouldnt even say he maxed himself.

But that does not mean he wasnt an all time great.

Honestly, I would probably take Duncan over Shaq, but that is mainly due to Duncan's ability to be so versitile...

Has anybody seen Lamb tonight?

---------- Post added November-2nd-2012 at 12:00 AM ----------

Spurs VS Thunder..... I need more....

---------- Post added November-2nd-2012 at 12:04 AM ----------

Parker, with the ice cold game winner....

Games like these are why I love basketball....

Awesome game. Parker absolutely clutch. Big three to tie it then the game winner,

Ibaka is not on the same planet as harden. Instead of learning how to attack the basket he's trying to turn into a shooter.... on a team full of shooters. They kept the wrong guy.

Honestly, I would probably take Duncan over Shaq, but that is mainly due to Duncan's ability to be so versitile...

Has anybody seen Lamb tonight?

---------- Post added November-2nd-2012 at 12:00 AM ----------

Spurs VS Thunder..... I need more....

---------- Post added November-2nd-2012 at 12:04 AM ----------

Parker, with the ice cold game winner....

Games like these are why I love basketball....

Shouldn't have come to that. Danny Green traveled at the start of that play but I forget it's the NBA.

Man, Parker hit that clean. The improvement of his jumper really gives me hope for John Wall. 10 years ago, no one trusts him to take that shot. Now, the play is meant to go to him. Great game and shot.

---------- Post added November-2nd-2012 at 12:09 AM ----------

Ibaka is not on the same planet as harden.

they should have never signed Perkins to that ridiculous contract, imo.

Durant needs to develop a post game for them.

Shouldn't have come to that. Danny Green traveled at the start of that play but I forget it's the NBA.

:ols: No bull. I just looked at that again. He got possession of the ball. his right foot slipped, then he picked up the right foot again before dribbling. But I can't get mad for him not calling that. This is why it is good to have homecourt advantage :D

Why didn't Harden sacrifice a few million to stay in OKC? Is that reprehensible as well?

Because they also refused to grant a no trade clause. They asked for too much. Less money (7 million), fewer years (4 instead of 5), and no assurance that by signing a great deal (and making his contract trade GOLD) he wouldn't end up playing cheap somewhere else. Their offer was insulting.

Ibaka is not on the same planet as harden. Instead of learning how to attack the basket he's trying to turn into a shooter.... on a team full of shooters. They kept the wrong guy.

Man they both are 23.

Besides, it's only one ball. The Thunder will benefit more for what Ibaka can do than what Harden can do. Yes, we all know Harden can ball, but I am not going to fault the Thunder for keeping Ibaka over him.

Kevin Martin was aight tonight. We all know Harden would have did better, but it is what it is.

Because they also refused to grant a no trade clause. They asked for too much. Less money (7 million), fewer years (4 instead of 5), and no assurance that by signing a great deal (and making his contract trade GOLD) he wouldn't end up playing cheap somewhere else. Their offer was insulting.

I don't blame Harden for wanting to cash in and I don't blame the owners of OKC from wanting to make a profit and keep making that profit. That's all my point was.

Man they both are 23.

Besides, it's only one ball. The Thunder will benefit more for what Ibaka can do than what Harden can do. Yes, we all know Harden can ball, but I am not going to fault the Thunder for keeping Ibaka over him.

Kevin Martin was aight tonight. We all know Harden would have did better, but it is what it is.

I'm not an Ibaka fan because he just doesn't produce. He's a shot blocker and hustle guy right now and I don't lose an all star for that. I doubt he hits 10 and 10 this season.

... But he's tall and that costs money in the NBA.

I agree Kevin Martin was good. I want to see Perry Jones though. Forget Lamb, he needs to find a buffet line before someone breaks him. 6-5 and 180 pounds is ridiculous.

Archived