Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday thru Friday, 8/30 and 8/31: Final roster tweets. (free what-not with every purchase of $20 or more)

I'm not anti-Hankerson dude lol

I doubt seriously that someone will give up anything of substance for him.

I want him on the team and will be pissed if he's not

---------- Post added August-30th-2012 at 06:47 PM ----------

He's effing with you man. He's not being serious lol

yea i know, i dont seriously think any NFL team would go for it on 4th downs

Here's an idea. Cut Grossman. Hire him as a coach. This coach likes to wear pads and throw the football to his students and teach the other qbs the system. If something happens we've already made him a contract that states we'll sign him back to a player contract if we need him. Poof!

Then we can keep 2QB 1FB 4RB 7WR 10OL 3TE 6DL 8LB 5DB 4S 3ST

That means Kehl, Worthington, and Bernstine will be the only dangers to get swept up on the wire. It's puuurfect!!!!

Why would Grossman do that when he could probably get the #3 QB spot on the Texans with one phone call? This is a league where teams are actually trading for players like Tavaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst. Grossman will be in the league as a backup for several years. If you're gonna cut Grossman, he's going to be gone.

IMO I still have no idea why we don't just PS Aldrick Robinson. He was a 6th rounder last year, not exactly a high pick. He's had 1 good game out of the 8 preseason games he's been here. If another team is going to cut a player to pick up Robinson, we'll be the first to know.

Why would Grossman do that when he could probably get the #3 QB spot on the Texans with one phone call? This is a league where teams are actually trading for players like Tavaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst. Grossman will be in the league as a backup for several years. If you're gonna cut Grossman, he's going to be gone.

IMO I still have no idea why we don't just PS Aldrick Robinson. He was a 6th rounder last year, not exactly a high pick. He's had 1 good game out of the 8 preseason games he's been here. If another team is going to cut a player to pick up Robinson, we'll be the first to know.

If he is cut, he will be subject to waiver (less then 4 years in the league), anyone can claim him, we will not be able to do anything about it.

He needs to clear waivers to get on the practice squad, A lot of people do not believe he will clear waivers, myself included.

Your scenario only works if he clears waivers and we put him on our PS.

Briscoe will sure be picked up if he is cut, again there were 4 teams that put in bids for him

Robinson will probably be picked up also.

Armstrong will be picked up.

If you cut Robinson, he is gone, he will never make it to the PS. They had to activate him last year in week 16 because IIRC, the Saints were trying to claim him.

rumor has it we are Keeping 4 QBs on the roster which makes it possible that we are not gonna carry any kickers this year.

Was that RG3 practicing field goals before yesterdays game?

Am pretty sure whoever of our WRs that get cut, all find homes on other teams.

Am pretty sure whoever of our WRs that get cut, all find homes on other teams.

I've seen others saying the same thing (including AA), and I'm inclined to agree... which makes me wonder whether it might make more sense to expect a trade in the next 24 hours, like we did with Barnes, rather than simply cut a WR that will likely be in high demand.

John Keim ‏@john_keim

RT @EBJunkies FWIW I'm hearing that as many as 20 teams have expressed interest in Chris Cooley so far. Sometimes change is good.

---------- Post added August-30th-2012 at 07:42 PM ----------

John Keim ‏@john_keim

keep this sentence on standby RT @ZBerm Atogwe has a hamstring strain, will have an MRI tomorrow. Eagles are in a tough spot with him.

Chris Cooley opens up about his release and whether he could play for Dallas

During the conversation, Cooley revealed that he knew about his release on Monday and spent time on the sideline during practice talking to Dan Snyder and sharing memories, including one about Joe Gibbs and why he wanted Cooley on the team.

“The idea that Joe Gibbs thought I was a Mormon, a good religious kid and that’s why I came here,” Cooley said with a laugh. Snyder “laughed and said Joe came into his office six months later and said, ‘He’s not a Mormon at all.’ ”

He also said he considers Bruce Allen and Snyder good friends.

Snyder “asked me if I wanted to beat up Bruce Allen. I said ‘Nah, Bruce is too good of a friend,’ ” Cooley said.

Cooley has said he still feels like he can be an NFL starter, but would he play for the Cowboys?

”I don’t think so, but people do a lot of things for money,” he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/chris-cooley-opens-up-about-his-release-and-whether-he-could-play-for-dallas/2012/08/30/d427dc22-f2a7-11e1-892d-bc92fee603a7_blog.html

Paul can't go on the practice squad man. He's accrued too much active roster time already.

Hail.

Even if he could go on the PS, it would be more than a little stupid to put him there lol...even with the drops (:mad:) he still has the potential to at the very least put 3 or 4 quality games together this season.

John Keim

‏@john_keim

keep this sentence on standby RT @ZBerm Atogwe has a hamstring strain, will have an MRI tomorrow. Eagles are in a tough spot with him.

---------- Post added August-30th-2012 at 10:57 PM ----------

Chris Russell

‏@fakeC_Russell

TEXT from Bruce Allen: "It will be very cool when President Romney welcomes us as Super Bowl champs." #mitt #bruce #george #redskins

---------- Post added August-30th-2012 at 10:58 PM ----------

Even if he could go on the PS, it would be more than a little stupid to put him there lol...even with the drops (:mad:) he still has the potential to at the very least put 3 or 4 quality games together this season.

Even if Paul doesn't play and Paulsen plays over him, Paul is a great special teamer. Don't you think he still makes the squad?

http://26.media.tumblr.com/XjUpY4QN1m12wg0hKxn4WsGMo1_500.jpg

Might not actually have anything to do with the Skins, but oh well lol...

No no, that is a decent amount of skin. I am satisfied :)

Thank you kind sir

---------- Post added August-30th-2012 at 10:54 PM ----------

How about some panache?

I don't know about panache, but I certainly could use a clue. I didn't realize the Skins played last night

I'm not a big fan of Paul yet either, but I was watching him closely last game and he actually is a pretty good blocker for a TE. Several of his blocks were key in springing big runs to the outside. Now, when the bullets are flying and it's Demarcus Ware he's gotta block, that's probably gonna be a different story. But that's a mismatch for any TE.

IMO I'd put Paul at an 85% chance to make the roster. Not a lock but certainly has a very good shot. He can't be PS'ed due to the rules, he's good on STs, he can block about as well as Freddy D, and he's a work in progress as a pass catcher who would be an absolute nightmare speed wise if he ever gets that area of his game under control.

Archived