Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday thru Friday, 8/30 and 8/31: Final roster tweets. (free what-not with every purchase of $20 or more)

I hope they keep Briscoe over Hankerson. Hank hasn't impressed me at all. Briscoe uses his body MUCH better than does Hankerson when fighting for the ball. Spare me with Hank's "potential,"

Sorry but, hope in one hand and **** in the other. You know the rest... :beavisnbutthead:

I can't see Hankerson getting cut. One things for sure, we had some great WR competition this year and fully expect at least 2 WRs off our preseason roster to be on some other team's roster before the trade deadline.

I don't agree with Sheehan's list, I thought this would be more likely:

QB: Griffin, Cousins, Grossman (3)

RB: Morris, Hightower, Royster, Helu (4)

FB: Young (1)

WR: Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, Briscoe, Banks (6) [Robinson to PS]

TE: Davis, Paulson, Paul (3)

OL: Williams, Polumbus, Hurt, Black, Lichtensteiger, Chester, Montgomery, LeRibeus (8) [Gettis and Compton to PS]

DL:Cofield, Carriker, Bowen, Baker, Jenkins, Golston (6)

LB: Fletcher, Orakpo, Kerrigan, Riley, Alexander, Jackson, Kehl (7) [Robinson and White to PS]

CB: Hall, Wilson, Crawford, Griffin, Jones (5)

S: Merriweather, Williams, Jackson, Gomes, Doughty (5) [bernstine to PS]

K: Cundiff

P: Rocca

LS: Sundberg

Time to turn the speakers up, get in the pool, drink some Coronas and come back later to get some updates. Later, peace out.

I hate you. LOL jk

Can we expect any official news today/prior to Friday @ 9 pm? Or is it Saturday morning coffee fodder?

I don't remember how the team has released the info in past years.

...Like...do people think Hankerson is a four-year vet or something?

Has the whole Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly fiasco scared us so thoroughly that we're willing to cut any young guy who doesn't immediately put up A.J Green and Julio Jones numbers?

Wouldn't it be better for us in the long run to keep a guy like Hankerson AND like Briscoe? Why does it have to be one or the other? This "we need to let go of Hank he hasn't shown me anything" stuff is sort of silly.

I hope it's behind the science museum! That's about a mile from my house. Also excited to hopefully run into some players around town.

As much as I would like for it to be at City Stadium, it definitely makes sense to have it behind the science museum. More room, and a straight shot down the street to hotel/convention center for workout. City Stadium would be nice but they would have to level that thing and start from scratch, and I just don't see how there would be enough room there.

EDIT: It's too bad we won't be able to run into Cooley at a bar :[

Hank wasn't targeted much this preseason. I saw him running open a few times and the ball didnt get thrown his way. This is only his second year, and he is still getting back into the groove of things after his injury last year. This guy might not show up big in the first couple of games, but I see him exploding out with some big numbers a little later this year. I would be dumbfounded if Hank gets cut, especially to keep little Banks on this team. This would be a huge mistake IMO.

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_Tandler

The 53: #Redskins final roster projection #RedskinsTalk http://bit.ly/QEqdBh

---------- Post added August-30th-2012 at 02:14 PM ----------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

I hadn't seen this quote from Billy Cundiff yet. Hilarious. Second paragraph in @JGWhite's story from last night: http://tinyurl.com/8vyk2n4

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

A thought as roster decisions are being made: The NFL is a speed league. I know Armstrong's 29 but he is the fastest WR on the #Redskins.

I hope it's behind the science museum! That's about a mile from my house. Also excited to hopefully run into some players around town.

I was in a board meeting yesterday with someone involved in the process, and I can almost assure you that it will in fact be in the space behind the science museum. There is a lot of work to be done over the next 11 months. The Skins will require 2 outdoor fields and 1 indoor facility. All energy and all signs are pointing to the science museum location.

Archived