Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday thru Friday, 8/30 and 8/31: Final roster tweets. (free what-not with every purchase of $20 or more)

We run too many 2te sets constantly to only have 2 tes on the roster.

Having said that, I really don't think Paul deserves a spot.

I agree with that, 100%.

He drops way too many passes.

If we keep him, it has to be only because he's young & has the potential to improve greatly at TE.

Because his production at TE or lack thereof, has been underwhelming to me.

I actually think FB Dorson Boyce has performed better, than Niles Paul.

Paul's drop VS Indianapolis early in the game on that 4 yard dump off RG3 scramble rollout, has me sore on him right now. (Would have been a 1st down & he should have caught it)

I'm not a big fan of Paul yet either, but I was watching him closely last game and he actually is a pretty good blocker for a TE. Several of his blocks were key in springing big runs to the outside. Now, when the bullets are flying and it's Demarcus Ware he's gotta block, that's probably gonna be a different story. But that's a mismatch for any TE.

IMO I'd put Paul at an 85% chance to make the roster. Not a lock but certainly has a very good shot. He can't be PS'ed due to the rules, he's good on STs, he can block about as well as Freddy D, and he's a work in progress as a pass catcher who would be an absolute nightmare speed wise if he ever gets that area of his game under control.

Exactly how I feel Bro.

Paul has shown me enough to keep me up tossing at night. Thank God he can block...and block he did on at least 2 significant runs I saw. But to count on him in clutch? E'ff no! Not yet...Not by a damn sight.

If anyone is in a position to be cut with no expectation of being picked off in waivers it's N. Paul. Who the hell in their right mind would try to tame this sorry beast.

:2cents:

Hail

If we need the room, I would cut Paul. No one will snatch him and we will get our own Tyrell Davis back to become a supersar.

As of right now, though, he sucks as a posession TE.

Paul is still a work in progress. The team is actually developing players now. I think well keep him and see how he pans out with a full seasons work.

I Agree. I think it would be absolutely Shocking if Shanny cut Paul. He can't go into the season with 2 TE's on the roster.

I Agree. I think it would be absolutely Shocking if Shanny cut Paul. He can't go into the season with 2 TE's on the roster.

I agree there is no way we are going to go with less than 3 TEs. I think that position is set - Davis, Paulsen, Paul.

Exactly how I feel Bro.

Paul has shown me enough to keep me up tossing at night. Thank God he can block...and block he did on at least 2 significant runs I saw. But to count on him in clutch? E'ff no! Not yet...Not by a damn sight.

If anyone is in a position to be cut with no expectation of being picked off in waivers it's N. Paul. Who the hell in their right mind would try to tame this sorry beast.

I think we need to look at the whole picture to see where Paul fits in this season. We have invested heavily at WR, and Moss is healthy in much better shape than last year, and possibly playing in the position that suits him best. Last season we had Grossman throwing to Gaffney and Davis, and that was about it. This season we have Griffin throwing to Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson and whoever else makes the cut at WR, and Davis.

So where will Paul fit in? Until he shows he can catch the ball reliably, he won't get targetted much - but that's OK, because we have many more weapons than we had last year. What will be important is his ability to block, and so far he's done a pretty good job of it - it has always been one of his strengths. We have a rookie QB that we need to keep on his feet.

Will Paul ever become a reliable target for Griffin? There's no way to know for sure, but I would say remember Hankerson in preseason last year, and remember Fred Davis in his rookie season (3 catches in the whole year). Give the guy a little time to learn his new position.

I think we need to look at the whole picture to see where Paul fits in this season. We have invested heavily at WR, and Moss is healthy in much better shape than last year, and possibly playing in the position that suits him best. Last season we had Grossman throwing to Gaffney and Davis, and that was about it. This season we have Griffin throwing to Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson and whoever else makes the cut at WR, and Davis.

So where will Paul fit in? Until he shows he can catch the ball reliably, he won't get targetted much - but that's OK, because we have many more weapons than we had last year. What will be important is his ability to block, and so far he's done a pretty good job of it - it has always been one of his strengths. We have a rookie QB that we need to keep on his feet.

Will Paul ever become a reliable target for Griffin? There's no way to know for sure, but I would say remember Hankerson in preseason last year, and remember Fred Davis in his rookie season (3 catches in the whole year). Give the guy a little time to learn his new position.

1) Excellent post

2) Would also mention Briscoe amongst the WRs that could be potential targets for RG3 on offense. Based on his performance this preseason, he could end up more valuable than Hankerson and I assuming he makes the team

1) Excellent post

2) Would also mention Briscoe amongst the WRs that could be potential targets for RG3 on offense. Based on his performance this preseason, he could end up more valuable than Hankerson and I assuming he makes the team

And you are basing this assumption that Briscoe will be a better Target for RGIII than Hank on preseason? Once again. Too much stock put into preseason. Once the actual season starts Hank will be a much better Target than Briscoe. If Briscoe even makes the team.

I think we need to let Paul become a reliable target for Griffin. I would say remember Hankerson in preseason last year, and remember Fred Davis in his rookie season (3 catches in the whole year). Give the guy a little time to learn his new position.

I adjusted you post to fit my line of thinking.

Zero chance Paul gets cut. Zero. We will have 3 TEs on the roster and not only is he a very talented blocker, but he has tremendous speed. He has the ST value of a Banks, but more upside at his position.

Exactly. Reading people in here saying cut him and 85% he makes the roster is laughable. There is ZERO chance he is cut. When he learns to hold on to the ball, we'll have something special.

And you are basing this assumption that Briscoe will be a better Target for RGIII than Hank on preseason? Once again. Too much stock put into preseason. Once the actual season starts Hank will be a much better Target than Briscoe. If Briscoe even makes the team.

Briscoe will make the team. He scored 6 TDs for the Bucs last year. Gaffney led the Skins with 5. And Briscoe was a backup last year. He then scored 2 more in preseason. He has a nose for the endzone, something our other WRs haven't had around here for a while.

I adjusted you post to fit my line of thinking.

I was amazed at how many balls Paul dropped this preseason. I don't remember that being an issue in last years preseason, but maybe thats why he didn't get too many opportunities during the year. But we don't have any other TE options, and WR is too stacked for him to go back there.

Brisco has a good regular season under his belt too, with the Buc's.

I was amazed at how many balls Paul dropped this preseason. I don't remember that being an issue in last years preseason, but maybe thats why he didn't get too many opportunities during the year. But we don't have any other TE options, and WR is too stacked for him to go back there.

The knock on Paul coming out of College was inconsistent hands - that does not seem to have changed with his change in position.

We should also remember that Paul made the roster last year based pretty much on his blocking ability, not his pass-catching ability. He didn't get many snaps at WR during the regular season and wasn't really targeted on those few occasions. But, like last year, our shaky OL means that fast guys with good blocking skills are at a major premium. Our franchise QB needs protection, and our running game needs fast, strong guys who can seal the edge.

So, Paul once again should make the squad, pretty much based on his blocking alone.

Hank is like Banks in that they want to look around want to see and where to go instead of catching first.

Honestly once the season starts I think the flow between RGIII and these two, Moss, Davis and Garcon is going to develop. rk I don't really understand what you are saying there, you mean they look to not throw the ball to Hank? He would not be with the first team if that were true.

Look for Morgan to start in NO and Hank will drop to second team.

At least based on preseason performance, Morgan has had more reliable hands than Hank and has shown more eagerness to fight for a ball in the air and get extra yards after the catch.

Archived