Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday thru Friday, 8/30 and 8/31: Final roster tweets. (free what-not with every purchase of $20 or more)

I think the Skins wait a couple of year for Cousins to season before they trade him.

If he has a couple more preseason's like this one and comes in for a game or two in the regular season (hopefully that never happens, though) and shines then we can legitimately ask for a late first round/early second round pick. Some QB starved team will cough it up. And if not, we keep him until he's a free agent as excellent depth. It's awesome to see how many options we have now because of our depth.

jeez we really overstate our players lol. Nobody is trading us anything for Cousins until he has regular season success on tape.

Matt Flynn and Kevin Kolb both got shots when it counted before being traded

Yeah we have suffered for so long with below average talent at the QB position that when we have a 4th round back-up, that looks competent, it is like he's the second coming of Johnny Unitas.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Teams now will be allowed to re-activate one player from Reserve/Injured during the 2012 season, subject to certain restrictions.

Only players with a "major injury" who are placed on Reserve/Injured after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on Tuesday, September 4, or thereafter during the season, will be eligible to be reactivated at a later time.

That sounds like the old IR rule (I mean the one around when I was in elementary school:)). It was so cool in a way because you'd cut guys who you knew wouldn't get picked up so you could put other guys on an IR they could be reactivated from.

That sounds like the old IR rule (I mean the one around when I was in elementary school:)). It was so cool in a way because you'd cut guys who you knew wouldn't get picked up so you could put other guys on an IR they could be reactivated from.

The difference is back then you could stash as many players as you wanted. Now you can only have one.

Edit: Also back then you could put them on IR for a mosquito bite. Now it has to be considered a major injury.

Where is all this Hankerson getting cut stuff coming from? Dude came back from an injury and from what we have heard throughout training camp, he was doing pretty good. He didnt get many targets this preseason. I find it hard to believe we would cut/trade one of our promising young recievers considering the fact we havent had one in years. I would cut Robinson before I cut Hankerson. Preferably, just cut Banks. Yes, he makes big plays, but how many passes does he drop or just get pushed out of the way by a CB or muff punts? Come on now. The good and the bad are pretty much even on the guy, but if he is constantly putting the ball on the ground and making no real impact at WR, why would you keep him? The only time he made a play this preseason, aside from the kick return which we already knew he could do, was against 2, 3 and 4th string scrubs.

Ok time to go back to the Joe Gibbs school of IR again. Someone, stub your toe really quick.

Sounds more like the new IR rule is closer to the one that George Allen used to manipulate. Just before the season we'd cut 4-5 guys that we'd resign a week later after the injured guys could be put on reactivable IR.

---------- Post added August-30th-2012 at 03:18 PM ----------

Does anyone think we make any trades for conditional draft picks, with any of our WR's on the market.

I'm guessing

Armstrong

Robinson

Briscoe

Austin &

Banks are all 5 up on the trade block.

Of course...

Garcon

Moss

Hankerson

Morgan

are probably locks.

There are a bunch of teams in need of WR help.

Dolphins

Jets

among others.

While we might not actively look to trade them, I think we'd also look at any offers made for Hank or Moss.

It doesn't really help right now, as they have to go on IR after we cut the roster down. Still, given how injury-prone our RBs and OL are, it could be a very handy rule for us.

I'd have to look into it more but sounds like what you'd do is go light somewhere where you think a guy will be available on the street so you can keep 4 RBs on the 53 for now and then next week put one of the RBs on the IR and restructure your roster. That's pretty much what they did in the 70s. I don't think you have to match position,

:ols: Man, if I hear somebody talk about Brandon Banks receiving ability one more time...

If Brandon Banks makes the team, you can bet your bottom dollar that he will not be used like a traditional WR. Remember last year when WR were getting injured, we signed guys off the street to play before Banks. What they were doing was using him in gadget plays at the right time. With the addition of RG3, I am expecting that we will probably be running more gadget type plays. Yeah Banks isn't your prototypical wideout, but he is fast and speed kills. I doubt Shanny will just let him getaway.

Where is all this Hankerson getting cut stuff coming from? Dude came back from an injury and from what we have heard throughout training camp, he was doing pretty good. He didnt get many targets this preseason. I find it hard to believe we would cut/trade one of our promising young recievers considering the fact we havent had one in years. I would cut Robinson before I cut Hankerson. Preferably, just cut Banks. Yes, he makes big plays, but how many passes does he drop or just get pushed out of the way by a CB or muff punts? Come on now. The good and the bad are pretty much even on the guy, but if he is constantly putting the ball on the ground and making no real impact at WR, why would you keep him? The only time he made a play this preseason, aside from the kick return which we already knew he could do, was against 2, 3 and 4th string scrubs.

Cool it a bit. It is just speculation. Also, you'd have to realize right now that unless they have a long-term contract, there is always a chance they could be cut.

The difference is back then you could stash as many players as you wanted. Now you can only have one.

Edit: Also back then you could put them on IR for a mosquito bite. Now it has to be considered a major injury.

Had to be a major injury then. Difference was that they just took the team doctors word for it, Another big difference was that the guys on IR could practice.

Had to be a major injury then. Difference was that they just took the team doctors word for it, Another big difference was that the guys on IR could practice.

Trying to shake out the cobwebs..... didn't they also have catagories like 4 week IR, 6 week IR etc....?

For the first time in a long time our second/third stringers showed that they were far superior than the other teams 2nd and 3rds.

If RGIII becomes the franchise we expect him to become....this team has the the makings of becoming like the Patriots in the next year or so i.e great depth at every position. The Patriots have over the years shown it does not matter who goes down someone else fills it without a beat.

Kudos to Shanahan.

I was in a board meeting yesterday with someone involved in the process, and I can almost assure you that it will in fact be in the space behind the science museum. There is a lot of work to be done over the next 11 months. The Skins will require 2 outdoor fields and 1 indoor facility. All energy and all signs are pointing to the science museum location.

i love that space, it's perfect...but where to park? at the diamond and walk? I think that makes sense.....

Some local reporter released his mock roster this morning and the surprise cut was Hankerson.

Oh i know that. But it seems like everyone is all of a sudden agreeing like "yeah he hasnt done anything, it would be mildly suprising". I think it would be absolutely shocking if he got cut.

Cool it a bit. It is just speculation. Also, you'd have to realize right now that unless they have a long-term contract, there is always a chance they could be cut.

Perfectly calm, it just seems like everyone is jumping ship on Hankerson becasue he didnt explode during preseason. The kid is going to be a stud, but he still needs time to grow. Everyone thinks he arrived becasue he had a 100 yard game last year, but before that, he really didnt do much.

i love that space, it's perfect...but where to park? at the diamond and walk? I think that makes sense.....
I do too. Carytown's loss (City Stadium) is the Boulevard's gain. Went to Hardyplank Brewery right over near there a few weeks ago, cool place. Places like that and Buzz & Ned's should clean up when that spot becomes the lock.

Archived