Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday thru Friday, 8/30 and 8/31: Final roster tweets. (free what-not with every purchase of $20 or more)

Didn't Paul have the smallest hands measured in last years draft?

It's not his hands, it's what's going on between the ears. In practice he catches the ball just fine, but in game time, on the pitch, he has problems. Maybe he's still thinking too much about what he's supposed to be doing.

Bear in mind he hasn't by any means dropped everything thrown his way, he's 3rd(?) in receptions in the preseason games for us. If he'd caught everything he'd probably lead the team in receptions.

Briscoe will make the team. He scored 6 TDs for the Bucs last year. Gaffney led the Skins with 5. And Briscoe was a backup last year. He then scored 2 more in preseason. He has a nose for the endzone, something our other WRs haven't had around here for a while.

I actually agree that Briscoe will more than likely make the team. But to value him over Hankerson is premature at best. We have such a limited sample size from Hank its too early to draw any conclusions other then he was injured last year while coming on strong. I thinly had he played the entire season his numbers would have been better than Briscoes. Imo.

---------- Post added August-31st-2012 at 09:38 AM ----------

Nope. Past production.

Briscoe played the whole season last year if I'm correct. While it took hankerson a while to break the starting line up. Hank was on his way to having a solid season before his injury. So i think its premature the label Hankerson a lesser talent. He is a more gifted athlete than Briscoe. He also didn't perform well last preseason. So don't write him off yet.

I actually agree that Briscoe will more than likely make the team. But to value him over Hankerson is premature at best. We have such a limited sample size from Hank its too early to draw any conclusions other then he was injured last year while coming on strong. I thinly had he played the entire season his numbers would have been better than Briscoes. Imo.

I don't know, doesn't seem premature to me - Briscoe has obviously outperformed Hank. Not saying he's better, but based on the visual evidence that we (the fans) have... Coaches will have a better idea and will know how to place them. Right know I have it Garçon, Morgan, Moss, Briscoe and then Hank. With that said, I wouldn't be shocked in the least if the coaches put Hank at #2 as has been speculated this offseason. All we really have to go off of is preseason though.

I was just saying he'll make the team. He'll definately be a backup, but he could get some playing time depending on how many WRs Shanny activates on gameday.

Getting something for Armstrong would be great. He was a good player while on our team, but I think now we've got guys who can replicate his production while being more dimensional (and with more reliable hands) than he was.

Jeez Brasi, if all you're going to do is drive byes about hating Shanahan and showing your undying love for Chris Cooley, then you aren't adding anything relevant to any of the discussions and that act will really wear thin around here. Really, take my advice and turn off the crusade or you may find yourself on a short hiatus.

Archived