Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per @chrisrussel... Gano released cundiff added

Missin Meast

If Danny Smith is telling a kicker who can kick the ball into the bleachers to put it in the air so our coverage team can get down there, we have a much larger problem than our kicker.

Nobody wants to talk about that. Nobody likes to look deeper, they like to go by numbers and what they think they see.

Up until this year I always got these nasty gut feelings everytime we cut someone that they would go on to earn probowls elsehwere and play much better than they did here. Last year I felt that if they let Gano go he would become the next David Akers.

This year I dont have those fears anymore. I have this confidence back that it dont matter if we let them go. We have the right people running the show here and tif hey feel that this Cundif kid is better than so do I. I dont care if Gano goes to pro bowls. I care about the Redskins only.

I have hope again and I am so ready for this season to start. I an revived about Redskins football!!

The Ravens' loss in the AFC Championship is much more on Lee Evans for his dropped pass than it is on Cundiff. If Evans didn't choke first we aren't even having this discussion.

If the topic was "Who is Most to Blame for the Ravens Loss" then this would be a relevant statement. The fact is Evans did drop that pass which left it up to Cundiff who then gacked. Evans drop doesn't lessen Cundiff's miss for our purposes.

They may have low trajectory, but if the line blocks like they should that doesn't matter. They were breaking through the line and getting close. The only thing I worried about last season was the kick being blocked.

Every time the guy lined up to kick, I expected him to miss it.

Seems to me I recall everyone wanting him gone, now he is and we have a better kicker and now it's like the sky is falling in. Some people are never happy. I guess when RGIII has a bad game and it will happen people on here will be calling for his head or to cut him too........SMDH......

This goes to show the ones who didn't like Gano never really looked at the people who proved his consistency. The majority of people on here proved time and time again about the blocks being the fault of the line and varying stats but the Gano haters obviously never looked and read into that

So he doesn't hit 50 yarders. So what? They are not playing fantasy Football. Last I checked, a 53 yarder is still worth the same as a 42, 33, or 18 yarder. If you can't get to the end zone, then get as close as you can. Look at it this way, If less than 4 kicks are blocked this season, then we're that much ahead of the game than if Gano was still on the team.

People...its a kicker...how can you be shocked?

It is always more about confidence than actual ability at this level. Maybe signing Cundiff so quickly will give him some confidence to overcome last year.

But its a kicker...

With the way the league is set up for parity, they are no longer "just kickers." Back in the old days, it was fun to joke about kickers not being real players, but with games closer than ever, "that kicker" could be the difference in a winning season and a losing one. I'm tired of everyone taking he kicker position lightly, seeing how we haven't had a good one in quite a while.

:2cents:

Playing devil's advocate here:

We just signed a guy 2 seasons removed from a Pro Bowl who is used to kicking in outdoor conditions. He will not have to relocate his family and should be able to transition pretty seamlessly into the squad. He is a seasoned vet that will be kicking with a chip on his shoulder this year.

The Ravens' loss in the AFC Championship is much more on Lee Evans for his dropped pass than it is on Cundiff. If Evans didn't choke first we aren't even having this discussion.

Out of all the pages i've read i think E33Green hit it on the head Perfect couldn't of said it better. Just think people every year you guys come in the forum foaming from the mouth about Gano Sucks Gano this Gano that. And when we release him you guys bark like a bunch of Rappid dogs. Make your minds up extreme skins people.:2cents:

I wonder what this board will be like when we win a couple games by a field goal of maybe 43-47 yards out and Cundiff makes them and we will. I seem to recall Gano missing a couple "chip shots" too. As I said for me and my opinion, getting a pro bowl kicker is an upgrade over a strong legged kicker who has always shows consistency problems.............:beatdeadhorse:

I will give Cundiff a chance before I lay my final judgement on him, but I'm the kind of guy who thinks you should be able to attempt a 53 yarder if you are being paid millions of dollars to be a "Kicker" on a professional football team. Also, he's gonna be going from the Baltimore Field Turf to the Fedex Field dirt/grass so who knows what type of impact that could have on his accuracy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens went and signed Gano now...

The Ravens went with an undrafted rookie over Cundiff. That speaks volumes.

Honestly, they are just mad he missed their shot at a superbowl and wanted him gone ASAP, doesn't really speak about his kicking abilities. We did the exact same after Suisham missed that 20 yarder vs the Saints.

People are saying it was Lee Evans fault, that still doesn't change the fact this guy missed an easy kick in the most clutch of situations, I guess we have to see if that was a fluke kick at the worst possible time or if it will become a consistent problem.

If we keep a kicker with a greater potential for success over 50 yards, but less consistent under 50 yards, what does say about the confidence in our offense. When did punting and playing good defense become such a bad thing. Better kick off's is just a bonus. I didn't get to see much of Rackers, but I am definetely good with condiff as an upgrade. Trust the coaches want to win as much as we want them to. HTTR.

The Ravens went with an undrafted rookie over Cundiff. That speaks volumes.

Does it? Cundiff was once an undrafted rookie, Gano was an undrafted rookie...there are plenty of kickers in the NFL that were undrafted rookies. It would say something if it were an undrafted rookie RB that unseated a veteran, but not a kicker.

So he doesn't hit 50 yarders. So what? They are not playing fantasy Football. Last I checked, a 53 yarder is still worth the same as a 42, 33, or 18 yarder. If you can't get to the end zone, then get as close as you can. Look at it this way, If less than 4 kicks are blocked this season, then we're that much ahead of the game than if Gano was still on the team.

If we don't fix the interior line issues on FG attempts Cundiff is going to have the same issues as Gano.

Great pick up! yeah I know he cant hit from past 50 but I compared the stats from the last two years and between 30-39 yards cundiff is 85.7% where Gano is 56.2%....40-49 Cundiff is 82.3% where Gano is 76%.... Cundiff was perfect under 30 yards where Gano missed 3 kicks. Cundiffs only problem is above 50+ where he is 14.2% and Gano is 44.4%... I dont know why people are confused about this move...56% for a mid-range kick is unexceptable!

Archived