Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI.com: Peter King: RGIII shines in exhibition debut

This proves that Rex and RG3 weren't lying when they said the reason he's holding the ball in training camp long is simply so he can go through the reps fully since there's no threat of getting hit.

I'm so impressed right now that we've got a QB who can do things for the sake of practice and then turn it up a notch during the game. He really knows what he needs to do.

Busted handoff, not really a fumble in the way you might think.

Yea, from replays i saw it was hard to tell if rgiii or royster was at fault, but i thought the handoff looked good and royster just didnt wrap his arms around the ball. Bmitch thought royster was at fault......rgiii did not place blame, but apparently royster said something about handoff was a little low, but he should have gotten the ball anyhow.

Yea, from replays i saw it was hard to tell if rgiii or royster was at fault, but i thought the handoff looked good and royster just didnt wrap his arms around the ball. Bmitch thought royster was at fault......rgiii did not place blame, but apparently royster said something about handoff was a little low, but he should have gotten the ball anyhow.

I thought the handoff looked pretty good too. And I like how RGIII didnt place the blame on anyone.

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 12:12 AM ----------

Thanks. I was thinking a sack fumble when I saw the box score.

Dont worry, Griff wasnt even touched tonight.

This kid. Damn. Just speechless. Is this really happening? Too good to be true, can't wait for the DVR viewing tomorrow...

Watched the 3rd drive on ESPN. Look forward to watching the whole game Sunday on DVR. When we planned our vaction I did not know this was going to be RG3 week.

Good confidence booster for the team but I think RG3 is grounded and knows the defense was vanilla as helll tonight so the kid will continue to work and that is the reason I do not buy too much into these preseason games buuuuuuuuttttttt Sexy Rexy should be sent packing if Matt Moore or David Garrard gets released from Miami because Cousins is not ready by a long shot and I think this team will do well with RG3 but if something happens to Griff this ship will catch up to the Titanic. I know Cousins is a rookie but I think it will take this kid longer than planned to be a solid backup

Man it was like day and night watching RG3 and Rex play QB.

I thought the accuracy was great, still have to see how his deep ball is though (pretty optimistic about it).

What impressed me though was how he didn't give up on the fumble. He chased down the defender and even gave him a shot near the endzone.

The boy can ball!!

Clean uniform.

Griffin couldn't have asked for a better debut. Every single one of his passes were on target. His misses included a drop because of a good defensive hit and a play where it looked like the receiver should have gotten two feet down. I wish the replay would have shown a better angle on that one.

The running game stalled, but if that really is top defensive front... that's not so bad considering we are down three projected starters on the line.

Overall, we did well. Our depth worries me based on this single snapshot, but no major complaints except for Banks. It seems the coaches really wanted to see what Banks and Morris had. Banks never delivered. He'll get more shots, but that showing hurt his chances.

What impressed my most about RGIII was his poise and comfort in the pocket. He seemed like he felt good out there. Maybe this is due to having most of the plays scripted and knowing what was coming next but what a breath of fresh air to see him comfortable, calm, accurate and quick. It's easy to see him becoming a truly great QB. What a contrast to see Rex come in and do what we saw much of last year. Then to see Kirk Cousins show signs of also being very good. What a turnaround in a short time. What a relief to not have to depend on Rex and Beck. HTTR!

His misses included a drop because of a good defensive hit and a play where it looked like the receiver should have gotten two feet down. I wish the replay would have shown a better angle on that one.

I'm still not convinced he didn't get both feet in. The replays they showed were from bad angles but it sure looked like he got his feet down to me. At first I thought they were saying he bobbled the ball on the way out but after seeing the replay he had clean possession but made an odd jerking motion with his arms that may have fooled the ref. Either way it was a good throw and RGIII could have been 6-6 on the day.

Good confidence booster for the team but I think RG3 is grounded and knows the defense was vanilla as helll tonight so the kid will continue to work and that is the reason I do not buy too much into these preseason games buuuuuuuuttttttt Sexy Rexy should be sent packing if Matt Moore or David Garrard gets released from Miami because Cousins is not ready by a long shot and I think this team will do well with RG3 but if something happens to Griff this ship will catch up to the Titanic. I know Cousins is a rookie but I think it will take this kid longer than planned to be a solid backup

Longest. Sentence. Ever.

Seriously dude, take a breath.

Solid and Kirk Cousins will be a starting QB in the league too, I'm eating crow on that move.

From zero QBs to two overnight, hello draft picks. Took two years but feels good now.

Why doesn't Grossman go get ****** though? All he has to do is be a competent backup and he can't throw a decent dump off, atrocious.

Archived