Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI.com: Peter King: RGIII shines in exhibition debut

Its funny to see the pictures of him from last night, in his passing pictures, He seems as if he isnt even trying to put any force behind his throws, just standing up straight and tossing it for 20+ yards effortlessly.

This is what I thought too after wathcing the NFL Network replay yesterday. He looked like he was just out there throwing with his son in the backyard, but the passes would get there quick and on the money.

Still need to get use to having a QB with zip AND touch on the ball. Last season and as long as I can remember I would get pissed watching other teams and their QB throw passes like it was nothing, RG3 looked like that vs the Bills. Its only the beginning and This season will be fun to watch.

Let me drop a few nuggets that will separate a normal rookie and the rookie that is RG3:

• Not only did RG3 go through his progressions like a seasoned vet, once he saw his open target, the ball was gone! No patting the ball, and his Set/step bounce in the pocket put him in the correct stance to make the pass.

• That out pass to Garcon that the robot refs called "out of bounds" is the one throw you have to learn and master on this level. RG3 got it there, as well as putting enough touch and ball placement for only Garcon to grab.

• Get use to seeing plenty of YAC. No more twisting, exposing themselves to get popped by the defense. RG3's skill to put the ball "on stride" with the pass catcher will change all those plays last year where we could never get it in the endzone and the drive would stall.

• The one thing that no one is really talking about: That D-line of the Bills are stacked to be one of the best this season, yet they got a flag for jumping off sides. RG3 used the hard count to draw them off sides for the penalty. Again rookies learn this as they go along, but we got an exception to the rules with RG3.

How did he shine? He made a few passes, nothing spectacular. There were some dropped as well. Guys quit drinking the kool aid. Give credit where it is due. He did a good job, nothing great. It's preseason. This team has a few years yet to be really good. Need an O-line to stay healthy, and how about a RB? -Again, it's only one game into preseason. Take it for what its worth. -Quick question, Can anyone on the team catch a ball besides Garcon? Where was Moss, did he play?

How did he shine? He made a few passes, nothing spectacular. There were some dropped as well. Guys quit drinking the kool aid. Give credit where it is due. He did a good job, nothing great. It's preseason. This team has a few years yet to be really good. Need an O-line to stay healthy, and how about a RB? -Again, it's only one game into preseason. Take it for what its worth. -Quick question, Can anyone on the team catch a ball besides Garcon? Where was Moss, did he play?

He shined not because of his stats, or because he threw a TD pass on a screen. He shined because of the little things we could see him doing as he played. You're the one focusing too much on the stat line for a preseason game, and not looking deeper at what is actually valid.

Really man? You claim - "it's preseason" but you seem to be overreacting to the fact that Moss didn't have a grab in 6 pass attempts?

Hankerson, Moss, Garcon, Davis - even Helu out of the backfield - all will be threats for us this year. We have an offense that could come together quickly. Will be a fun year and next year will be that next level in the team's growth. I disagree with this team needing a "few years."

Given the reps he had to work with...RG3 looked awesome.

I had a valid question. I did not know if Moss played this game. And I guess I didn't pick up on the little things on tv watching it a day later. The little things I saw was replacements on an already ailing o-line, and not much running. A couple good breaks, but nothing to get excited about. -oh, and God forbid RG3 gets hurt, this season will be over. Actually, Depth all over is needed. imo, no decent replacements at RB or o-line.

Fluke.

That Oline, which Shanny and Bruce have NEGLECTED is absolute crap.

/sarcasm

and you gather all that from a pre season and a very small sample size? I agree some go overboard with their assumptions of the line being neglected and RG3 will get killed, but also don't totally know what we have really as far as the Oline goes. I'm of course hoping for the best and these guys, while no big names or pro bowlers outside of Trent, work together well and get it done as a unit. The run blocking didn't look nearly as good as the pass blocking in that game. Being that assured of the Olines success from a pre season game is just about as bad as the ones that haven't seen what they can do yet saying they will be terrible. Hail!

Archived